Quick question:

Will this mod allow Arsenal gear set for units in the editor to reinitiate after respawn in MP, or is that still handled by BIS' system (meaning gear reverts back to default after respawn in MP)?

I have a guy using "REPAIR_VEH_KNEEL" next to a vehicle, but he always rotates away from it no matter how I position him, or how close or far I position him from the vehicle. Is there something simple I am missing, or is this a known issue with the mod, or arma?

Thanks.

Quick question:

Will this mod allow Arsenal gear set for units in the editor to reinitiate after respawn in MP, or is that still handled by BIS' system (meaning gear reverts back to default after respawn in MP)?

There is an attribute called Save Gear, which is unfortunately currently only working on a hosted server...I am working on a fix.

I have a guy using "REPAIR_VEH_KNEEL" next to a vehicle, but he always rotates away from it no matter how I position him, or how close or far I position him from the vehicle. Is there something simple I am missing, or is this a known issue with the mod, or arma?

Thanks.

That's odd, works fine for me.

• Like 1

Update v1.1

Changelog:

v1.1
*removed*
- removed composition tool
- removed custom triggers (If used, remove those from your mission, otherwise it won't run without 3den Enhanced mod, sorry for the inconvinience that caused)

*added*
- time multiplier to environment attribute
- advanced fog settings to environment attributes.
- remove map attribute
- remove GPS attribute
- ambient combat animation
- view distance and disable grass option to environment mission attribute (Will be executed globally and for JIP playes)
- quick links for:(Can be found in the menu strip -> help)
    - Arma 3 Assets
    - Arma 3 Function Overview
    - 3den Enhanced Forum thread
- ability to quickly copy class name of selected unit to clipboard
- ability to quickly set random rotation for all selected entities
- attribute to force walk
- attribute to disallow sprinting
- rearranged attributes into different classes
- mission attribute for radio, music and sound volume
- suppression attribute
- fatigue level attribute
- attribute to enable headlights of empty vehicles

*changed*
- renamed some attributes
- save gear now also works on dedicated, not only on hosted server (Thanks to larrow!)
- crew in immobile is now only shown for vehicle entities
- fixed typo in ambient animation tooltip
- ambient anim attribute is now using combo boxes
- allowCrewImmobile attribute has been tweaked
- shortened ambient anim init time
- removed some ambient animation that would not work, e.g sit and treat_injured

Additionally, the mod is now available on GitHub, if you have ideas, feel free to implement them

https://github.com/RevoArma3/3denEnhanced

Download link are in the first post.

Dropbox link is up-to-date

Steamwork is up-to-date

Armaholic and PWS will follow soon.

• Like 3

You got the Arsenal to load on dedicated servers! Yay! You stud! :)

Question: I was messing around with getting my units to sit and lay down and stuff but for the life of me I can't get it to work. And by that I mean I can't get them to do what I want in the editor. No matter what I type they always stand. I'm using the exact hint commands and clicking the activate checkbox. What am I missing?

Also, once I figure that out, will the animations even work on a dedicated server? I'm making several ALiVE missions and I want to make my base a little more believable (with guys sitting in chairs in the mess hall, laying down in bed, etc). I play all my missions using TADST. Do the animations only work in SP?

I'm referring to non-playable units, if that makes any difference.

The animations are executed globally and will work on a dedicated server(at least from my testing)

Question: I was messing around with getting my units to sit and lay down and stuff but for the life of me I can't get it to work. And by that I mean I can't get them to do what I want in the editor. No matter what I type they always stand. I'm using the exact hint commands and clicking the activate checkbox. What am I missing?

I overhauled the attribute, see if it works better now.

• Like 2

Updated mod v1.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Version 1.3? What would be new to me, it's version 1.1 ;)

REVO, love this dude.  FYI, i think the following is breaking some stuff:

class Attribute0
								{
									property="Revo_unitPos";
									expression="_this setUnitPos _value";
									class Value
									{
										class data
										{
											class type
											{
												type[]=
												{
													"STRING"
												};
											};
											value="auto";

I could be wrong but if the option is set to "Auto/Cancel/AS-IS", shouldn't this be left alone and not added as a value?  Meaning there is no need to add a value of AUTO in the mission SQS?

The problems i am running into is i use a custom animation script and in some cases the animation is being broken.  I understand you have built in animations, but i use certain custom ones as well.  Do  you think this is posing the problem?  The problem is the unit keeps trying to leave animations and is stuck in a loop.  Let me know if i am not making sense...

EDIT:

Sorry dude nevermind, user end issue!  I thought i played around with it enough but guess not.  Please disregard

Hi R3vo, love the mod. I think there is an issue with the fog in the new update. The normal fog settings do not work for me in the editor preview or in game when I play the scenario, however when I go back to the editor view the fog is visible (but still will not appear if I run the game again).

The advanced fog seems to work ok.

Hey nice work on the first proper Eden mod.

Something I find a big pain is that the Task and Diary modules have a stupidly small text box can this be improved?

I really like this mod! I just got two suggestions for vehicles(empty):

1. a button for turning on/off the vehicle lights

2. a button for turning on/off the engine

Hi R3vo, love the mod. I think there is an issue with the fog in the new update. The normal fog settings do not work for me in the editor preview or in game when I play the scenario, however when I go back to the editor view the fog is visible (but still will not appear if I run the game again).

The advanced fog seems to work ok.

I have not changed the normal fog settings, so I guess that's a vanilla bug

Hey nice work on the first proper Eden mod.

Something I find a big pain is that the Task and Diary modules have a stupidly small text box can this be improved?

I'll see what I can do, but I don't think that's possible without dependencies

I really like this mod! I just got two suggestions for vehicles(empty):

1. a button for turning on/off the vehicle lights

2. a button for turning on/off the engine

You can turn on vehicles lights for empty vehicles, for manned vehicles it's more complicated and would require a loop of some sort which is quite performance intensive

I'll look into the engine on/off attribute.

Hello,

nice tool you have created there!

I've take note of a small thing:

If i use your Patrol option the units are automatically in behavior "Aware". But if i use the BIS_fnc_TaskPatrol the standard behavior is "Safe". Why is is so? And is it possible to change the standard behavior also to save by using your mod?

regards

But if i use the BIS_fnc_TaskPatrol the standard behavior is "Safe". Why is is so?

That my friend, is the 1.000.000.000 dollar question, I have been trying to figure that out for quite a while, but it seems that the behaviour setting, set in the 3den group attribute has a higher priority than any scripted solution. So to make this work, set your radius and go into the group attribute by clicking the icon above the unit, and set the behaviour to safe there.

• Like 1

Ah ok. I tought you had set this somewhere in your mod.

Two points to think about:

- The standard eden behavior is "Aware". This state will be set also for the patrol task. Maybe you take a look at your init order to solve the problem.

- Work around: standard eden behavior from "Aware" to "Safe" for every unit. (i see atm no bad reason for this but maybe it caused some broken missions if mission already exist and get edited/re-saved with your mod)

regards 

- The standard eden behavior is "Aware". This state will be set also for the patrol task. Maybe you take a look at your init order to solve the problem.

I have no influence on the init order

- Work around: standard eden behavior from "Aware" to "Safe" for every unit. (i see atm no bad reason for this but maybe it caused some broken missions if mission already exist and get edited/re-saved with your mod)

That would create more confusion than anything else, the standard behaviour is aware for a good reason.

Very Cool. Didn't know you could mod 3DEN. Fantastic!

So as soon as I add any animation, I get this error in 3DEN: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4vtg73nnskcuyg/image.jpeg?dl=0

It doesn't seem to be critical and doesn't appear to cause any issues that I can see, but in an effort to keep my missions as clean as possible, I figured it would be worth sharing.

Also, what's up with the animations in general? They definitely work now but it is very time consuming. As soon as you place someone on an object, if you try to move them (let's say you have a guy sitting on a chair and want to reposition them), they snap back to their original place. I'm sure that's just the editor and not the mod but it makes the whole process take a long time.

I saw a video on the way to do this without the mod (and no it seems harder). But one thing is they placed this blue arrow thingy on the item they wanted the unit to sit on. In this instance, they placed the arrow on the chair and typed some lines in the units init. In some ways it seemed more reliable. Using this mod, what's the most reliable way to get immediate feedback on getting someone to sit on a chair or lean on a table? Also, once you do that, how can you reposition them?

Thanks for your feedback, I'll fix the setUnitPos issue as soon as possible. Just checked the code and did some testing ingame, and I can't reproduce it, are you on stable or dev branch?

About the ambient animation:

I am using the vanilla functions for that, and there are some limitations because they were never intended to be used in a 3d editor. As soon as one activates the animation, the unit get attached to an invisible Game Logic, which makes it impossible to move it.

My personal workflow is, that I place a unit, select an activate the animation, see how it looks and in case I need to adjust it, I deactiavte the animation, move the unit and activate it agian. To be honest, one you get the hang of it, it's very simple and fast to place multiple units with animation.

To make a unit sit on a chair, simply put the chair next to the unit, and activate the right animation (not all animations support chairs and not all chairs are supported by the function), the unit should then immediately sit in the chair as soon as the attribute was confirmed.

I really hope BIS will overhaul the animations in the future and make the Game Logic thing optional, but until then we need to make the best out of how it is now.

• Like 1

R3vo,

I know we can script it...

But do you have the ability to add a box that could be checked on a vehicle attribute screen to play a 3D sound? Essentially like hearing a radio while driving around? That would be a nifty addition. Maybe even include a drop down for the "trigger" sounds similar to the effects box on a trigger?

Just thinking out loud.

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback, I'll fix the setUnitPos issue as soon as possible. Just checked the code and did some testing ingame, and I can't reproduce it, are you on stable or dev branch?

About the ambient animation:

I am using the vanilla functions for that, and there are some limitations because they were never intended to be used in a 3d editor. As soon as one activates the animation, the unit get attached to an invisible Game Logic, which makes it impossible to move it.

My personal workflow is, that I place a unit, select an activate the animation, see how it looks and in case I need to adjust it, I deactiavte the animation, move the unit and activate it agian. To be honest, one you get the hang of it, it's very simple and fast to place multiple units with animation.

To make a unit sit on a chair, simply put the chair next to the unit, and activate the right animation (not all animations support chairs and not all chairs are supported by the function), the unit should then immediately sit in the chair as soon as the attribute was confirmed.

I really hope BIS will overhaul the animations in the future and make the Game Logic thing optional, but until then we need to make the best out of how it is now.

Thanks. That's a good method. I appreciate it.

The error occurs on stable branch. I am using modded units (3CB) if that matters. It happens immediately once I add an animation to any unit. I'm using the sit animation (I think it's I2 or something "2". Sorry. Not at home I can definitely check). I also used the sit on the ground animation and the going over a briefing animation. I'll try from scratch and see exactly which one causes it to see if we can get a repro but I believe it happens the second I add any.

R3vo,

I know we can script it...

But do you have the ability to add a box that could be checked on a vehicle attribute screen to play a 3D sound? Essentially like hearing a radio while driving around? That would be a nifty addition. Maybe even include a drop down for the "trigger" sounds similar to the effects box on a trigger?

Just thinking out loud.

I am working on something like this, no promises though ;)

• Like 2

Is there a list of which chairs work with this?  because I was having issues with getting a unit to sit properly as well.