Tankbuster

Download steam WS content to server NOT using steamCMD

I appreciate there's a thread that is similar to this, but the solutions to his and my issue are very different, so I thiough I'd risk a new thread.

I run a number of servers all using their own directory installs. Each directory has a TADST to administer it. I use the steam tools dedicated server executable in each.

How can I use steam workshop to keep it's addons updated?

i can go onto the workshop and subcribe to mods, but they don't download. Do I have to have a game client installed there too?

^^^^ Yes this appears to be the only way. The Tools dedicated server cannot get workshop subscribed content. I need to have a client install of the game, use THAT to get WS subscriptions, and then sync it's mod folders (I'm using synctoy) to copy content over to the various server installs.

^^^^ Yes this appears to be the only way. The Tools dedicated server cannot get workshop subscribed content. I need to have a client install of the game, use THAT to get WS subscriptions, and then sync it's mod folders (I'm using synctoy) to copy content over to the various server installs.

I got all the mods to download using steamCMD (lets assume its the same thing as pressing subscribe for the client).  Now I have all the mods in a folder with their ID numbers.  How do you get the server to recognize them as mods without the @mod_name folder names etc.  

Also have you figure out how to require steam workshop mods to show up for clients when they launch your server in the Arma 3 Launcher server browser.  Now servers can allow players to download required mods before they join (without using playwithsix)