Drifter

Dedicated Server Mission Loading Error. (Need Help RPT Included)

Recently 2/20/16 @4pm Pacific Standard Time, my realism unit tried running our every Saturday operations. Ever since the new Eden update, we load our training map, loads in fine, start up fine. Once everyone loads in and gets the map screen where is shows a blue rectangle, filled for those who ready up and those who have not loaded in 100% yet. After that once everyone is ready up and I click continue, we sit at the loading screen for ever, literally can't play the game, we can hear eachother running around, shooting but stuck at a loading screen with a full loading bar. Ok, we though the mission needed an update, it was fine, we then switched to our operation mission, as it was time for our operation to start. Get everyone in proper slots and teams and again, go through the same process. Every body ready up in slot selection... Start the mission, everyone ready up in map screen, I click continue for everyone to then load in the game itself so member can get gear and go to briefing room, and knowing it was because of the update we still waited, roughly 30-40 minutes, no response. Server did not crash at all. Mission template is the same we have been using for the past 3-5 months, nothing new. Same scripts same setup. Different maps, and different scenarios. Last weeks map (Before the update) we played Sangin, today, we play a CUP_terrain, Chernarus. I tried loading the Sangin mission, the same one as last week, and same thing no positive response.

This seems to be an issue with modded servers. Our public server start with 0 issues, as it is not modded, and that is most likely the biggest issue that we see can be the problem. Going through the server RPT does not show what the problem is. Unless I am not reading certain errors correctly.

I WILL SAY ONE THING, in the mission we ran tonight... I did load in successfully once. But it took 5-10 minutes to load in, same exact issue, just less people on the server at the time. But we tried it again with only me in the server, did not have the same luck as last time, took 30 minutes with me alone and still did not get in the game. I'm sure if we waited longer it would have let us in, but waiting 30 minutes to 1 hour+ bores most members and causes members to lose hope in the mission.

If this is on our side, some one please spot it out so we can fix this issue. If this is a BI problem, please let me know, and I'm sure they are aware of this issue. I have provided my most recent RTP below.

Most Recent RPT: http://pastebin.com/FAbC8hDj

i'm actually having similar issues but in SP-loading any scenario just leaves me on the loading screen.It wasn't happening yesterday and nothing has changed since then..strange.

Edit-seems to just be certain missions-RobJ's Pilot series.Maybe a script being used is causing mine and your issue?

i'm actually having similar issues but in SP-loading any scenario just leaves me on the loading screen.It wasn't happening yesterday and nothing has changed since then..strange.

Edit-seems to just be certain missions-RobJ's Pilot series.Maybe a script being used is causing mine and your issue?

May I ask if you found out what script it was? Currently the only scripts I had running on the mission, was R3F Logistics. I will try to remove that script, or see if there is an update available, and see if that fixes the issue. Thanks for making an edit and notifying a possible fix.

I'm the one who makes the operations bases in my tac unit so I'm always using the editor and playing my missions. Until Eden.

I can no longer load up the majority of my workshop content, so far I have only found one which I can load into, and it is the only one which doesn't have a description.ext or init.sqf file. There is a mission.sqm file and that is all. After the first loading screen I reach the map and the player list. I hit continue and that second load screen will stay up there loaded at either 0% or I will be in-game for about a second at which point it flashes back to the load screen to be eternally stuck at 80%. My steam name is iPwnR if anyone is interested in trying to run my missions (the one I can actually get in is Freedom of the Press). Those are old missions and of no use to me now. I'm going to try making a new mission and see if it runs, then add the description.ext and init.sqf to see if it still runs once those are added. Will post results.

~mods or no mods has no effect

Removing description.ext in my mission file and running it is working. I will edit this post once I figure out what in my description.ext is causing this problem. I suspect it is the respawn code. Please let me know if anyone else has found this to be a solution.

Changes and/or removal of Description.ext didn't help on our dedicated server. Same problem as OP. Worked before Eden.

There seems to be different issues, all revolving around getting stuck in the loading screen. I would suggest for those of whom can't fix this by removing the respawndelay in description.ext to eliminate suspicious variables one by one. It takes a while, in fact it took me a couple hours to figure out the respawn scripts were to blame, but until Bohemia releases a bug fix this is the only way to solve the problems we're having.

There seems to be different issues, all revolving around getting stuck in the loading screen. I would suggest for those of whom can't fix this by removing the respawndelay in description.ext to eliminate suspicious variables one by one. It takes a while, in fact it took me a couple hours to figure out the respawn scripts were to blame, but until Bohemia releases a bug fix this is the only way to solve the problems we're having.

Corret, I did this and all works only not using the descripiton.ext.. I still use it just removed the respawndely in it, rest works for me.

My group is having the same issue on multiple missions. Our server machine loads the mission fine, but everyone else gets stuck on loading. We can hear our selves walking etc, but the screen is stuck on the loading screen. We tried this with missions that have NO description.ext file... and missions with the description.ext file with no luck. Its frustrating and hoping that a fix for this is being planned as a hotfix, as its definitely creating issues. And if it is the" respawndelay" then hopefully its fixed sooner rather than later as many of our missions need that delay. If anyone notices bohemia mention this as a fix please update this thread to show its on their radar. thanks !!

UPDATE: deleting the respawndelay does NOT fix the issue for me. However randomly one of the missions that would not load yesterday was loading tonight, while another mission that loaded yesterday does not load tonight. There seems to be no real pattern, other than a possible mod.

I have checked the recent fixed on the devblog thread and i dont see anything related to a fix for this issue however, i realize there is alot there i am probably not seeing as well.

My group is having the same issue on multiple missions. Our server machine loads the mission fine, but everyone else gets stuck on loading. We can hear our selves walking etc, but the screen is stuck on the loading screen. We tried this with missions that have NO description.ext file... and missions with the description.ext file with no luck. Its frustrating and hoping that a fix for this is being planned as a hotfix, as its definitely creating issues. And if it is the" respawndelay" then hopefully its fixed sooner rather than later as many of our missions need that delay. If anyone notices bohemia mention this as a fix please update this thread to show its on their radar. thanks !!

UPDATE: deleting the respawndelay does NOT fix the issue for me. However randomly one of the missions that would not load yesterday was loading tonight, while another mission that loaded yesterday does not load tonight. There seems to be no real pattern, other than a possible mod.

I have checked the recent fixed on the devblog thread and i dont see anything related to a fix for this issue however, i realize there is alot there i am probably not seeing as well.

We are still encountering the issue, we will be testing to make sure our missions work, my group has a few ideas and a possible work around for this. I will post on here if we have any luck of doing so.

We are still encountering the issue, we will be testing to make sure our missions work, my group has a few ideas and a possible work around for this. I will post on here if we have any luck of doing so.

I tried a few different things last night but had no luck. It was especially weird that a mission that was built the night before that wouldn't work, all of a sudden worked tonight, however even newly created missions that I built just really quickly in Eden where having this issue as well. And to note when i say mission, i am really just talking about very simple scenarios, such as a 4 man blufor element sweeps and clears a 10 man opfor unit. No props, no triggers, etc. Just a very simple 10 min build scenario. 

I will be doing more testing tonight to see what i can find. So far nothing promising.

Thanks Drifter !

Hello,

first of all, thank you for the feedback.

Are you experiencing this issue with every mission or only with mission that use mods?

Would it be possible that you provide us with a repro mission (if you can, please provide one that does not require any mods or try to keep the mod count as low as possible)

It would help us a lot in order to determine what might be the issue.

Thank you very much

Hello,

Are you experiencing this issue with every mission or only with mission that use mods?

Would it be possible that you provide us with a repro mission (if you can, please provide one that does not require any mods or try to keep the mod count as low as possible)

Thank you very much

Hello,

Thank you very much

My missions do have mods but very few, I will post shortly. Thanks for looking into this !!

It's caused by respawnDelay being configured as a string, not as a number as it should be. When scenario params system was updated in the Eden update, it started to use stricter rules, which however affected already published scenarios.

I fixed it to tolerate string as well again, but I would advise to use number in future scenarios. The fix should be available in the next dev build update.

Example:

Not ideal:

respawnDelay = "45";

Ideal:

respawnDelay = 45;
  • Like 1

It's caused by respawnDelay being configured as a string, not as a number as it should be. When scenario params system was updated in the Eden update, it started to use stricter rules, which however affected already published scenarios.

I fixed it to tolerate string as well again, but I would advise to use number in future scenarios. The fix should be available in the next dev build update.

Example:

Not ideal:

respawnDelay = "45";

Ideal:

respawnDelay = 45;

Hey Moricky thanks for addressing this fix !  Quick question, So using number instead of string now, should fix the issue ? That would be awesome as its a super quick and easy fix !

Either way sounds like you solved the issue, here is my mission file regardless. Its not a mission really just a 10 percent complete build of a training scenario (uses, TFAR, MCC, and ACE3). But again seems like you fixed it so disregard.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/dccirg6oo6m1lur/111SOG_Training_Demolitions_v2.Altis.rar

On a side note... i think EDEN is the single best thing released by Bohemia ... its already saving me HOURS of my free time with building missions. So my family thanks you for giving us some of our free time back lol.

I found a fix earlier this morning working on my groups training map and Saturday operation mission. I deleted the Respawndelay line in the Description.EXT and it works flawlessly.

Also thanks Moricky for clearing this up in more depth.

moricky, you're a lifesaver! Back to tac unit operations at last!

+1 for fastest dev support of all time  :D

Hrmm... Ok in more testing I am still having no luck. Here is what is occuring...

On an older mission of ours that we opened in the Eden editor and made some updates.

We tried with...

1. no description ext file = cant load in

2. description ext file with numbers instead of string = cant load in

3. adjust the respawn delay and other attributes within the attributes dialog within Eden = cant load in.

Nothing seems to be working. However one thing to note is that when we first loaded the mission in Eden and resaved it, it was binarized. So I am curious if the binarization of the mission is somehow baking the problems into the mission ? I dunno, but we also resaved it unbinarized and still nothing. But maybe the damage was done.

However we also created a new mission in Eden from scratch and it loaded up fine for everyone.

I will generate an RPT tomorrow as i just shut machine down, So its sorta solved, but maybe the hot-fix and the ability for Eden to handle strings again will solve this problem. I dunno

Couple of questions though...

A. Should we not be doing description.ext files anymore and just setting all those attributes from within Eden itself ?

B. Does description.ext and init.sqf files work the same way with Eden missions as they did with Pre Eden missions ?

C. Should I delete the "respawndelay" from the mission sqm ?

Thanks !

Hi Guys,

I think Im having the same issue. Im pretty sure it started with the eden update.

I can see all the servers, I have port forwarded all correct ports for ARMA3.

Verified game files, deleted Documents Folder, uninstalled, reinstalled AMRA3

but still 

the same issue.

I can connect to the server but it will load up until the role assignment page, from there it has already put me in a role and I cant change it, but it will allow me to select ok.

It will then go and try and download the mission file but will sit at 0kb/0kb then will time out after 3 or so minutes.

Other servers will get half way through the mission file then spit me back out before finishing the mission file.

Is there anyfix for this.

thanks

DJ