Sign in to follow this  
=242= CPT. Helios

EDEN: Merge Feature removed - Copy pasting removes synchronizations

After the removal of the merge feature, my group attempted to use my mission template, which contained a number of synchronized units and modules. We use these modules to ensure  the stability and uniformity of our missions. However, 3den does not have the merge feature anymore, and when units are copy-pasted between missions, their synchronizations to modules, is lost. I have not yet tested the synchronizations between triggers.

Problem: Units and modules lose their synchronizations when copy pasted between maps in 3den.

Steps to reproduce.

1. Create a mission - Preferably in VR. 
2. Place any unit and module and synchronize them together using the right click context menu.
3. Drag select and copy these units with control + C.
4. Open a new scenario in a new map without closing 3den.
5. Paste the units with control + P.

You will notice that your synchronization between units has been lost. This is a significant feature for my group, as we use this mission template to ensure uniformity of play, and to expedite the mission making process.

• Like 1

This is a significant feature for my group, as we use this mission template to ensure uniformity of play, and to expedite the mission making process.

Same thing here - it would be great to see this issue resolved.

I'am working on it ;-) it will be available in DEV this week (maybe even tomorow already)

• Like 2

Also control + C and control + v in new mission rename the markers... for example marker "respawn_west" is after copy "respawn_west_1" but in the world was no "respawn_west" so he has no cause to rename...

• Like 1

Also control + C and control + v in new mission rename the markers... for example marker "respawn_west" is after copy "respawn_west_1" but in the world was no "respawn_west" so he has no cause to rename...

This issue is still present after the recent hotfix and just as annoying.

Copy/pasted units between missions shouldn't have the '_1' suffix if they don't already exist in the mission.

Just tried EDEN for the first time since it went into core build.

A ) Amazed you got rid of the merge feature ? Why it was probably the most useful of all the macro mission management features for porting missions between maps.... don't get that at all.

B ) tried to copy my missions instead of merge and have found all the Markers get re-named with a "_1" at the end so all my scripts break ? Why the map is empty - no need to rename them.... again nuts...

#goes back to the dark cave to see what else broke...

• Like 1