Sign in to follow this  
gadjr114

Intro SQF file error!

I have always used the following Intro.sqf script file on my multiplayer missions which basically just includes 4 lines of text in the bottom right corner of my screen when the mission starts.

Prior to Eden, it always worked fine and I never noticed any error messages or anything.  Now while I'm using the Eden editor, I always get a black error black with an error message in it but I have no idea what it's saying or how to fix it.  I will attempt to attach a screen shot of the error and the code that is located in my Intro.sqf file. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Code from SQF file:

any =[ [ ["DRY RUN |g.doke|","<t align = 'left' size = '0.9'>%1</t><br/>"], ["Altis International Airport","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font=puristaMedium'>%1</t><br/&gt], ["March 01, 2016 - 1405 Hours","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font=puristaMedium'>%1</t><br/&gt], ["S.F.O.D. DELTA","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='puristaMedium'>%1</t>", 90] ] ,0.9, 0.85, 90] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText; 

Screenshot of error:

31805AD7045D9FED032EEEE595227BAC2F0298D0

Your script tries to use Purista font which has been removed from the game. :D

I think that's the prob.

Can anyone tell me another font that I could use?  As you can see from the screenshot, even with the error, the game still displayed the text in the lower right corner and it's even in the new text font.  Can anyone give me the name of the new text or a text that is still valid?

Thanks!

EDIT**  I've tried changing the font to 3 different ones and still get the error?  Any other ideas?

Can anyone tell me the name of the new font?  And if there are any other noticeable errors in the above script?  As mentioned, I've tried changing the font to a different one and I still get the same error message.  Any help is appreciated!

The font isn't the problem, you're calling the function a bit wrong. It expects a string as the last parameter, but your script has '90' there. So remove it, and I bet it works.

The font isn't the problem, you're calling the function a bit wrong. It expects a string as the last parameter, but your script has '90' there. So remove it, and I bet it works.

I see.  Would you be so kind as to copy and paste my script with the correction in it?  I see two "90"s in it and don't know which one to remove, or both?  And then if I need to remove brackets, ect.  Thanks for the help!

any =[ [ ["DRY RUN |g.doke|","<t align = 'left' size = '0.9'>%1</t><br/>"], ["Altis International Airport","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font=puristaMedium'>%1</t><br/&gt], ["March 01, 2016 - 1405 Hours","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font=puristaMedium'>%1</t><br/&gt], ["S.F.O.D. DELTA","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='puristaMedium'>%1</t>", 90] ] ,0.9, 0.85, 90] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText; 

That one in red?  

So it should read like this?:

any =[ [ ["DRY RUN |g.doke|","<t align = 'left' size = '0.9'>%1</t><br/>"], ["Altis International Airport","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font=puristaMedium'>%1</t><br/&gt], ["March 01, 2016 - 1405 Hours","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font=puristaMedium'>%1</t><br/&gt], ["S.F.O.D. DELTA","<t align = 'left' shadow = '1' size = '0.7' font='puristaMedium'>%1</t>", 90] ] ,0.9, 0.85] spawn BIS_fnc_typeText;