salty6924

Helicopter Not Flying at start

Eden Editor has removed the ability to set flying as helicopter or plane attribute. 

If i spawn a chopper with crew, and raise altitude 100m, thing drops like a stone with engines off at mission start. 

Thoughts on how to get this thing flying from the start?

And im almost certain now that its not the editors fault, was attempting to use the RHS Super Stallion, once switching to any other chopper, thing is flying fine.

Consider that issue identified and reported.

Right now, helicopter and planes will turn their engines on when placed above ~20 m altitude. We're planning to add an indivual attribute which would give you full control over whether the engines should be running at the start or not.

• Like 2

Right now, helicopter and planes will turn their engines on when placed above ~20 m altitude. We're planning to add an indivual attribute which would give you full control over whether the engines should be running at the start or not.

Well I have the helicopter hovering nicely, unfortunately it won't move to its waypoints.

Eden Editor has removed the ability to set flying as helicopter or plane attribute. 

If i spawn a chopper with crew, and raise altitude 100m, thing drops like a stone with engines off at mission start. 

Thoughts on how to get this thing flying from the start?

put this in the init field to prevent it from falling...

this setvelocity [0,0,25];
  • Like 1

If the height is too low it will plummet to the ground :)

If the height is too low it will plummet to the ground :)

together with enough height (400) and setvelocity command I was able to make the helicopter fly.

We have not really been given much instruction on the Eden editor.

Place the helicopter on the map.

Select: Object Transformation - Position  and set 200

Now give the helicopter some way points.

Place yourself on the map and watch

When the mission starts the helicopter  will be at 200 meters and it will follow the waypoints.

im having the same issue. When i use helis from mods it crashes straight to the ground as it tries to start it's engine. While BIS helis are working fine. 

im having the same issue. When i use helis from mods it crashes straight to the ground as it tries to start it's engine. While BIS helis are working fine. 

Which mod and which helicopter?

Soooo... did this ever happen? ;) 

Sorry to continue the bump but can't you just simply turn on the engine in the init?

Sorry to continue the bump but can't you just simply turn on the engine in the init?

if you're referring to _vehicle engineOn true; then no, that will only start the spin up process whereas I want the helicopter to be fully spun up at mission start :) 

• Like 1

if you're referring to _vehicle engineOn true; then no, that will only start the spin up process whereas I want the helicopter to be fully spun up at mission start :)

Ahh makes sense, you could also try to make it fly higher then script it to go lower.

Ahh makes sense, you could also try to make it fly higher then script it to go lower.

Mynock wrote a script to do just that.  There's a strange bounce as it settles though.

That's my current work-around, too, but it just feels hacky and it shouldn't be necessary. #EngineOnEdenParameter

• Like 1

Oh, heres one. (Sorry for bumping, f you still have the issue).

Make the helicopter fly at the start of the scenario and teleport it to the exact place where you need it, this should work.

Sorry for this however I can't really find any information on this issues. why planes can't start out flying when placed down via Editor. I have attempted multiple things like altitude Heights engines on and some other codes here and there but no luck.  I just want to spawn in some planes from triggers and move to a Editor waypoint and the have upmons script take over the waypoints. Can't get the planes to stay in the air why Help and thank you. Avibird.

Edited by Mr. Birdman

7 hours ago, Mr. Birdman said:

Sorry for this however I can't really find any information on this issues. why planes can't start out flying when placed down via Editor. I have attempted multiple things like altitude Heights engines on and some other codes here and there but no luck.  I just want to spawn in some planes from triggers and move to a Editor waypoint and the have upmons script take over the waypoints. Can't get the planes to stay in the air why Help and thank you. Avibird.

I dunno if this will help you, but try using 3den Enhanced.

There's a section in the attributes menu that can force an engine to be on. (Attributes>Special States>Engine on)

I've used it with unitCapture/unitPlay on helos. (Because unitCapture doesn't seem to recognize that I turned the engine on)

• Like 1

Hey they is no such attributes  special  for planes and choppers. How can I get aplane to start to fly once spawn using the editor.