hawtsawce

Eden update losing sound

After the update I have lost all sound to arma 3 when I went to go look at my files to see if anything was corrupted I am running off of windows the media player symbol has been showing up on all the SFX files does anyone know a fix?

Same problem here lost all sound and even tried to reinstall the hole game but with the same problem  :( .

Exactly same thing with me!!! All other games on steam work and every other application!! I've also reinstalled

My issue is my audio cuts out every 3 seconds while moving if I stand still the audio is fine. This is the only game it happens on. I have verified game cache taken off dragonfyre but neither helps. This is the first I have played since the update and it was a non-issue prior to the update.

Same issue, I found a small fix, basically you can't use the default Arma 3 Launcher.

Use A3Launcher and your sound works.

Hello,

are you able to hear sounds when running the game when starting it directly with arma3.exe? Are you able to hear sounds if you start it from launcher with Battleye disabled?

In either way, please export your launcher and game logs. Here's how to export the launcher logs that:

1. Start ARMA 3 Launcher

2. Click Options menu

3. Drop down menu will appear

4. Select: Prepare Arma Troubleshooting error and save those files

5. A notification will pop up with the name of the generated file

Please note that it might take some time for files to collect.

Game logs should be located:

<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have the files, upload it to some free file sharing service and PM me the link.

Thank you

Same Problem here ... this is nooooooot Good ............I dont Care for why it is a problem ...fix it ... 

Does not matter how many "Cores" I set the CPU count to, still have this issue. BTW i have 4.

I get sound as I am loading into ARMA. I lose it when I choose a server and try to connect to one. I have watched windows desktop as this happens and get the litte red "X" on my speaker in the notification pane. I'm assuming something is resetting the sound devices during this time.

I am using a G430 USB Sound Driver: http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/product/g430-7-1-surround-sound-gaming-headset

This is what I have done and still unsuccessful.

1. Disabled all onboard sound on motherboard.

2. Switched to every USB port I have

3. Disabled all other Playback device in windows

4. Tried with or without TS

5. Updated Mobo BIOS: P8Z77V-DELUXE: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z77V_DELUXE/

6. Tried using/not using Arma Steam launcher

7. Enabled onboard sound, disabled USB sound

**************UPDATE: (Like 5 mins after posting this)*****************

I went to my ARMA3.exe and set as "Administrator" for all users and set compatibility for Win7 (Because I have Win7).

Now it works.

"FacePalm"   ????

Will be back to update if anything changes. If you dont hear from me this worked...