-ORION-

Grouping triggers to terrain objects?? (Buildings/Towers)

Hello all. I imported one of my missions into the Eden editor and found an issue that needs fixing.

The task in this case is destroying radio towers. I set this up in the 2D editor by creating a trigger the size of the tower, choosing not present, and then grouping it (f2) to the actual tower. This creates a static object activation type, which suits my needs perfectly.

I cannot seem to group triggers to terrain objects in the Eden editor, so I can't get that much needed static object activation type to appear within the trigger parameters. I've tried using the map mode in the Eden editor, but there is no option there either. Right clicking, selecting "Connect," and "Set Trigger Owner," still doesn't give the option to group the trigger to static objects.

Any ideas? I'm probably just missing something. Thanks in advance.

I'm surprised there's not an answer to this yet, and I can't seem to find any answers anywhere. I'm curious too. Have you found a workaround?

"Set Trigger Owner" works the same way. Set your static object as the triggers owner and what you want the trigger to do.

I'm not sure if this is the info you need but on the BIKI under Discontinued Features it says:

Map object interaction (e.g., attaching waypoints to map objects) https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Eden_Editor:_Switching_from_2D_Editor#Discontinued_Features

If that is also true for triggers then it seems you'll need another approach.

I'm surprised there's not an answer to this yet, and I can't seem to find any answers anywhere. I'm curious too. Have you found a workaround?

There was an answer, from OP himself.

Here's the reason why this feature was removed.

• Like 1