steelbellybeast

Small Object Placement on Surfaces

I am currently trying the Editor after the release and have found most of the functionality ok. some issues when creating a mission is units set with a certain behaviour completely ignore what you have set and do whatever they wish. I have also tried setting waypoints and they start to follow then do whatever they wish. No opposing forces present to make them change behaviour. Can anyone offer any ideas

I have watched some of the videos relating to object placement and suggesting items can be put onto tables and surfaces. Having tested with many different tables and surfaces this does not work.This has never worked and still does not work in Eden.

Even using 3rd Party 3d editors such as ARES in zeus to save SQM the objects just fall to the ground and MCC is very hit and miss like the ARMA 2d Editor.

Is this a known bug or can anything be done to aid with this issue.

The only issue I had when placing objects on tables and such is that its a bit tricky to get it right otherwise it sinks into the object and you cant see it when you preview it.

Can you make a video or a GIF of how are you trying to put those object on a table?

Perhaps you're simply doing it wrong.

I am having the same problem. Even with snapping to objects turned off, the objects still fall to just below the top of the table or whatever I'm trying to place them on.

Right click on the object and select Attributes.

Under Object: Special States, uncheck Enable Simulation.

One issue I have is that if you get the placement correct in one axis it can be way off in another.

Other editors along with the main 3D view offer a x,y,z windows as well, I don't know if this would be possible in A3 but it would be a big improvement over a single screen.