diabolical

"MEC" Middle-Eastern Coalition Forces

Looks great, will definitely have it's uses in ALIVE and I have a lot of friends who were way into BF2 and would love this.

• Like 1

Can you make these kind of vests??

Is it OpFor or Bluefor mod ??

1033677242.jpg

• Like 1

Can you make these kind of vests??

Is it OpFor or Bluefor mod ??

These guys will be opfor.

And yes, I have seen these uniforms before and an entirely new uniform for my units is in the pipeline I'am just working on getting better at my sculpting

• Like 6

Good luck and god speed for your mod. I am damm sure when you will release it will be the best OpFor Mod.

Your modeling & texturing skills are  :icon_dj:

• Like 1

Maybe it would be cool to make them GreenFor, since in A3  universe as Arabian (League) forces they could fight against Nato and/or CSAT. In combination with RHS they could be used as enemies for US and Russian forces.

just my 2 cents

keep it up :)

Maybe it would be cool to make them GreenFor, since in A3  universe as Arabian (League) forces they could fight against Nato and/or CSAT. In combination with RHS they could be used as enemies for US and Russian forces.

just my 2 cents

keep it up :)

This mod is going to be the current-day version of CSAT as far as I can tell. And most of the big players in the middle east like Iran and Syria are closely allied with Russia, so its unlikely they'd fight against each other. And additionally, putting them on indfor limits their capacity because a lot of mods with insurgent or irregular forces are indfor, and it would be possible for these guys to be suppressing insurgency or training guerilla fighters to be the ambassadors of their foreign policy.

on topic; keep up the great work diabolical, I can't wait for these units. A generic ME faction that isn't stuck in 1980 like Takistan looks awesome and your assets are great.

This mod is going to be the current-day version of CSAT as far as I can tell. And most of the big players in the middle east like Iran and Syria are closely allied with Russia, so its unlikely they'd fight against each other. And additionally, putting them on indfor limits their capacity because a lot of mods with insurgent or irregular forces are indfor, and it would be possible for these guys to be suppressing insurgency or training guerilla fighters to be the ambassadors of their foreign policy.

on topic; keep up the great work diabolical, I can't wait for these units. A generic ME faction that isn't stuck in 1980 like Takistan looks awesome and your assets are great.

There are plenty of nations in the Middle East allied to the US, like Iraq, Jordan, Saudi-Arabia, U.A.E. and Afghanistan and maybe even more. In fact, the only nations aligned to Russia in the Middle East are indeed Iran and Syria, of which only Iran could become influential. The faction could be added to both INDFOR and OPFOR but in the end it's all up to the Holy Modmaker. 

• Like 1

My whole approach to this project was to have a conventional force for opfor in the middle-eastern setting that people would like to play as and not just use as AI. It seems to be abit of a missing piece in the Arma verse to have good opfor forces and there are very few complete opfor factions in ArmA modding (bar RHS of coarse).

It is also extremely easy to change a factions side these days externally with scripts. 

So I can make a promise that these guys will be Opfor only and I have no plans to make them multi side

• Like 5

So I know the primary service rifle for the MEC is going to be the G3. But, will there be any sort of special ops groups that use ArmA 3 weapons like the Katiba? Or possibly a more modified rifle?

So I know the primary service rifle for the MEC is going to be the G3. But, will there be any sort of special ops groups that use ArmA 3 weapons like the Katiba? Or possibly a more modified rifle?

for now its just going to be the g3. I plan on having many different versions and accessories for it making it a standard/specops depending on the situation. 

talking of G3's

Awesome! Looks great!

for now its just going to be the g3. I plan on having many different versions and accessories for it making it a standard/specops depending on the situation. 

Something along these lines?

10088747393_3bb640f710_b.jpg

• Like 4

Something along these lines?

Well along those lines I'am doing a little rework

tGfJXbT.png

• Like 8

And with some textures

woPQYCF.png

Any chance to see a Kiowa version?  Or one with Minigun ?  Would like one with a FFV / M-249 MG for any light recon helicopter missions ,this looks fantastic !

• Like 5

So, another development that has come about after talking to a few people and that is the G3 makes it hard to balance a faction. its a 20 rnd beefcake and some of the tvt community (and myself of coarse) decided it would be a bad Idea balance wise. So I'am sorry to say that the G3A3 wont be making an appearance (most likely) In MEC mod...........................

Why not keep it in a DMR or marksman role, or even special forces? It would then be used as an equivalent to the M14 or other battle rifles/ now DMR's. You made some earlier photos with NIA Arm's G3's, maybe the 5.56 G3 version, the HK33, would be more balanced as a standard infantry rifle, while still keeping the HK style for the faction. I just looked into it, and the HK33 is manufactured in Turkey, so could be plausible for MEC to use. 

I mean, you could always use the APEX AKM rifles. However that would serve as an issue for those without APEX.

Why not keep it in a DMR or marksman role, or even special forces? It would then be used as an equivalent to the M14 or other battle rifles/ now DMR's. You made some earlier photos with NIA Arm's G3's, maybe the 5.56 G3 version, the HK33, would be more balanced as a standard infantry rifle, while still keeping the HK style for the faction. I just looked into it, and the HK33 is manufactured in Turkey, so could be plausible for MEC to use. 

Your pretty onto it. because this is the replacement.  this is a good weapon platform because its sits in the 30rnd 556 category and also allows for multi variations from AR to marksman (as you will see in the parts in the pic)

S1ows3C.png

• Like 7

C-Mag? UGL?  Wow!   Will we be able to change the barrell on the fly,somehow?  Would be very neat...Speaking of neat.... Could I bother you for a nice Liason/Combat Control version of the Bell helicopter?

One without the seats for troops and with a Long Range radio build-into it in a Rack ?  With FFV for the rear seats?   I don`t want to pester you with a lot of requests,but if you didn`t

know what some needs/wants,it`s going to get hard to antcipate what the helo is most likely going to be used for .By some of the users.

You do what you want to make of it .Just asking ...if possible.  And a small request-can you make a little hatch that we can place a backpack/or some sort of cargospace in it?

Tip:If you add a Hoist to this helicopter,add a Sling Loading Feature and a Attachment Point to the rope-- you would then be able to make a SAR-helicopter that could hoist a player up into the air and script him inside of it .

Such a feature will make You`re helicopter uniqe in Arma 3.

Thank

you.     :)     Good Luck with the modmaking! :D