Vasily.B

Real Tank Crew - Improved behavior addon

Some bugs,

When veh is under player squad driver will get out and repair but wont get back in.

Driver waits till at least half tires are down before performing the repair. he should fix veh tires whenever out of combat.

When veh has a player inside it, driver wont get out to repair veh.

tested in eden editor with steam workshop version.

Some bugs,

When veh is under player squad driver will get out and repair but wont get back in.

Driver waits till at least half tires are down before performing the repair. he should fix veh tires whenever out of combat.

When veh has a player inside it, driver wont get out to repair veh.

tested in eden editor with steam workshop version.

- First its not bug

- Second isnt a bug, but condition needed to start repair process is vehicle immobilised (arma definition of it)

- Third never happen to me

First seems like a bug, if that veh is outside my line of sight, IE over 5 km away, i wont know he has disembarked and started wandering around. hes a driver he belongs in his drivers seat, why would he not get back inside? its hardly a feature. Does it do this when veh is not on a player squad? why the difference?

Any better way to make it so its linked to a significant drop in mobility? a 8 wheel that has lost its first 4 wheels seems pretty immobilized.

To test the third. have the driver dismount. kill the tires. Get in the veh, have the driver get in. Driver will not repair.

First seems like a bug, if that veh is outside my line of sight, IE over 5 km away, i wont know he has disembarked and started wandering around. hes a driver he belongs in his drivers seat, why would he not get back inside? its hardly a feature. Does it do this when veh is not on a player squad? why the difference?

Any better way to make it so its linked to a significant drop in mobility? a 8 wheel that has lost its first 4 wheels seems pretty immobilized.

To test the third. have the driver dismount. kill the tires. Get in the veh, have the driver get in. Driver will not repair.

Ah you mean that situations..... When, driver will not get in unless he get a command from commander, i cant change this (it work like vanilla system when you disembark to repair vehicle, and automaticly after repair commander will order you to get back in).

Second - I may think of improve this, but surely not today. Immobilised, or better "canMove" is Arma definition, i'm not able to change this, game threat immobilised as 50% of wheels are destroyed.

Third - the script work ONLY when damage will appear while driver was in vehicle. Cant change this.

On 12/5/2016 at 9:07 AM, Vasily.B said:

Ah you mean that situations..... When, driver will not get in unless he get a command from commander, i cant change this (it work like vanilla system when you disembark to repair vehicle, and automaticly after repair commander will order you to get back in).

Second - I may think of improve this, but surely not today. Immobilised, or better "canMove" is Arma definition, i'm not able to change this, game threat immobilised as 50% of wheels are destroyed.

Third - the script work ONLY when damage will appear while driver was in vehicle. Cant change this.

Thank you for your reply Great mod!

Can you make it so some of the vaules are kept changable or leave information in a readme so it can be changed to suit the player/server

We run a server and would like to be able to change certain values and enable/disable certain features for balancing. Just a thought if not possible or no time no worries.

52 minutes ago, masterdebator said:

Thank you for your reply Great mod!

Can you make it so some of the vaules are kept changable or leave information in a readme so it can be changed to suit the player/server

We run a server and would like to be able to change certain values and enable/disable certain features for balancing. Just a thought if not possible or no time no worries.

I wish i could help, but i dont have my mod under hand nor arma installed. But in Christmass everything is possible. From what i remember, onlything possible to change is timer (before driver disembark from vehicle, and the repair time).

Hi I tested this on local server (lan) and it worked fine, tested on our dedi server and the AI would not get out to repair. do you know why this would be?

Made a small change to rtc/init.sqf;

if (!isServer) exitWith {};
changed to;
if (hasInterface) exitWith {};

This allows to script to execute on AI that are local to a HeadlessClient as well as the server (while skipping players as it normally would.)

• Like 2

Do Vasily.B have a plan that make AI crew fire HE or HEAT-MP round for Infantry?

If you have it, how about to make a module that make AI crew use other mod's HE round.

It have a Text box that user type classnames of tank HE in other mod.

4 hours ago, alreadyused said:

Do Vasily.B have a plan that make AI crew fire HE or HEAT-MP round for Infantry?

If you have it, how about to make a module that make AI crew use other mod's HE round.

It have a Text box that user type classnames of tank HE in other mod.

Well, my plans are over as it work as intented, all plans was to make AI to repair broken engine/tracks,wheels and make vehicle moveable again. As for using HE/HEAT - RHS mod have working scripts, but they threat me as enemy (for reporting issues with their own mod). I'm also not a real modder, as mod was created by lot of community members, i had only the main idea and changed some circumstates, thats all. If you fell on power, feel free edit it on your own, sorry.