Sign in to follow this  
Grester

[SOLVED] Undefined base class but external parent classes defined...

Yes this is going to sound weird but I'm trying to create an inheritance from a class yet it's giving me the undefined base class error despite I have literally made the entire parent-child tree which isn't usually necessary.

I'm not actually using a "base" class but one of BIS inherited classes but it should still work right? Any idea why this is giving me this error? I also have the necessary required addons defined so I'm clueless.

//config.cpp
(...)
requiredAddons[] = {"A3_characters_f_beta","A3_characters_f","A3_Weapons_F","A3_Data_F"};
(...)
class CfgVehicles
{
    class Land; //These shouldn't be necessary
    class Man; //These shouldn't be necessary
    class CAManBase; //These shouldn't be necessary
    class SoldierWB; //These shouldn't be necessary
    class B_Soldier_base_F; //I wanted to inherit one of the sniper ones preferably B_sniper_f
    class B_Soldier_sniper_base_F; //Inheriting this one doesn't work either
    class B_sniper_F;
    #include "CfgUnits.hpp"		
};
(...)

///CfgUnits.hpp
(...)
class BOT_SNIP_Desert: B_sniper_F { //Undefined base class error here
//overriden values
//no subclasses used
};
(...)

Perhaps try and include the parent class defines within the cfgUnits.hpp. It shouldn't make any difference, but this being ArmA it might work :P

• Like 1

Perhaps try and include the parent class defines within the cfgUnits.hpp. It shouldn't make any difference, but this being ArmA it might work :P

... This game just sometimes pisses me off so much.

I SWEAR I had tried that before and it had failed on me. However I went to try it again just cause and guess what, it binarized. ... Well thanks...

Edit: Later on I had same problem I think I just realized what was the problem. I had the game running when binarizing, it doesn't always work. But yeah, it has to be in same .hpp file.