zonekiller

ZKs -=LOST SP=- Single Player Survival Mission (With Optional Base Building)

Thanks for your input and I'm glad you like the mission

Just played the mission on MSKE Isle.Got dropped in the middle of nowhere near the coast & came across only 2 bldgs after walking for hours which only netted me a pistol and a uniform, then died of starvation.Not a lot of structures on this end of the map so be prepared.This mission is a must if you have a death wish or nine lives.

MSKE Isle is very vast and yes is hard to stay alive

If anyone knows of a map that is large and has a lot of towns that are close to each other let me know and I will port it over in SP and MP

MSKE Isle is very vast and yes is hard to stay alive

If anyone knows of a map that is large and has a lot of towns that are close to each other let me know and I will port it over in SP and MP

Napf just released for Arma 3.It's already being used for Epoch/Exile mods. NamalskA3 also but not sure if this one would meet the criteria.It was a blast though for zombies 

Thanks @zonekiller, what you think about Esseker it fits?

I've been this for a while now and I thought I'd post a couple of thoughts and suggestions.

-All enemies with Mk200 always spawn without any ammo. This is probably not intentional.
-Even though 6.5mm Katiba mags spawn regularly in buildings, there are no OPFOR weapons at all. Could these be added?
-Wouldn't it be much more fun if all lootable weapons spawned always without any attachments or scopes? There are always a lot of silencers and scopes everywhere, and since the weapons always come with almost everything you need from the start, I don't really see the point. It would make the progression more satisfying with a lower starting point.
-Since this mission does not feature a normal save system, ie. there is pretty much permadeath (without Defib), could it be somehow possible to acquire body armor? Maybe through quests or something (might already been implemented, but I haven't yet been so lucky).
-I like shooting random teams of non-armored people a lot! But could it be possible to have some kind of distinguishable factions, with different gear and weaponry?
-...also, it would be cool to have them also hostile to each other. Maybe even without factions, just every man (or group, in this case) for themselves, in a single player Battle Royale style? That would be really cool and it would make sense, since you're pretty much dropped there to eventually die. =)
-Now the idea of utilizing iniDB2 is cool and it works, but... this mission really runs horribly. I needed to reduce my viewing distance to 1000 in order to get at least 25+ FPS. Usually it's around 20-35. At one point I saw a huge increase, staying easily in 40+ territory, but then I found out that BattlEye had blocked the iniDB2 mod... =/ Maybe there would be a chance to run the SP mission with just the regular saving system and non-consistent world, completely RNG every time the mission is started? I have no idea how scripting actually works, so I don't know. Just a thought.

I don't want to appear overly critical, I've really enjoyed this mission. But I hope you keep developing it, there is so much potential! =)

-All enemies with Mk200 always spawn without any ammo. Will be fixed

-Even though 6.5mm Katiba mags spawn regularly in buildings, there are no OPFOR weapons at all. Could these be added? Yes

-Wouldn't it be much more fun if all lootable weapons spawned always without any attachments or scopes? Good idea

-could it be somehow possible to acquire body armor? Maybe through quests or something - Will look into it

-it would be cool to have them also hostile to each other. that would be lots of CPU usage and most of it you would not even see  (may add a all in hostile near the player every now and then) 

-Maybe there would be a chance to run the SP mission with just the regular saving system and non-consistent world, completely RNG every time the mission is started? that kinda defeats the idea of the mission I will see about an option for that 

-this mission really runs horribly. Lower the amount of AI in the initserver.sqf or get a bigger computer its a whole island mission

grandelemental Thanks for the feedback it always helps to make a better mission

• Like 1

Thanks for your mission zonekiller.

I gave the Napf version a go for a few hours and although I enjoyed it I feel some changes need to be made. The enemy squads seem to spawn too often and too close. I'll kill a squad and attempt to retrieve their gear only to be attacked by another squad straight away. 

Loot is overly plentiful imo and I can easily carry multiple tires and tools in my pack and still run a distance. But when I push myself too hard and get tired I eventually start bleeding.

I've played a lot of DaiZy and Ravage of late and have gotten used to their slow pace.

Keep up the good work. Cheers.

-Maybe there would be a chance to run the SP mission with just the regular saving system and non-consistent world, completely RNG every time the mission is started? that kinda defeats the idea of the mission I will see about an option for that 

Hi,

I second the request for a proper save system. Restarting when facing AI that sees through vegetation, closed windows blinds, etc., is a waste of time and an exercise in frustration.

Also, why "non-consistent"? When I reload a normal stock or user mission that uses the normal BIS save system, the world is exactly the same as when I saved it. This is the definition of consistency.

• Like 1

This is designed to be a MP game and im still updating it when its done i will redo the SP mission from scratch but at the moment im just one person and just dont have time to keep 2 completely different versions updated

after APEX and the hotfix i will look at redoing it then.   

Patience People 

At the moment  LOST MP is at Version 8

Zonekiller,

I thought the mission was CBA compatible?  I see I had to remove it when I joined your server?

Vengeance

No, he's just put signature checking onto the server - not sure if he's updated keys himself.  Just made a port with R3F for base building that works well.

• Like 1

Kremator,

Ok, thanks NICE add on the R3F!  You going to post that? ;)

There are a few things I'd need to sort first ... need to tinker with the code (to add things like every kill awards cash to spend in shop - assuming you can stay alive that long!)

nice mission! this remainds me the Flashpoint mission of thomsonb (dont know why, maybe for the fun and excitement) .

here some items to take in count in case of an update:

some times, you are just walking, and 100 mts at you right, like magic, appear  4 or five enemy soldiers, and kills you (all the time).

at this: * maybe put some limite distance in the soldiers appears, like minimum 300 or 400 meters.

* remove all sights in soldiers.

* they have very good shoot, maybe a little more noob AI?

when the mission stars in the coasts, i know i need to restart the game.

it will be so good if in some places, like big water tubes in a field in middle of nowhere, or a pile of garbage, you can find some items.

some times, i cant go to a town because im very bad shape, so i have a civilian that can do the errands, so, it will be good if they are unarmed, soldiers dont shoot at them.

can incude some byclets.?

New UpDate

ZKs -=LOST=- SP Survival Mission (With Optional Base Building) 

Download

ZKs -=LOST=- SP Altis Steam Link

ZKs -=LOST=- SP Tanoa Steam Link

Updated 18-03-2017 

All the features of the MP version (except the defib save feature)

Now it uses the game save and no longer requires iniDBi2 for the SP version.

Required Addons(Mods) (you need this to collect items and use to stay alive)
@ZKs_Items

(Optional if wanting Base Building)
@ZKs_iBuild

• Like 1

ZK I really like the SP version. I'm having issues i've tried playing through a few times thinking I'm not doing something right but it keeps happening. First I can't build. I have the addons and with a building plot lease in my inventory I can pull up the menu for building but it says 0 for all plot types. If i remember right from mp its supposed to build a workbench. Also after a few saves the tab button doesn't work anymore to bring up the build menu. Last but not least melee and cutting trees does not work at all. It says lmb which should be left windows menu button if I am correct. I've tried them all and get no response.

@Brett Roth

LMB = left mouse button  on some trees you may have to move around a bit you will hear the axe hit the tree - takes 5 chops to bring down a tree, you get wood directly into your inventory on each chop until the tree falls or 5 chops. (not all trees on Tanoa can be cut down)

You need a plot license and about 8 wood planks and 4 nails to build a plot (which has your workbench on it) - 

after that you need to add the wood planks and nails to the workbench (there is an action on the workbench that will do that for you so you don't need to do it 1 at a time) 

CTRL and Tab will bring up a more detailed help menu

I will look into the save issue  -- Dialogs and saves are a pain in the %$#& (But can be fixed)

Thanks for the response that helps alot. I've noticed it  is after saving and restarting arma to resume mission the build menu doesn't work anymore. Also where are the all the plot licenses at? lol. I've been all over the island of tanoa for 2 days havn't found a thing :(. 

- I have actually only ever had a plot license if I start with one which is about 20 percent of the time.  I don't know if its just my luck or what but in MP I was able to find several.

@Brett Roth   after saving and restarting arma to resume mission the build menu doesn't work anymore

I found that out to last night too, I'm still working on finding out which part is being affected (diagnostics  blah)

Hint

Plot licenses -- Airports and commercial buildings & luck.

Scopes and weapon items    Military structures & luck 

ZK maybe you could talk to BadBenson. The enhanced movement used to have very similar problems. Wouldn't work after restarting arma but now it seems to be fixed. Just a thought it could help you narrow down where the problem is.