kosach71

Problems with sound

Then i join to, server all sounds dosen't work. Only voice chat work. How to fix it.

Sounds of gunfire are good, they will have to modify the sounds of vehicles such as AA and helicopters when firing the rocket that is strange environment

I have the same problem with no sound. tried verifying cache thru steam,reinstalled direct x in arma3. removed and reinstalled arma. updated drivers. sound is turned up and proper playback device. All other games and app sounds work. if I bypass launcher sound works but I cannot load modds. removed launcher files and re verified cache. still no sound. need help please

I'm using Windows and after the update I noticed that my files after the update, a good chunk of them have the windows media play button on them so I don't know if that's the problem or is it Arma 3 itself?

I have the same problem. I have tried EVERYTHING. I have been trying for days now, im done. I have had game breaking problems with arma 3 before everytime a update comes out. PLEASE SOMEONE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same issue, I found a small fix, basically you can't use the default Arma 3 Launcher.

Use A3Launcher and your sound works.

Hello,

are you able to hear sounds when running the game when starting it directly with arma3.exe? Are you able to hear sounds if you start it from launcher with Battleye disabled?

In either way, please export your launcher and game logs. Here's how to export the launcher logs that:

1. Start ARMA 3 Launcher

2. Click Options menu

3. Drop down menu will appear

4. Select: Prepare Arma Troubleshooting error and save those files

5. A notification will pop up with the name of the generated file

Please note that it might take some time for files to collect.

Game logs should be located:

<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have the files, upload it to some free file sharing service and PM me the link.

Thank you

Hello,

we've found out that the issue occurs when CPU count parameter is set to 1. Please check you Launcher parameters (Parameters page -> Advanced tab -> Advanced section) or command line/Steam startup parameters for -cpuCount=1.

problem occurs regardless of cpu count in my experience.

rpt file shows the following:

17:13:28 InitSound ...
17:13:28 Error: Create XAudio2 device failed, error 80040154
17:13:28 Warning: Audio device creation failed, attempt to create default audio:
17:13:28 SamplesPerSec: 44100, channels: 2, bitsPerSample: 16
17:13:28 InitSound - complete

Hello,

are you able to hear sounds when running the game when starting it directly with arma3.exe? Are you able to hear sounds if you start it from launcher with Battleye disabled?

In either way, please export your launcher and game logs. Here's how to export the launcher logs that:
1. Start ARMA 3 Launcher
2. Click Options menu
3. Drop down menu will appear
4. Select: Prepare Arma Troubleshooting error and save those files
5. A notification will pop up with the name of the generated file
Please note that it might take some time for files to collect.

Game logs should be located:
<drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Arma 3

Once you have the files, upload it to some free file sharing service and PM me the link.

Thank you

This is for anyone using or installed the DragonFyre sound mod.

I had some sounds missing (explosions, choppers, planes) and couldn't figure it out till I looked at the file quoted above.  Apparently, even after I had unloaded the mod from my mod list, it still was using the sounds.  The sounds had some missing and therefore they wouldn't play.  I completely deleted the mod with files and everything sounds back to normal.

problem occurs regardless of cpu count in my experience.

rpt file shows the following:

17:13:28 InitSound ...
17:13:28 Warning: Audio device creation failed, attempt to create default audio:
17:13:28 SamplesPerSec: 44100, channels: 2, bitsPerSample: 16
17:13:28 InitSound - complete

reinstalled the june 2010 directx redistributable package, problem solved. last time i played arma 3 was in december and it worked fine, not sure what happened in the interim to break things...

that pack is in the arma 3 folder:

.\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\_CommonRedist\DirectX\Jun2010\DXSETUP.exe

Hello,

the issue when No Sounds can be heard should be now fixed in the Steam Dev version. You should be able to hear sounds even if running the game with the -cpuCount=1 parameter.

Please try to switch to the Steam Dev version and see if the issue was fixed, if it is not, I would like to ask you to send me fresh game and launcher logs. Steps on how to do that are in my previous post.

Again, upload to some free file sharing service and PM me the link.

Here's how to switch to Steam Dev:

1) Right-click Arma 3 in your Steam

2) Go to Properties

3) Select "Betas" tab

4) Instead of "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" select "development - Development Build" in the roll-down menu

5) Steam will download additional files, after it is finished you should see Arma 3 [development] in your Steam Library

If the issue seems to be fixed, feel free to let us know also :)

Thank you

It doesn´t works for me :(

Which one of provided solutions does not work?

If switching to Steam Dev did not help, please check out the post where I explained how to get the game logs and once you have them prepared, please PM the link to your log files.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188214-problems-with-sound/?p=2984669

Thank you

I only have 1 CPU so how do i fix this?

It doesn't mean how many processors (CPUs) you've. It means how many cores your CPU has. If you've 1 core CPU then you got a computer from '90s.

Is that the reason that people are running CPU count 1? I wondered why on earth anyone would even run -cpuCount=1 until I saw this post.

It doesn't mean how many processors (CPUs) you've. It means how many cores your CPU has. If you've 1 core CPU then you got a computer from '90s.

Is that the reason that people are running CPU count 1? I wondered why on earth anyone would even run -cpuCount=1 until I saw this post.

Ok thanks I wasn't sure and since i'm new to arma 3 I'd rather ask 

Changing to "development - Development Build", don´t fix the sound problem, like the "CPU count parameter is set to 1"...

Both ways doesn´t fixed the sound problem in my Arma 3.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:16 PM, CHICKENLICKEN said:

Hmm this is bothering me. Doesn't work even with JSRS soundmod, explosion sounds still missing.

This thread has nothing to do with the JSRS Sound Mod, please use the correct thread. Also no need to dig up an 3 year old thread.