Woody05

Questions - respawn, revive, Arsenal

Hello all,

I'm new to the editor. I've watched a lot of tutorials on the old editor, but held off since Eden was releasing. I've been tinkering around in it and it's great! Questions though.

Respawn.

I see there are respawn markers already built in. Do we just drop those and it's done? Or do we still need to rename to respawn_west. And then create a description file too still? I'm guessing this would turn it on for single player correct. We have to uncheck the "show end screen in SP" from the MP options too yes?

Revive

We have to add that in the description text too per the wiki right. Will this make ai revivable in single player? Or is there a button in Eden now?

Arsenal

So I put down a normal nato ammo box. Now I can go in and the option to select it as a virtual Arsenal is there. However, it only virtualizes the normal contents. So I wouldn't be able to get aaf/cup/rhs stuff. Now I can go through and add each item to the box if I choose which is great flexibility. I guess my question is is there a way/key to select all of them instead of clicking each one individually? (I know I can still paste the command in the init of the box) if not that would be a great suggestion to add.

Also I know Eden is still new but if there are any guides besides jesters latest video on it I'd appreciate it.

See you on the battlefield!

• Like 1

Revive

We have to add that in the description text too per the wiki right. Will this make ai revivable in single player? Or is there a button in Eden now?

Don't think the revive works with AI, but don't quote me on that.

Arsenal

So I put down a normal nato ammo box. Now I can go in and the option to select it as a virtual Arsenal is there. However, it only virtualizes the normal contents. So I wouldn't be able to get aaf/cup/rhs stuff. Now I can go through and add each item to the box if I choose which is great flexibility. I guess my question is is there a way/key to select all of them instead of clicking each one individually? (I know I can still paste the command in the init of the box) if not that would be a great suggestion to add.

There is no such function yet, however, I created a small addon which enables Arsenal for units by clicking a checkbox. See Armaholic ;)

I see there are respawn markers already built in. Do we just drop those and it's done? Or do we still need to rename to respawn_west. And then create a description file too still?

Sadly,yes we still have to rename them, I suggested a while ago on FT to change their variable names to respawn_XX so it's just drag&drop but guess we'll have to wait.

Also I know Eden is still new but if there are any guides besides jesters latest video on it I'd appreciate it.

Click on Help on the 3den taskbar, it will link you to some build in tutorials and the wiki documentation.