Variable.A

Type 70 p3d objects now misplaced...

All object that are post Type 70 get misplaced on the map. This also goes for all standard A3 files used on the map.

Just tried to load the objects saved prior to EDEN and they load ok. All that did not get converted also. Problem is only for new type 70. How to solve it ???

Ok confirmed its is ONLY the new type 70 binerized objects that are misplaced...

I had a previous save of some of my object and they open ok in the spot where they should be. I binerize them import to P drive and open all is messed up. Same now goes for all A3 files that are from new reinstalled Tools.

i got same problem everything a3 is either moved or up in the air or in the ground WTF is going on i spent like 4-5 months building a map only for a update to ruin the work Bis you need to consider peoples work before you just bring out updates or at least give us the option to download it instead of just automatically doing it, cause i doubt you will ever get round to fixing this problem which means everything has to be manually moved back into place which will take weeks, whats changed since the last update?

• Like 2

Seems to be related to new p3d model version which has been updated from v69 to v70. If you place down A3 assets in TB on a fresh map you can clearly see that the offsets are messed up, and if you load an old map in TB with A3 assets on it you will see that their offsets have been reset to what they are now in version 70... messed up.

My two cents.

well they need to switch them back to v69 cause its breaking anyone who has placed a3 assets on there map 

I just hope Tom_48_97 will see this thread and tell us if it's a known issue or not since A3 feedback tracker is under maintenance.

Its not just the A3 objects it is also everything that you now create in terms of new p3d models or if you rebinarize your previous models with current Addon Builder. I binarized new objects and they have same problems.  It is all v70 it seems.

well i aint gonna be using anymore models i just want them to use the same offsets as v69 not hard is it to just re put them back, its a joke how they can change them when people have spent months making maps then bis say hey lets change shit and fuck everyones map up 

[...] then bis say hey lets change shit and fuck everyones map up 

I'm fairly confident that they didn't say that.

its a figure of speech it seems like they obviously making arma better but dont take into consideration how it effects arma tools we trying to make arma better with new maps but always getting set back by arma 3 updates which the tools were working fine as they were. so all im saying is just have a little consideration for people making maps 

its a figure of speech it seems like they obviously making arma better but dont take into consideration how it effects arma tools we trying to make arma better with new maps but always getting set back by arma 3 updates which the tools were working fine as they were. so all im saying is just have a little consideration for people making maps 

I'm fully aware its a figure of speech. I appreciate this issue is frustrating, but over-reacting about it wont help (but some punctuation might). Post a ticket on the feedback tracker (once its back from its hacker-induced hiatus) and hopefully the issue can be resolved (though quite how a jarring issue like this gets past BI's QA is anyone's guess).

It indeed appears the issue is caused by the new binarization process and this will be fixed as soon as possible. Meantime, to prevent any additional issue, I'd recommend not to work on your Terrains or to make a backup of your project simply because the fix might impact any changes you've done since the update.

I just hope Tom_48_97 will see this thread and tell us if it's a known issue or not since A3 feedback tracker is under maintenance.

Like you've done, never hesitate to stop by my PM box in such case.

• Like 2

I've just released an update on the development branch. From my side, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with this version however, can someone double check and say here if it's fixed?

Thanks for your patience!

• Like 1

I've just released an update on the development branch. From my side, I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with this version however, can someone double check and say here if it's fixed?

Thanks for your patience!

Tom you're the boss, it's working now (at least on my end), everything's back to normal, thanks for your support!

• Like 1

how did you fix it , didnt work for me

:huh: :blink:

I just loaded my backup map, it's always good to have a backup in general which proves to be true when something like this happens.

I just loaded my backup map, it's always good to have a backup in general which proves to be true when something like this happens.

ok i  unpack my backup but stil got this prob , i will try deinstall armatools and have a look again

ok i  unpack my backup but stil got this prob , i will try deinstall armatools and have a look again

You need to switch to dev branch on the arma tools and just to be on safe side re- run a3p

You need to switch to dev branch on the arma tools

Yeah obviously as stated in the answer from Tom:

I've just released an update on the development branch

Thank you Tom. Terrain builder works perfect.

Anyone please let me know would this appy to Object Builder too  ?  

Checked now binerized models also work fine.