mason1996

Scripting/Coding for 2D editor doesnt work in the 3D editor

So basically ive made this mission in the Eden Editor, been doing it for the last 3 hours finally finished went to check if it works by loading it onto LAN and it loads to the lobby, I select my character and it takes me to the Brief screen or the Map screen I click continue and then im stuck on the loading screen except I can ; shoot, move, reload, switch firing mode, do everything and anything, except the loading screen is just stuck there and I have no clue why. Anyone have a solution for this?

Cheers

Mason

edit: it also comes up with this error code

No entry \bin/config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter_Base_H/Turrets/NewTurret.maxHorizontalRotSpeed'

Im using these set of mods

USP Patches & Insignias

CBA

ACE

ASDG_JR

Blastcore A3 & Tracers

MELB

EricJ UH60 Pack A3

Hidden Identity v2

JSRS 3

Kunduz, Afghanistan

Konyo's MH47 

Robert Hammers Accessories

RHS: USAF & AFRF

Show RHS SF AR15

Shack Tac HUD A3

Task Force Radio 0.9.8

GPNVG-18

RHARD Mk18 Mod 1

ACE GEN4 GPNVG 18

JTF16 Radio Tape

edit #2:

I just tested it without mods and it exported fine I think its either RHS, EricJ Pack or the MH47E 

edit #3

I found out the Konyo's MH47E Chinook is the mod that is creating the error
No entry \bin/config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helicopter_Base_H/Turrets/NewTurret.maxHorizontalRotSpeed'

but it is still not loading in my character properly

edit #4

I have found that coding/scripting from the 2D editor does not work in the 3D editor and will muck it up when loading in, I took out all of the scripts only the mission.sqm & mission.sqm.oldbackup was left and it worked fine

I have Eden display lots and lots of scripting errors regarding "missing ;" or "expected object,recieved string" that i do not understand. Mission/Scripts work fine in the 2D editor,what is up with that?

Not Mod related in my case btw,just scripts that do not rely on any outside content

I have Eden display lots and lots of scripting errors regarding "missing ;" or "expected object,recieved string" that i do not understand. Mission/Scripts work fine in the 2D editor,what is up with that?

Not Mod related in my case btw,just scripts that do not rely on any outside content

Yeah its the same with me, I only had one error with the mod, but other than that all other mods work fine but once I added scripts that where used in the 2D editor it chucked a hissy fit and wouldn't load my player into the mission and would only display the loading screen even though I could fire my weapon reload move around etc. Im about to rewrite all the scripts to see if it will pick it up as new and see if that works ill keep this thread posted because this is a major issue for mission creators especially since they are disbanding the 2D editor in the Apex Update

whenever EDEN throws a fit,i added what was asked (like "missing ;",i added a ; to the script) but that solves nothing. Just spits out more errors,doesn`t run scripts etc,i just hope that gets fixed or we get told what the problem is because right now i can`t use a lot of scripts that work perfectly fine in the 2d editor

whenever EDEN throws a fit,i added what was asked (like "missing ;",i added a ; to the script) but that solves nothing. Just spits out more errors,doesn`t run scripts etc,i just hope that gets fixed or we get told what the problem is because right now i can`t use a lot of scripts that work perfectly fine in the 2d editor

its the same here, I spent 4+ hours editing a mission in the Eden editor and then another 3+ hours trying to fix it

There are some cases where Arma just "guesses" that it's a missing semi-colon. The error could be related to almost anything, a missing quotation mark parenthesis, curly braces or bracket. Read your code with a code editor, like Atom or Notepad++. Make sure all opening brackets and quotation marks are paired (Opening and ending letters)

I did,noticed some small wonky lines that way but in the end,even if it is done via "best practice", more errors get reported but this time without a specific line of code

This hasn't been fixed yet... I'm working on importing a training map last updated just before Eden came out and I've got several scripts (I'll post them below) that simply don't work anymore

Can anyone give some insight into how to get these scripts functioning again?

(EDIT: figured out how to perform this natively in Eden... still doesn't make sense for it not to work) This should add VA to the object but it doesn't

this addaction ["Open Virtual Arsenal",{ ["Open",true] call BIS_fnc_arsenal; }];

This should throw up a simple interface called VVS (Virtual Vehicle Spawner) (yes all other files are included)

this addAction["Spawn Armored",VVS_fnc_openVVS,["VVS3ARMOR","Armored"]]; this setunitpos "up"; this enablesimulation false;

This should allow scroll menu teleportation from object to marker (everything is set up properly)

this addAction ["Teleport - Airfield","teleport.sqf",["AP1"]];

All of these scripts functioned 100% prior to being put through Eden.

You are complaining about stuff which is clearly caused by some hick-ups on your side.

Additionally why would you use and addAction to create an Arsenal, when the BIS_fnc_arsenal adds on automatically?

Don't blame 3DEN for everything.

HOLA POR FAVOR!!!! ALGUIEN QUE ME DEJE UN LINK PARA DESCARGAR EDEN... EDITOR 3D... SOMEBODY HELP ME!!! WHERE I CAN FIND EDEN???

You are complaining about stuff which is clearly caused by some hick-ups on your side.

Additionally why would you use and addAction to create an Arsenal, when the BIS_fnc_arsenal adds on automatically?

Don't blame 3DEN for everything.

Wow, someone can't read! Blame whatever forum topics I learned how to do all this in! :) because they worked for a very long time and now they don't!

If anyone wants to be helpful, I still can't seem to figure out how to get the teleport or VVS script to work again!

testMission.vr.zip

I hope that helps.

Edit: This test mission was build on dev, let me know whether you can open it or not.

Unfortunately it can't be opened. I did compare my scripts with those in that file and they are nearly identical. The teleport.sqm was completely different but everything else remained the same.

EDIT: But it did get me thinking that because everything was the same, another issue might be to blame. Again, everything worked previously so I assume (and I just verified) it is not an issue with mods or with my implementation of anything.

I went through, created a brand new mission fresh in eden and threw all the scripts in.

Low and behold, they function. Yet they don't function on the mission I am trying to fix. The culprit is none other than the BI 2D to 3D Editor conversion process. That is the only logical answer.

Hey Guys, I noticed that the 2D scripts will not work in the 3D editor. Everything is now done in the editor itself. I am having difficulty getting my Scenario Picture to work. In the 3D editor, I go to Attributes -> General -> and go to overview and it asks me for the path for the picture I plan on using. I tried using the Windows path, but to no avail. Anyone know what "path" it is asking for? 

Thanks

Hey Guys, I noticed that the 2D scripts will not work in the 3D editor. Everything is now done in the editor itself. I am having difficulty getting my Scenario Picture to work. In the 3D editor, I go to Attributes -> General -> and go to overview and it asks me for the path for the picture I plan on using. I tried using the Windows path, but to no avail. Anyone know what "path" it is asking for? 

Thanks

I thought this as well... it appears that some will work after the conversion and some won't and they need to be re-entered manually. I just rebuild my one mission I wanted to change from the ground up so I'm not really sure it will work on converted missions :(

As far as the path goes if just saying something like "images\picture.jpeg" (or whatever) isn't working it might be an issue with conversion again... I tried messing with that inhouse attribute editor and nothing seemed to work.