Sign in to follow this  
DeltaSierraDS

"Error loading mission." after converting to Eden Editor

After converting my mission file to use the Eden Editors SQM format (By opening the mission in 2D, creating a playable character, then moving to 3D editor) and putting it back inside my mission file, after selecting a slot, regardless of side, it proceeds to the loading screen then loops back to "Error loading mission." with no RPT errors either client, or server side.

New to the Eden Editor, only used it since it came out in Stable today. Am I forgetting to do something?

Why did you separate the SQM file to convert it?I had some trouble today with a MP mission, which I finally solved by loading it into the 2D editor, changed a unit to "player" and saved it. Then loaded it into 3D editor, and it converted mostly fine. Still had to do a *lot* of fixing to do, mostly on synchornize changes and waypoints.

But your problem is when loading the mission, right? My guess is that you are missing a script or something you referenced outside the mission.sqm file. Best advice is to do backups and try to isolate the problem by deleting stuff.

Good luck!

That's exactly what I did, loaded it into the 2D editor and made sure a unit was set to player, then loaded it into 3D editor and saved it in there which automatically changed the format of the SQM.

Just not quite sure why it's erroring when trying to join the mission. There's no errors in the RPT either =\