Sign in to follow this  
=242= CPT. Helios

Broken Scenario Attributes

Whenever I go to save a mission, I set the scenario name in attributes, general. However, when I go to load the mission, the editor, and game both default to the file name. Am I doing something wrong here? This is also on a new installation of the game. 

I set the attributes to say my name, and the proper mission name. It says Unnamed Mission and Unnammed Community author every time I go to load it. Also, certain scripts sometimes randomly do not work. What's the problem here?

I also have other problems, when I go to preview the mission, even though the attribute is set to host or admin, I cannot use debug console in game. This is a very important feature! Is there something going on wrong here?

The author attribute is not working, which I can't believe made it into the final release. For the mission names however, they work fine for me.

even though the attribute is set to host or admin, I cannot use debug console in game.

Yeh, seems to also not work. Tried it yersterday with set to "available for everyone" and it didn't work.

I also had this issue with a zeus module that was set to #adminlogged. I was not able to, on a dedicated server or in Local Host, get zeus to work properly using #adminlogged.

Author and debug console settings were accidentally not saved correctly, will be fixed in the dev build soon. Meanwhile, using author and enableDebugConsole properties in description.ext will still work.

I'm afraid I'm unable to reproduce the scenario name problem. Are there any specific steps I should take?

Could you please specify which scripts sometimes don't work, and how do they malfunction?

Author and debug console settings were accidentally not saved correctly, will be fixed in the dev build soon. Meanwhile, using author and enableDebugConsole properties in description.ext will still work.

I'm afraid I'm unable to reproduce the scenario name problem. Are there any specific steps I should take?

Could you please specify which scripts sometimes don't work, and how do they malfunction?

I'm afraid that I was mistaken. I did some more testing with this, and it seems that eden has a tendency to load the attributes of the previous mission saved, and not the mission that's currently being worked on. Loading a mission on Stratis named Mission A, then switching the editor to previewing mission B, will load the attributes of Mission A on some occasions. This lead my to believe that there was something wrong with the attributes. However, I've seen that this issue is resolved outside of Eden, once the PBO is loaded.  I've only seen this error persist once, with one mission back in the old 2d editor, so I don't think it's really worth pursing right now.

Sorry about that.

As for the debug console. The scenario attribute for enabling the debug console outside through the scenario attributes seems to not work sometimes. When I load a mission using the Description.EXT, these functions appear to work all the time. I usually only see this issue when previewing a mission in the editor.

Thanks for the awesome work, BI

Loading a mission on Stratis named Mission A, then switching the editor to previewing mission B, will load the attributes of Mission A on some occasions.

Happens to me frequently. It's especially annoying if the new mission has not loading screen set, but the old one had. I am getting the error, "loading screen not found" then.

On 2/22/2016 at 8:47 AM, moricky said:

Author and debug console settings were accidentally not saved correctly, will be fixed in the dev build soon.

Just wanted to report that as of today, when using Export Mission to Singleplayer, following attributes are still not displayed properly in Scenarios menu: mission name, author name, overview picture, overview description, required DLC halo. Loading picture, loading description and misc. settings (show briefing/debriefing) work.

While it's easy to fix it just using description.ext, it would be nice to have this Eden feature work properly.

Scratch that - even after adding params to description.ext, none of that info is displayed in Scenarios menu. Also @OMAC is reporting same problem.

• Like 1

Oh man.  This thread is from 2016, and the issue still exists???????????????  How can that be?

In 1.96 stable, I also saw the issue mentioned above that attributes of previous mission loaded in editor will display when loading a saved mission.  Very frustrating.

I didn't see any filed issues in A3 Phabricator for this problem.....

😖🙄

What's worse, the official Mission Presentation thread (linking to, as it happens, useless info on BIKI), for last two pages is full of people who can't get their overviews to display properly.

I'm afraid BIS is very much aware of the problem.