jabeds

No New Font ( Please go back to the old one! )

Ugly font, too dense/heavy. Causes strain to read,  1680*1050 - tried on various ui size settings.

1680 x 1050 is a bizarre resolution... ??

stupid font ..... also as new sounds ... some time i think devs not be in arms .... stupid freeks.

Not the greatest first post... :/

• Like 2

I love that there is a mod to switch to the other font but... this is a community mod. Therefore any server with signature verification (most servers) will not allow users with this mod on. BI needs to add the switching font option to the game itself.

• Like 1

stupid font ..... also as new sounds ... some time i think devs not be in arms .... stupid freeks.

I don't think calling them names will help us. Would be great if you could behave like a grown up around this place - just saying.

/KC

• Like 3

Personally I do not like the new font. Sure at some point I probably get used to it, but right now to me it looks ugly.

Since the very first trailer of ARMA 3 - Alpha I loved the font. It fits perfectly the military setting. The new font looks "standard" to me it does not have that special look anymore. 

I would like either the option to choose between different fonts or rollback to the old font.

Greets,

extremgx

Ehhh its just text and for me it looks ok and is readable in the game and on the menus.

I see there are varying opinions on BI's new font choice.

I personally would suggest Bohemia make in-game fonts changable at the user's discretion.

From what I can see the quality it depends on user resolution and aspect ratio.

I  am using 1920x1200 (also some other costum res, for triple screens, but thats another story) and I dont have issues with it.

Maybe some more testing on different resolutions and aspect ratio before the final result?

The new font is fine, it's much clearer and easy to read. Just what you need from.. well words.

I guess this thread just goes to show some of the community will unfortunately rage over anything.

Well...

I can read everything much clearer now (1920x1080 normal size) but the new font sure looks less "professional/military" and more "basic el-cheapo-game-dev-in-90s"

I love the new font. Its my daily bread when doing UI design in android btw.

Yes, maybe its not military-in-your-face, but its professional and legible.

Eh, I found the old text a bit annoying and boring, I like this as it looks a bit more cleaner IMO.

In combat situations, you sometimes need to make fast decisions. With the new font, you cannot. You need to focus on it for a long time. I tried changing the interface size from small to whatever the next level is, and that makes it too big. There should be an option for what font you use.

Not disliking the font itself, but it's really annoying that my structured text in dialogs is now somewhat misaligned...