jabeds

No New Font ( Please go back to the old one! )

This new font is not only harder to read and not as good looking but it causes many problems for existing mods and servers. Due to the new font, I would have to redo a lot of scripts on my servers as the fonts change in size means words are all over the place. Also this font was put in as it is supposed to be more easy to read? This font is far harder to read as the letters are squished together, some things are very hard to read, and why move from a font that looks so much more visually attractive. Please, please, please change the font back, usually I wouldn't complain about something so small as text font but this has really screwed over the community, all of the people I have spoke to are annoyed with this right now.

• Like 10

Its been like 15 minutes and I already want to stop playing, this is unreadable, I have to stare into the screen to try and work out what half the stuff says! Looks like they took Chinese font and tried typing in English with it. At least have an option to change between fonts so the 90% of the community can switch back to purista.

• Like 2

Totally agreed. The new font is way too dense and needlessly bold. Even Arma 2 with its clumsy interface have had significantly more readable font.

Yeah, that's the first thing I noticed, not a fan.

absolutely-disgusting-face.png

• Like 1

I was curious to see the font after all the discussion on dev branch. I must say I like it. It's clear and easy to read. Makes me wonder why it doesn't work on some setups, this can't only be about taste because it seems quite a few really struggle reading this new font.

I think it depends on the UI Size settings, which don't appear to scale too well.

I use the small UI and the tight kerning makes it a real struggle to read. The previous font was by comparison, well spaced and much easier to read making the recent change so much more jarring.

Meh, this scenario kind of reminds me of new YouTube layouts. Everyone hates it at first but then overtime everyone gets used to it. I don't see a need for it to be changed back. It's just a font.

• Like 5

Well they couldn't make a option for that font? wouldn't be that easier and everybody could set it which they prefer?

Ineed, you could make a dropdown into the settings menu, like FONT: ---------------- 

People could then decide what they prefer most. You can modify the UI itself but not it's font-style ... I would donate some money for a coffe, for the BI dev who does that ...

Regards Arkensor

Meh, this scenario kind of reminds me of new YouTube layouts. Everyone hates it at first but then overtime everyone gets used to it. I don't see a need for it to be changed back. It's just a font.

When something is hard to read it isn't just a small thing. I've tried to get used to this new font for weeks in dev branch and it still looks bad.

The font is just too thin and in some places too tightly spaced. The UI size scale is horrible with this one.

• Like 1

I sadly agree. Commanding menus in particular looked way more clear and stylized in purista. I fail to see how this change can be considered an improvement.

Quick suggestion for BI : make a font option in the graphic settings and let the player choose. End of debate. :)

• Like 1

It seems that BI made a full circle: bold narrow font with useless or oversized GUI elements (A2) > semi-bold easy-to read font without any GUI elements whatsoever (OA) > useless/oversized GUI elements make comeback (A3) > bold narrow font all over the place again (Eden).

Sigh. BI has thousands of unaddressed issues on a Feedback Tracker and they fixed a thing that was never broken in the first place. <_<

• Like 1

Font needs to be bigger. I could read the old font just fine.

Twice the size to be readable.

I agree that it is minor issue but when you feel things goes in the wrong direction (like Windows 10 LOL) I think voicing your opinion is a good thing. In the end it's up to the devs.

I haven't followed the font discussion on dev branch but if BIS changed the font purely out of estetic or readability reasons it was a wrong move IMO, at least with my setup. I'm curious if there was another  reason for the change?

Thanks for the link to the mod, anyone know if it's available outside Workshop?

/KC

I love the new font! Much easier to see the waypoint marker too.

Ok that is true ...

Don't like it, like others said: too bold and dense. The font is not well readable in for instance the Helmet HUD of helicopters, compared to the old one. Besides readability, the older font looked more futuristic (clean, wide and thin), which in my opinion better fits the A3 theme.

And is the main menu still the old font? The 2 fonts don't match well, what is the idea behind this all? It all feels sloppy for a professional game.

I like the fact that the font is not so futuristic as I don't play 2035. It kind of feel familiar to earlier arma games, so I like it.

Then again, on my 1900x1600 screen with small UI it's very easy to read.

• Like 1

I Love the new font! Now I dont mistake the 5 for a 6 and the other way around!

Enviado do meu X5 através de Tapatalk

The new font is horrible. I reading it really bad at 1920x1080 and at Wasteland server i cant lock or unlock my vehicle becouse this font delete this choice. i think better will be make a switch button for this bad font. Because some people like it some people will stop playing this game becouse this font is really horrible like for me. Probably for me the worst font in all games. Rly this bohemia ..... Making from good things shits. really i dont know why they use uncompromising Font change like: You dont like it but you will have it because update is for all without change to set font.

TheBigTom

[...] and at Wasteland server i cant lock or unlock my vehicle becouse this font delete this choice. i think better will be make a switch button for this bad font. [...]

Are you sure its not back-end code changes that have caused this? A change in font would alter the appearance of the menu, not remove it entirely...

Ugly font, too dense/heavy. Causes strain to read,  1680*1050 - tried on various ui size settings.