Sign in to follow this  
andersson

Eden controls?

I need to know what the eden controls are, and how to change them. I use my own setup and nothing is like default. My movement is based on the numpad.

I tried to use WASD but nothing happened, probably as I have changed my movement keys to numpad. But when I tried numpad the camera was looking up or down too. In "Development" (bulldozer settings) I rebinded some keys and I manage to solve that problem. So it seems like some movement are connected to bulldozer... But there is no way to change a units Z-position (up or down) so I thought maybe it's like in Zeus. But it's seems like no, I'm not sure... I have num+ as key in Zeus to change a unit up or down. BUT if I try that in Eden the camera zooms in. And I can't find any setting anywhere where num+ is bound to zoom in.... Nor can I figure out how to change a objects Z-position...

BI, I can't use Eden as it is right now. To use default keys are a no for me, I been playing on numpad since 2001. I have no problem to use WASD or whatever for Eden, but it's not working as I changed my movement keys and I have no clue what keys Eden use or how to rebind them.

A start would be if anyone can tell me what keys move a unit up or down? I tried right mouse button, I tried the Zeus key, and I tried randomly. Can't find it.

Alt+left click to move unit up/down. Alternatively switch on the translation widget (top bar, eight along, shape of a cross) and use the blue arrow to move up or down.

• Like 1

I'm also having this problem. I have movement re-mapped to the arrow keys and I can not move around in Eden. I can move the camera around, but I can not move forward or backwards.

What I find strange is that bulldozer keys are somehow connected to Eden.

But is there some kind of documentation on keys? How to find alt+leftclick as an example?

I couldn't move the camera up or down until I realized that I remapped bulldozers up/down to page up/down. That doesn't work so I had to remap it to Z and Q.

edit:

I find this ridiculous. Why can we rebind some keys but not all? I use the WASD area to different functions, programmed them to my CH flightstick and functions I don't use much or in a hurry. I can try to free up the vanilla keys for Eden, but to do that only because I can't remap up/down functions (Q,Z, alt-mouse).... 

Wtf BI.

I would prefer controls like in virtual arsenal, its so easy to move the camera around, get close, move forward/back, rotate ect,.