Hello, thx for you're jobs !

I have some problems with cache system and drone: When the drones are away from the player it become uncontrollable.

And I would also like to know how to modify the number of ennemy and vehicles present according to the number of players.

Thx and sorry for my bad english ...

Hi SENSEII,

Dont know if this has been asked before but is there a way to blacklist/restrict items from the Armory?

So, I am attempting to get this to run on my server with a serverconfig.hpp showing the pool of available units, pulled from EDEN with the DCG Export function.

I am also running ALiVE in the background to generate an ambient warzone between multiple factions.

When starting the mission with DCG enabled on the -server mod line, we cannot join the mission and get a " 'value/ is not a value' " error sending us back to role selection.

Is there anything else we need besides the serverconfig.hpp and DCG running on the server?

I set the Mission parameters in EDEN for DCG under the settings tab.

EDIT:  Got DCG workign with ALiVE .  Had a stupid error on my part.  somehow my upload of the newest DCG to server didn't take, and I had a version from February on it.
Once I fixed that problem it worked right away.  No problems running alongside ALiVE, and it helped keep up the constant warfare on the map we were looking for.

When using a mapname parameter for setting up DCG pools, is the Map Name Case-Sensitive?  As in do I need to spell out FALLUJAH or will Falluja or fallujah work?

Sensei:  VIP rescue error.  Playing on Malden last night.   Delivered VIP to area nd he did nothing.   I noticed that the Mission marker was in the air about 100 meters.  I had to puthte VIP in a Littlebird and get him up to height and then the mission completed.

You may want to make sure that the mission is placing markers/trigger areas at ground level.

Is  there any way of disabling the "Suicide Bombers"?  I'm guessing they are part of the civilian module so are in or out depending if that is included.  S

Edit 4 Dec 17 @1820 Zulu:

For information:

I'm convinced having hand a hunt around in the code that short of hacking the system there is no way of stopping suicide bombers.  It may be possible to remove them by removing the dcg_civilian.pbo file but I don't want to loose all the civilian functionality.

For those interested in taking a closer look the file is addons\approval\functions\fnc_spawnHostile.sqf.

Edited by strider42
to answer my own question - for information

5 hours ago, strider42 said:

Is  there any way of disabling the "Suicide Bombers"?  I'm guessing they are part of the civilian module so are in or out depending if that is included.  S

Yes you can.  You just need to change the setting for them, or if you are using the Parameters turn them off there.

class dcg_settings {
	class dcg_main_blacklistLocations {
	typeName = "ARRAY";
	value[] = {
	};
};

Just wondering what would be placed in the array here, marker names or coordinates? 

Thanks!

I don't know that its "dead" but Senseii isn't talking (typing) much,either. Last visited on Saturday, last post was in May.

Does anybody have a solution for the "Too close to extraction" problem with Heli Transport? I've tried on multiple maps with as much distance between insertion and extraction points as possible, but I always get this response. 

Seems likes Sensei's github was active around five days ago on a possible rebuild; is this mod completely dead or is it coming back in the future? 

On 12/7/2018 at 7:17 PM, keIIy said:

Seems likes Sensei's github was active around five days ago on a possible rebuild; is this mod completely dead or is it coming back in the future? 

back from the dead

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, SENSEII said:

back from the dead

Wow that timing. I started developing my own mission inspired by DCG and now you decide to come back xD

Welcome back. I've been looking at this but have been worried about all the reports that it is not compatible with the most recent versions of Arma 3. Will you be updating it soon?

On 12/14/2018 at 4:53 PM, Mr. Rad said:

Wow that timing. I started developing my own mission inspired by DCG and now you decide to come back xD

What can I say? Timing's everything xD

On 12/15/2018 at 4:36 PM, Tuskegee_99th said:

Welcome back. I've been looking at this but have been worried about all the reports that it is not compatible with the most recent versions of Arma 3. Will you be updating it soon?

Thanks for showing interest. You can check out the progress on the git repo, DCG 4 Project.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 4:44 AM, jonipetteri said:

Hey SENSEII,

Are you still working on this?

Yes, I'm still actively working on DCG. 
You can check the progress, here, on the Github repo. I try to keep the task list up to date, so people can get an idea of what's going on. I know this thread has been quiet for a while, but that's because I'm dedicating my time to updating this project.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@SENSEII

Would you consider looking into a pause functionality similar to what the ALiVE framework has for when players exit a persistent mission? For communities that have a desire to run longer term persistent missions that is a life saver; well not literally but it helps to keep the AI from retaking all the same areas over and over and steam rolling over areas while your teams(s) are sleeping.

On 3/26/2019 at 9:16 AM, Nichols said:

@SENSEII

Would you consider looking into a pause functionality similar to what the ALiVE framework has for when players exit a persistent mission? For communities that have a desire to run longer term persistent missions that is a life saver; well not literally but it helps to keep the AI from retaking all the same areas over and over and steam rolling over areas while your teams(s) are sleeping.

By design, most of DCG's addons don't run unless a player is present. So, this feature is sort of a thing already. However, I'll consider implementing a more robust system. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2019 at 5:26 PM, SENSEII said:

By design, most of DCG's addons don't run unless a player is present. So, this feature is sort of a thing already. However, I'll consider implementing a more robust system. 

I know you've been off this for some time.  Does it still work?

I have never played DCG, but there are 2 mine detectors in ACE.

Classnames:

ACE_VMH3

ACE_VMM3

Either one will take up a pistol slot.

If I remember right, you need to activate the mine detector via ACE Self-Interact, and the detection range is ~ 5 - 7 metres. So... Move slow!