On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:01 PM, lawndartleo said:

Running ACE and TFR as current from Steam Workshop. Get messages, "Bad vehicle type TFAR_anprc152" and "Cannot add the following Radios to your inventory: TFAR_anprc152, TFAR_rf7800str"  when I try to obtain a radio from the quartermaster.  Running the sample Altis mission on a dedicated.  Loaded using your userconfig and the server PBO  Am I doing something incorrectly? Are the CBA settings of TFAR and DCG having an argument?

From the log...

Ref to nonnetwork object a33bae4c00# 1814365: o_soldier_01.p3d

Any advice on resolving this, Still have the issue.  Probably on my end but I have no idea what I have done wrong setup wise (just using the default mission, ace and cba).

6 minutes ago, lawndartleo said:

Any advice on resolving this, Still have the issue.  Probably on my end but I have no idea what I have done wrong setup wise (just using the default mission, ace and cba).

It's not just you, I've found that all of my guys are getting this same message whenever we request a radio.

I can't get this working on the Lythium map. Any advice?
Thinking it's a map thing?

[UPDATE] This is the error I'm getting.
gS12uQB.jpg

On 4/29/2017 at 4:02 PM, lawndartleo said:

I should have some time to check this out this week.

On 4/30/2017 at 11:52 AM, pleasant said:

I can't get this working on the Lythium map. Any advice?
Thinking it's a map thing?

[UPDATE] This is the error I'm getting.
gS12uQB.jpg

Issue #103

• Like 1

Just to add, you can still get a radio from the arsenal at the quartermaster, so it's not too much of a hindrance. :)

Is it possible to customize number of enemy towns/villages spawned? And also the number of units spawned in each zone? I know it was possible in previous version via serverconfig.cpp, but its no longer in that userconfig. 

11 hours ago, Brebera said:

Is it possible to customize number of enemy towns/villages spawned? And also the number of units spawned in each zone? I know it was possible in previous version via serverconfig.cpp, but its no longer in that userconfig. 

Currently, you can adjust the occupy addon's Enemy Count Multiplier using CBA settings to change the number of units spawned in each location. For performance reasons, the number of occupied locations is limited to one. 

We've run into an annoyance.... objectives that involve the recovery of a map or GPS can very often have the guy carrying it be in a different postal code. Go to the area as indicated by the mission mark, kill a bunch of AI, search them all...nothing.  Then peek around in Zeus and find some clown all alone 600 meters away hiding in a tree lined ditch.

Can anything be done to keep the "target" at least somewhat close to the objective?

On 5/2/2017 at 0:53 AM, SENSEII said:

I should have some time to check this out this week.

Issue #103

UPDATE 5/9/17
-----------
Latest Update to Lythium fixed this issue.

On 5/9/2017 at 4:25 AM, SENSEII said:

Currently, you can adjust the occupy addon's Enemy Count Multiplier using CBA settings to change the number of units spawned in each location. For performance reasons, the number of occupied locations is limited to one. 

In my opinion it should be up to every server admin, how many occupied locations are possible to spawn. I think our server could handle one big and two or three smaller locations, like it did in the old DCG. 

What pool are static emplacements drawn from? I don't see any in the server config file.

On 4/21/2017 at 10:10 AM, strider42 said:

I'm really enjoying this system.  I currently have 2 issues.  I'm struggling to change the unit pools based on the map.  I have edited the description.txt file so it has:

class dcg_settings {
class dcg_main_unitPoolEast {
   typeName = "POOL";
   value[] = {
      {"ALL","O_soldier_UAV_F","O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Sharpshooter_F",
         "O_Soldier_lite_F","O_Soldier_LAT_F","O_Soldier_F",
         "O_soldier_repair_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_soldier_M_F",
         "O_HeavyGunner_F","O_support_MG_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_exp_F",
         "O_engineer_F","O_medic_F","O_Soldier_AR_F","O_Soldier_AAT_F",
         "O_Soldier_AAA_F","O_support_AMG_F","O_Soldier_AAR_F","O_Soldier_A_F"},
      {
         "TAKISTAN",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AA",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AR",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Guerilla_Medic",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_MG",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Bomber",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Mechanic",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_GL",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_Enfield",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AAT",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AT",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Sniper"
      }
   };
};
};

But I still get the standard unit at the task locations.

Additionally DCG seems to generate enemy bases using the metal box on stilts system which does not fit well with the Takistand mission I want to play.

All help gratefully received.

Keep up the good work.  S

On 4/23/2017 at 10:06 PM, SENSEII said:

I'm glad you're enjoying DCG :grinning:

I did a quick test and the settings functionality is working. Make sure your description file has the proper extension .ext . You listed it as .txt above.

Also, you're still including the "ALL" pool, meaning those units still have a chance to spawn in all maps and missions. Remove that pool or make it map specific if you'd like to only have CUP units on Takistan. 

Concerning the bases, there currently aren't plans to make the bases map specific, but it may be something that makes it in down the line. 

I'm having issues editing the vehicle pool as well. Following your example on the wiki I tried adding some IND armor to the the dcg_main_vehPoolWest like this:

class dcg_settings {

class dcg_main_vehPoolWest {
		typeName = "POOL";
		value[] = {
			{"ALL","I_MBT_03_cannon_F"}
		};
	};

};

But to no avail. The vehicle depot still lists out all vehicles for NATO.

On 5/15/2017 at 9:59 PM, pleasant said:

What pool are static emplacements drawn from? I don't see any in the server config file.

Statics aren't editable at the moment. 

On 5/18/2017 at 5:34 PM, shplamana said:

I'm having issues editing the vehicle pool as well. Following your example on the wiki I tried adding some IND armor to the the dcg_main_vehPoolWest like this:

class dcg_settings {

class dcg_main_vehPoolWest {
		typeName = "POOL";
		value[] = {
			{"ALL","I_MBT_03_cannon_F"}
		};
	};

};

But to no avail. The vehicle depot still lists out all vehicles for NATO.

The vehicle depots are part of a separate script, the unit pools have no effect on them. Unit pools determine the classes used for the AI spawned by DCG.

Also, I'd stay away from mixing sides. Placing Independent class names in the West pool can lead to some weird behavior. 

• Like 1

Does anyone have this converted to use RHS? I was hoping to have an option to fight the Russians instead of CSAT all the time...or even CUP..the CSAT just seem like their Body armor is totally bulletproof.

Diesel

Diesel,

Check the (DCG) WIKI on how to edit unit pools.  There is a feature in 3DEN when the mod is loaded that makes it easy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lawndartleo said:

Diesel,

Check the (DCG) WIKI on how to edit unit pools.  There is a feature in 3DEN when the mod is loaded that makes it easy.

Thanks for the reply..much appreciated..I'll check that out..thanks!

Diesel

What's the trick to completing VIP missions?  We deliver them to the location specified and then release and they run off.

Is it possible to use this mod with IFA3 and Geist mod? If so, is there any tutorial for that?

I am testing this mission for my small group since it is the only dynamic mission I can find that supports Ace and TFAR.

I have issues with the broken down truck/deliveries mission. I go to the truck and replace the wheel so all 4 wheels are good. next I get in the truck but cannot start it up. All systems are white and it has fuel. What else do I need to do?

I did set all ACE3 Repair parameters to Anyone. I spawned in as an Engineer and drove the hemtt repair truck to the broken down truck, repaired engine, repaired tyres. not sure what else to do so it starts moving again.

I can confirm that when my group has played, there has been no problem fixing and driving to the end location.

If you can get into the drivers seat enough to see everything is repaired, I can't explain the inability to drive the truck. Is the option available in the action menu to start the engine.

I am pretty sure it was not showing it in the action menu. I also remember the when pressing the Ace Start Engine Button it would start for a split second and turn off again.

Any reason I don't get any occupied cities spawned? For some reason, after using CBA settings only it just doesnt spawn at all. 
EDIT: nvm, fixed it.

@SENSEII

Cant complete the following objectives:

- Find GPS intel. In the objective area there are dead bodies, cant search them with interact, no one else spawns and nothing happens.

- Find Map intel. It says ambush the units and search the enemy combatants of intel. So i eliminated them and tried one by one if they had an interaction point (ace), and none of them did :( .

- Deliver Supplies. Sometimes Couldnt drive truck after repairing it :( (could get into drivers seat but engine wouldnt start).

- Rescue VIP. Nothing happens when i bring the VIP to the objective location.

The gps and map objectives.... gotta go through all their belongings usin inventory.

The rescues... sometimes they work sometimes they dont.  Maybe senseii can give us precise instruction. Im sure there is a right way to do it.

On 7/22/2017 at 4:34 AM, lawndartleo said:

The gps and map objectives.... gotta go through all their belongings usin inventory.

I checked all the bodies :-/ didnt contain anything but their clothes (checked inside the clothes).