I was wondering if there was a way to get some or at least part of this mission completely mod dependent free. such as the requirement for CBA removed for players logging into the host/server. I want to put this on my public server for completely new and vanilla users to be able to load in. also I like every feature in this for what I want to use it for but I noticed that when I host I am pretty much immortal as I can get shot repeatedly while only flinching. 

As a public server I would like the FOB feature to be taken off so when no one from my group is on public players can't join in and start Spawning craziness Forward operating bases. I can easily see this overtaking the popularity of Invade and Annex if it had full vanilla support.

Is there any way to change the crew spawned in the artillery (and maybe the artilley itself?) of the artillery task in the serverconfig? and especially to change it for every specific edited DCG mission?

i was able to change the crew manually by editing the pbo, but you can only edit it for east, west and independent. but since we like to play against different fractions on each map it just doesnt really work out this way.

actually i find it quite... non atmospheric if you play against, lets say, RACS guys on sahrani and the crew consists of AAF or CSAT.

btw: thanks for the great mission/mod!

On 2/7/2017 at 3:16 PM, NSCT said:

Is there any way to change the crew spawned in the artillery (and maybe the artilley itself?) of the artillery task in the serverconfig? and especially to change it for every specific edited DCG mission?

i was able to change the crew manually by editing the pbo, but you can only edit it for east, west and independent. but since we like to play against different fractions on each map it just doesnt really work out this way.

actually i find it quite... non atmospheric if you play against, lets say, RACS guys on sahrani and the crew consists of AAF or CSAT.

btw: thanks for the great mission/mod!

Those factions are part of the east, west, independent or civilian side. Factions exist within a side. So you should be able to edit the pbo and change the artillery class just like you changed the crew class. :smile_o:

1 hour ago, SENSEII said:

Those factions are part of the east, west, independent or civilian side. Factions exist within a side. So you should be able to edit the pbo and change the artillery class just like you changed the crew class. :smile_o:

Thanks for your reply!

I think i wasnt able to express my question like i wanted to, sorry, english isnt my mother tongue and i dont talk english too often anymore. Of course i found the artillery in the pbo and was able to change it (and even use a random function for all russian RHS artillery vehicles). But thats about the point where my scripting skills end. On top of that i dont really like messing around in other peoples work, so im not too lucky with changing your pbos. Especially since im not really aware of all effects when i change some scripts. Still learning sqf scripting. ^^

The point is: As your mod offers to change the fraction or units of, lets say, opfor for every map, we use it with different units for each map and setting. For example: we play against russian forces on chernarus and against SLA forces on sahrani. And with "only" being able to mess around in the pbos, that leads to the "problem" (i know, its nitpicking...^^) that the destroy artillery task spawns a russian artillery with russian crew in both missions, what disturbs the atmosphere a little bit when playing against SLA. Maybe im too pedantic there, but i would love a solution like in the config where you can easily change the spawned units just by making an array which has the effect "when the mission is called >>dcg_chernarus_opfor<< spawn russian VDV units", just for the artillery and the crew. But since i didnt find it in the config i just have to take it as it is by now^^. Maybe i will try to write such a function myself if i managed to aquire more skill.

Do you have any plans to make this as scripts again?

The module system is nice but I much prefer the old system.

Also the wiki is very empty, do you have any plans to update it with more information?

Still love this, just wish it was as easy to use as it used to be.

What did I miss?... When did DCG go to modules?  I see nothing new in 3den related to any DCG modules.  or am I misunderstanding you?

On 26/02/2017 at 4:14 PM, lawndartleo said:

What did I miss?... When did DCG go to modules?  I see nothing new in 3den related to any DCG modules.  or am I misunderstanding you?

The "modules" refer to addons that you can use within DCG. Because the creator has tried to have it ONLY run on the server there are no modules as such.

Sadly if you run a server and have people connect via the Arma 3 Launcher it will try and get them to run the DCG addon anyway.

Just remind people not to do that or turn off sig check on your server.

Nice, looking forward to next version. 

fJZs1W4.png

Dynamic Combat Generator 3.2.0

Download | Repository | Issue Tracker | Wiki | Steam Workshop

What is DCG?
Dynamic Combat Generator is an Arma 3 server mod designed to help mission makers quickly enhance their cooperative scenarios by supplying a collection of easy to use, modular addons. DCG's addons are highly customizable and allow creators to populate their missions with ease.

What's Included in DCG?
  • Modularity
  • Save/load functionality
  • Occupied cities with patrolling and garrisoned enemies
  • Scaling enemy strength
  • Dynamically spawned patrols
  • Enemy static emplacements and sniper teams
  • Populated cities
  • Civilian interaction
  • Roadside IEDs
  • Dynamically spawned civilian traffic
  • Hostile civilians
  • Terrain based animal spawns
  • Approval system
  • FOB system
  • Transport system
  • Dynamic weather
  • Dynamic simulation support
  • Headless client support
  • ACE3 support
  • ACRE2 support
  • TFAR support
  • Coop mission templates

How Do I Use DCG?
The latest version of Community Based Addons is required on the server and client.

Server Setup
  • Extract the DCG and CBA zip files to the server's Arma 3 folder
  • After extracting the files, @dcg and @cba_a3 should exist in the server's Arma 3 directory
  • To configure a mission for DCG, take a quick look at Setting up a DCG compatible mission
  • If you wish to customize DCG's settings, check out the Settings Framework

Can I Contribute to DCG?
Dynamic Combat Generator is open source and hosted on Github. Feel free to fork the repository and submit a pull request. Teamwork makes the dream work!

What's Changed in 3.2.0?

Arma 1.68 Support

Arma 1.68 brought along several new features that are beneficial to DCG. Dynamic Simulation has been integrated into dcg_cache and the mission templates. Additionally, simple objects are being used wherever possible. Yay for performance gains!

Settings Framework

This update includes a settings framework overhaul aimed at making DCG more user-friendly. Namely, version 3.2.0 introduces CBA Settings.

This system allows server admins and mission designers to tweak DCG's settings ingame. By far, it is the easiest way to adjust a setting. Visit the wiki for more info on the new settings framework.

fDB3WzG.jpg?1

EDEN Support

Version 3.2.0 also introduces EDEN editor support to complement the new settings framework. These tools should alleviate most of the hassle associated with handling unit pools.

dippsJo.jpg?1

Changelog

Added
- Add CBA settings 
- Add support for multiple curators to FOB system 
- Add autosave functionality 
- Add *dcg_ied* ACE3 support 
- Add EDEN support 
- Add 'Hostile Notification' to *dcg_approval* settings 
- Add halt action to civilian units 
- Add secondary task - destroy communications tower
- Add artillery vehicle pool setting
- Add vip civilian pool setting

Changed
- Change mission parameter framework 
- Change server config settings entries 
- Change FOB system 
- Change radio framework 
- Change debug mode 
- Change *dcg_approval* region system 
- Change *dcg_main* save system 
- Change *dcg_occupy* location patrols
- Change *dcg_cache* to support dynamic simulation
- Change *dcg_civilian* unit spawn system

Updated
- Update TFAR support 
- Update ACRE2 support 
- Update task icons 
- Update *dcg_ied* to use createSimpleObject
- Update mission templates with new player slots, simple objects and dynamic simulation support

Fixed
- Fix *dcg_radio* settings not running on server 
- Fix vehicle patrol spawns 
- Fix *dcg_cache* interfering with transport route 
- Fix FUNC(findPosHouse) returning bad position
- Fix *dcg_transport* helicopter not departing after infil
- Fix spawned reinforcement helicopter not landing
- Fix clients not receiving updated settings values
- Fix several *dcg_task* related bugs
- Fix FUNC(setVehDamaged) hitpoint damage values
- Fix *dcg_occupy* units receiving undefined patrol radius
- Fix *dcg_weather* settings not applying at mission start
- Fix transport request actions disappearing if requestor dies during transport

Removed
- Remove depreciated settings
- Remove FUNC(setPatrol) 
- Remove FUNC(createLocation)
- Remove FUNC(saveInventory)
- Remove FUNC(loadInventory)

• Like 3

Yay!

when instructing people to join via the launcher server browser, how does an admin prevent players from loading up DCG as a mod since clients don't need it and loading it causes havoc... at least it used to.

12 minutes ago, lawndartleo said:

Yay!

when instructing people to join via the launcher server browser, how does an admin prevent players from loading up DCG as a mod since clients don't need it and loading it causes havoc... at least it used to.

On the server use the startup param -serverMod to load DCG instead of -mod.

When I run my DCG sandbox mission with the updated version,  the ACE menues don't show. Well I can see that they are there in the background via the mouse cursor but the text is invisible.

Edit: works when I am in a vehicle (infantry problem only)

Edited by tobur

Running ACE and TFR as current from Steam Workshop. Get messages, "Bad vehicle type TFAR_anprc152" and "Cannot add the following Radios to your inventory: TFAR_anprc152, TFAR_rf7800str"  when I try to obtain a radio from the quartermaster.  Running the sample Altis mission on a dedicated.  Loaded using your userconfig and the server PBO  Am I doing something incorrectly? Are the CBA settings of TFAR and DCG having an argument?

From the log...

Ref to nonnetwork object a33bae4c00# 1814365: o_soldier_01.p3d

Hey, one more question - Does the CBA settings overwrite the serverconfig? Like village unit count etc.. 

On 3/28/2017 at 8:01 PM, lawndartleo said:

Running ACE and TFR as current from Steam Workshop. Get messages, "Bad vehicle type TFAR_anprc152" and "Cannot add the following Radios to your inventory: TFAR_anprc152, TFAR_rf7800str"  when I try to obtain a radio from the quartermaster.  Running the sample Altis mission on a dedicated.  Loaded using your userconfig and the server PBO  Am I doing something incorrectly? Are the CBA settings of TFAR and DCG having an argument?

From the log...

Ref to nonnetwork object a33bae4c00# 1814365: o_soldier_01.p3d

I'll look into this. 

On 3/30/2017 at 7:16 PM, lawndartleo said:

I certainly didn't notice it, there.

Yeah, I didn't notice it either :dontgetit:

3 hours ago, Brebera said:

Hey, one more question - Does the CBA settings overwrite the serverconfig? Like village unit count etc.. 

Yes CBA settings overwrite everything else, more info here.

Thanks Senseii...

I am all but certain it's me because not many other people have chimed in.  If it is just me, wondering if any body can advise about how to configure TFAR within CBA.  At least that is my suspicion, that my CBA settings and DCG are not playing nicely.

I'm really enjoying this system.  I currently have 2 issues.  I'm struggling to change the unit pools based on the map.  I have edited the description.txt file so it has:

class dcg_settings {
class dcg_main_unitPoolEast {
   typeName = "POOL";
   value[] = {
      {"ALL","O_soldier_UAV_F","O_Soldier_TL_F","O_Sharpshooter_F",
         "O_Soldier_lite_F","O_Soldier_LAT_F","O_Soldier_F",
         "O_soldier_repair_F","O_Soldier_AT_F","O_Soldier_AA_F","O_soldier_M_F",
         "O_HeavyGunner_F","O_support_MG_F","O_Soldier_GL_F","O_soldier_exp_F",
         "O_engineer_F","O_medic_F","O_Soldier_AR_F","O_Soldier_AAT_F",
         "O_Soldier_AAA_F","O_support_AMG_F","O_Soldier_AAR_F","O_Soldier_A_F"},
      {
         "TAKISTAN",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AA",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AR",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Guerilla_Medic",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_MG",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Bomber",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Mechanic",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_GL",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_Enfield",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AAT",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Soldier_AT",
         "CUP_O_TK_INS_Sniper"
      }
   };
};
};

But I still get the standard unit at the task locations.

Additionally DCG seems to generate enemy bases using the metal box on stilts system which does not fit well with the Takistand mission I want to play.

All help gratefully received.

Keep up the good work.  S

I'm glad you're enjoying DCG :grinning:

I did a quick test and the settings functionality is working. Make sure your description file has the proper extension .ext . You listed it as .txt above.

Also, you're still including the "ALL" pool, meaning those units still have a chance to spawn in all maps and missions. Remove that pool or make it map specific if you'd like to only have CUP units on Takistan. 

Concerning the bases, there currently aren't plans to make the bases map specific, but it may be something that makes it in down the line. 

Thanks for the reply Senseii, Still not working for me but I have learned a bit more. I'll keep plugging away at it when I have time, some other things keep getting in the way ^^