Is there an option in the userconfig to allow turning off Arty support? I looked but might have missed it.

Update;

When I call in air transport it lands, I get in, it sits there for about 2 mins then kicks me out and fly's away...... Is there something I should do before getting in?

Is there an option in the userconfig to allow turning off Arty support? I looked but might have missed it.

Update;

When I call in air transport it lands, I get in, it sits there for about 2 mins then kicks me out and fly's away...... Is there something I should do before getting in?

The artillery is part of a task and you can disable that task through the userconfig if that's what you mean. 

There must be a player in the copilot seat for the transport to take off. This method allows for any player to signal take off in case the transport requestor isn't able to do so.

I'll add an in-game hint to make this obvious. 

So far the only thing I can find in the .rpt file is the below error.

Error in expression
8:49:21 Error position: <_data]] call dcg_main_fnc_log;>
8:49:21 Error Undefined variable in expression: _data
8:49:21 File d\dcg\addons\occupy\functions\fnc_setOccupied.sqf, line 145

"

Hi SenseII,

First of all, your job is exellent on this mission, dynamic missions are often missing in arma unfortunately (because of scritping skills etc...).

I just have one question (sorry if it has been already been answered... I've found nothing about it...).

Is there a possibility to have a respawn created once the fod itself is installed? Because it could be annoying sometimes specially on Tanoa to fly back an back again after death... (Yeah I know I'm a bad soldier :))

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I'm feeling quite stupid but I'd like to test your mod but I can't understand how to use it.

I've donwload the ZIP file with the @dcg folder. I copied that folder inside Arma3 and added to my modset.

In the main menu I can see the DCG icon..so it's should be loaded.

Now...I'm lost..I can't understand how should I use it inside a MP scenario I'd like to play.

First of all I've tried with Eden editor if I have to add a module but in the "systems" menu I can't see DCG addons?

After that I've loaded in Eden your dcg_west.altis trying to understand something but when I've opened it hadn't found any kind of object related to DCG.

Where am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

can somebody please port the missions to chernarus and takistan for an unexperienced mission maker thx <3

Really enjoying your mod SENSEI, works well with every mission I am working on and have even download and tested it with other ppls missions.

Good job with this, very simple and easy to use (knock on wood) so far.

Also have a question for you, When deploying the FOB the supply crate that is first placed, where would I find the file that has the crates init field? I see you have the virtual armory working on it once its deployed but I need to add some more code to it and am having a problem finding the file to edit.

Thanks

Hi SenseII,

First of all, your job is exellent on this mission, dynamic missions are often missing in arma unfortunately (because of scritping skills etc...).

I just have one question (sorry if it has been already been answered... I've found nothing about it...).

Is there a possibility to have a respawn created once the fod itself is installed? Because it could be annoying sometimes specially on Tanoa to fly back an back again after death... (Yeah I know I'm a bad soldier :))

Thank you for your help.

Thanks :). The FOB respawn position is in the next release.

Hi,

I'm feeling quite stupid but I'd like to test your mod but I can't understand how to use it.

I've donwload the ZIP file with the @dcg folder. I copied that folder inside Arma3 and added to my modset.

In the main menu I can see the DCG icon..so it's should be loaded.

Now...I'm lost..I can't understand how should I use it inside a MP scenario I'd like to play.

First of all I've tried with Eden editor if I have to add a module but in the "systems" menu I can't see DCG addons?

After that I've loaded in Eden your dcg_west.altis trying to understand something but when I've opened it hadn't found any kind of object related to DCG.

Where am I wrong?

Thanks in advance

Think of DCG as a collection of addons that will enhance your cooperative mission by quickly populating the scenario with content. These addons aren't part of the mission, they simply run parallel to it. This way your mission isn't dependent on DCG and you can add/remove the addons as you see fit using the userconfig file.

There's a wiki for the project, here, that explains how to set up a DCG compatible mission, how to customize the settings and more.

can somebody please port the missions to chernarus and takistan for an unexperienced mission maker thx <3

Come over to the dark side!  It's not hard to get DCG running on those maps. See the wiki link above.

Really enjoying your mod SENSEI, works well with every mission I am working on and have even download and tested it with other ppls missions.

Good job with this, very simple and easy to use (knock on wood) so far.

Also have a question for you, When deploying the FOB the supply crate that is first placed, where would I find the file that has the crates init field? I see you have the virtual armory working on it once its deployed but I need to add some more code to it and am having a problem finding the file to edit.

Thanks

The FOB crate is created in \fob\functions\fnc_setup.sqf. However, the crate is assigned to the global variable dcg_fob_anchor, so you can access it without digging into the files. 

fJZs1W4.png

Dynamic Combat Generator 3.1.0.6 (Pre-release)

Download | Repository | Issue Tracker | Wiki | Steam Workshop

What is DCG?
Dynamic Combat Generator is an Arma 3 mod designed to help mission makers quickly enhance their cooperative scenarios by supplying a collection of easy to use, modular addons.

What's Included in DCG?
  • Modularity
  • Save/load functionality
  • Occupied cities with patrolling and garrisoned enemies
  • Scaling enemy strength
  • Dynamically spawned patrols
  • Enemy static emplacements and sniper teams
  • Populated cities
  • Civilian interaction
  • Roadside IEDs
  • Dynamically spawned civilian traffic
  • Hostile civilians
  • Terrain based animal spawns
  • Approval system
  • FOB construction system
  • Transportation system
  • Dynamic weather
  • Unit caching
  • Headless client support
  • ACE3 support
  • ACRE2 support
  • TFAR support
  • Coop mission

How Do I Use DCG?
The latest version of Community Based Addons is required on the server and client.

Server Setup
  • Extract the DCG and CBA zip files to the server's Arma 3 folder
  • After extracting the files, @dcg and @cba_a3 should exist in the server's Arma 3 directory
  • If you wish to customize DCG's settings, check out Customizing DCG Settings
  • If you would like to set up a mission for DCG, take a quick look at Setting up a DCG compatible mission

Can I Contribute to DCG?
Dynamic Combat Generator is open source and hosted on Github. Feel free to fork the repository and submit a pull request. Teamwork makes the dream work!

What's Changed in 3.1.0.6?

The save system has been adjusted in this update. I recommend deleting your saved mission data to avoid issues.

Steam Workshop
You can find DCG on Steam at this link!

Custom Object Saving 
DCG's save system now supports custom objects, not including those of type MAN or LOGIC. Simply use _object setVariable ["dcg_main_saveObject",true] on the server to save an object's position, direction and up vector. Use this feature sparingly as it's not recommended to save large amounts of data to the server's profile.

Optionals Folder
This is a small change, but the server addon and the userconfig have been moved to an optionals folder by default. Take a look at Customizing DCG Settings for info on how to take full advantage of DCG's userconfig settings.

Changelog
Added
- steam workshop upload
- CBA required module in mission templates
- custom object saving (_object setVariable ["dcg_main_saveObject",true])
- FOB respawn position

Changed
- moved server addon to optionals folder by default
- disabled respawn on start in mission templates
- replaced FUNC(findPosRural) with FUNC(findPos)
- adjusted FOB item costs
- optimized approval saved data
- optimized IED handler
- improved vehicle placement in FUNC(spawnGroup)
- improved sniper spawn chance

Fixed
- artillery timer resetting for JIP players
- artillery vehicle exploding on spawn
- player side's in mission templates
- script error in FUNC(setOccupied)
- adding and removing request actions in EFUNC(fob,handleRequest)
- incorrect return value for ACE actions in FUNC(setAction)
- new FOB controller unable to handle FOB after accepted request
- players able to request control of FOB before previous request is handled
- approval value incorrectly subtracted when FOB is dismantled
- hitpoint selection in FUNC(setVehDamaged)

Removed
- primary and secondary task settings in userconfig
- ammo restrictions on FOB UAV
  • Like 1

Yeah i realize its easy to port over, but i can't make main bases as complex with all the depots and stuff like you have in your preset missions :(

EDIT: Also looking at serverconfig.hpp, and its gonna be a pain to add all the rhs classnames is there a way to make it integrate with rhs automatically like DCG 3.0.9? :(

hi,

game crash at mission start in Altis when i try to deploy FOB...in Tanoa it works

Bye.

hi,

game crash at mission start in Altis when i try to deploy FOB...in Tanoa it works

Bye.

Thanks for supplying absolutely no useful information :). There's no difference in code between these maps, but if you'd like to report an issue, do so here.

EDIT: Also looking at serverconfig.hpp, and its gonna be a pain to add all the rhs classnames is there a way to make it integrate with rhs automatically like DCG 3.0.9? :(

I'm not going to include RHS units by default. Doing so would unnecessarily increase the size of the unitpool arrays and slow things down for people not running RHS.

However, follow the steps below to quickly get a list copied to your clipboard. 

• Open the single player editor
  • Press Ctrl-D to open the debug console
  • Paste the code
  • Change the variable, _side, depending on what pool you'd like to fill.
    • EAST = 0, WEST = 1, INDEPENDENT = 2
  • Change the variable, _type, depending on what type of pool you'd like to fill
    • unitPool = "MAN", vehPool = "LANDVEHICLE", airPool = "AIR"
  • Press Local Exec
_side = 0;
_type = "MAN";
_prefix = "rhs";

_cfg = configFile >> "CfgVehicles";
_classArr = [];

for "_index" from 0 to (count _cfg - 1) do {
	_cfgClass = _cfg select _index;

if (isClass _cfgClass) then {
		_cfgName = configName _cfgClass;
		_cfgDisplay = getText (_cfgClass >> "displayName");
		_cfgSide = getNumber (_cfgClass >> "side");
		_cfgScope = getNumber (_cfgClass >> "scope");

if (_cfgSide isEqualTo _side && {_cfgScope > 1} && {_cfgName isKindOf _type} && {!(toLower _cfgDisplay isEqualTo "sniper")} && {toLower (_cfgName select [0,count _prefix]) isEqualTo toLower _prefix}) then {
			_classArr pushBack str _cfgName;
		};
	};
};

_exportStr = _classArr joinString ",";
copyToClipboard _exportStr;
  • Like 2

hmm i added it to my userconfig but it seems dcg isn't using it for some reason

Could this be used in SP somehow?  Looks way to good to pass up....

hmm i added it to my userconfig but it seems dcg isn't using it for some reason

Make sure you have dcg_server.pbo set up correctly. Check out Customizing DCG Settings.

Could this be used in SP somehow?  Looks way to good to pass up....

At the moment there are a few things keeping DCG from working in a single player environment. But, there's no reason why you can't host a local multiplayer scenario :)

Make sure you have dcg_server.pbo set up correctly. Check out Customizing DCG Settings.

thanks I didn't have dcg_server.pbo set up correctly since i just switched over to the workshop version :D

Hey Sensei,

Love DCG. Loved the older version and love the updates, however I just have one gripe with the new version. I'd like to move the vehicle spawners to where they were previously, but last time I tried, the triggers didn't properly move with them. I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong, and I'd love any tips you can give. 

Thanks!

Edit: As well, activating ACE Advanced Medical would be handy  to know as well! <3

• Like 1

Hey Sensei,

Love DCG. Loved the older version and love the updates, however I just have one gripe with the new version. I'd like to move the vehicle spawners to where they were previously, but last time I tried, the triggers didn't properly move with them. I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong, and I'd love any tips you can give. 

Thanks!

Edit: As well, activating ACE Advanced Medical would be handy  to know as well! <3

So, the vehicle spawn actions in the mission templates are added to the units at each depot, but the spawn position is grabbed from the depot markers like dcg_depotLand.

Any ACE settings should be handled using their Settings Framework

Hello Sensei,

I tried DCG and i like it :)

I'd like to leave some feedback on this since it has great potential.

Can the support calls, Deploy FOB and other actions be used from radio call like 0-0-8 or something instead of having them in the scroll menu? I think they are too many to have them on the menu.

Can the action that gives you the ability to talk to a Civilian be active only while you are near one?  Again to save space on action menu.

Any plans to be able to build more than one FOB?

Any plans to change what it gets saved inside FOB, so that we can build something with R3F Logistics instead of saving only Curator Objects?

Maybe have an option for the Zeus Curator costs? Like unlimited or limited (defined in parameters)

Can Zeus Curator be disabled in the settings? For example playing in MP only admins to have that option or people in a specific role/slot that might be whitelisted with PUID.

Maybe an option to autosave after x amount of time?

Sorry for the long post.

Keep up the good work!

Hello Sensei,

I tried DCG and i like it :)

I'd like to leave some feedback on this since it has great potential.

Can the support calls, Deploy FOB and other actions be used from radio call like 0-0-8 or something instead of having them in the scroll menu? I think they are too many to have them on the menu.

Can the action that gives you the ability to talk to a Civilian be active only while you are near one?  Again to save space on action menu.

Any plans to be able to build more than one FOB?

Any plans to change what it gets saved inside FOB, so that we can build something with R3F Logistics instead of saving only Curator Objects?

Maybe have an option for the Zeus Curator costs? Like unlimited or limited (defined in parameters)

Can Zeus Curator be disabled in the settings? For example playing in MP only admins to have that option or people in a specific role/slot that might be whitelisted with PUID.

Maybe an option to autosave after x amount of time?

Sorry for the long post.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback  :D

• I'll look into cleaning up the vanilla action menu
  • Multiple FOBs may happen down the road, but that would require a revamp of the current system
  • Saving custom objects has to be handled by the mission maker, but there are some tools to make it simple
    • If you'd like to save an object, you can use setVariable ( _object setVariable ["dcg_main_saveObject",true])
    • If you want to add an existing object to the FOB system, use (dcg_fob_curator addCuratorEditableObjects [[_object],false])
    • If you add an object to the FOB system, you don't need to set the save variable
  • You can change the cost of placing/deleting FOB objects in the userconfig, check out the addons list for a description of each setting
  • I'm adding a setting in the next release that will allow admins to restrict who can use the FOB
  • Autosave is in the next release  :)
  • Like 2

New mod v3.1.0.6 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey SENSEI , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

• Like 1