AzZaMaTr0n

New EDEN update makes font look disgusting...

Why does BI not use normal Roboto instead of Roboto condensed ?? It's too narrow to read.

Prista is been Good than before. But Roboto Condensed is very very bad.

Here is example, sides name being collapsed.

79ADE4674DEAE304B2262DF4D654A70B3F4524B8

Maybe it's opticians people need to start looking at and not the new font ?  :D  ;)

In all seriousness, I'm old, I wear glasses for reading/gaming, and on a shitty laptop and can read all the information on these screen grabs without a single problem, even when I hook the laptop up to a 24" HDTV, no issues reading anything at all.

It seems horses for courses really, and it's far from a show stopper and game changer.

It seems some are being a little pedantic at times too, moaning about not being able to distinguish between a 6/8 seriously ?? You KNOW the game, you KNOW what the calibre of the weapon is, you chose to use it, but the whole game's horrendous because of that?

People just don't like change, Eden is an evolution, and APEX will be a major change to the game as well, a shitty font isn't going to be the issue to run Tanoha, it's a beast of a GPU!! Word from a few Island makers as well is that APEX will break a lot of custom maps... now THAT's a gripe to get annoyed about :D 

• Like 1

If you don't see a problem, just move along. That is as simple as that. No one can show you smth, if you don't want to see. Also you may open a new thread and discuss APEX problems there. New font really hard to read, old one was clearer.

I don't have much time to make a comparison 1.54 vs 1.56. I have to download 4Gb for that, my Internet is bad. Maybe someone will post that too.

I absolutely hate the new font... and was a bit disappointed to see that it was changed in the latest "EDEN" update.

For one, I find it more difficult to read now, especially username text markers whilst the map is open.... unreadable blur unless you zoom right in. Second of all, there was no need to change it from the last... it was pretty much perfect.

I now have encountered an issue where I can only play the game in "fullscreen window" mode, since the update, as the font which is rendered to my screen is absolutely "bleh".

My current video settings are here -> http://imgur.com/a/4CXuW

The issue I am experiencing is here -> "full screen window" = http://i.imgur.com/9vy8Cay.jpgversus "fullscreen" = http://i.imgur.com/hMwC8yG.jpg (I had to take photo's as when I hit F12 in steam, the screen shots showed that there was nothing wrong with the font... so it has me scratching my head as to what it could be causing the 'bleed' of the font... none the less, it's horrible).

Notice the bad kerning on the font? *sigh*. I've tried to change windows 7 font settings to no avail, turned on font smoothing, turned it off... (rebooted in between, no changes).

I'm at a loss, and fairly grumpy about it....

... please please please change the font back to the way it was before the EDEN update!

*EDIT... after doing a 'restore factory defaults' on my "AMD RADEON SETTINGS", it seems to have rectified the fullscreen vs fullscreen windowed font kerning issues (no idea as to why or what happened, but so far so good)... P.S. I still hate/dislike the new font.

-soul.

If you don't see a problem, just move along. That is as simple as that. No one can show you smth, if you don't want to see. Also you may open a new thread and discuss APEX problems there. New font really hard to read, old one was clearer.

I don't have much time to make a comparison 1.54 vs 1.56. I have to download 4Gb for that, my Internet is bad. Maybe someone will post that too.

One of the developers already posted a comparison, it's not that I'm not wanting to see something it's that I CAN'T see something that isn't there for me.

• Like 1

As others have already mentioned, the kerning (space between letters) is terrible on small/very small interface sizes.

No arguments with the font being an improvement, but it is difficult to read long lines of text when allthewordsmergeintoone.

dvw3eMs.png

You get the idea - Same font size, different kerning.

• Like 3

One of the developers already posted a comparison, it's not that I'm not wanting to see something it's that I CAN'T see something that isn't there for me.

Here is a screenshot (of one problem) specially for you:

0lGMowL.png

If you don't have any problems with fonts, there is no reason to leave posts here.

Oh so this thread is only for people with problems now is it? but tell you what, I don't read or write Cyrillic, and I can make out every single letter in your screenshot.. whilst you're sitting there making your copy of the game the worst thing since In Laws were invented, I'm enjoying the update and everything the game has to offer.

The beauty of such forums mate, is that it offers both those unhappy with the font, and those happy to share their opinions, and what I'm seeing is that it's about 50/50, even one of the Dev's posted, maybe he shouldn't have posted here either as he didn't seem to have an issue with the new font?  :rolleyes:  ;) 

I'll too will step out of this now, as it seems your posts have more credence over everyone else's.

• Like 1

I'm not seeing any issue, and I'm using a bog standard modern 1920X1080 monitor. I think the issue is with people's settings, not the (much improved) font. 

• Like 1

Oh so this thread is only for people with problems now is it? but tell you what, I don't read or write Cyrillic, and I can make out every single letter in your screenshot.. whilst you're sitting there making your copy of the game the worst thing since In Laws were invented, I'm enjoying the update and everything the game has to offer.

The beauty of such forums mate, is that it offers both those unhappy with the font, and those happy to share their opinions, and what I'm seeing is that it's about 50/50, even one of the Dev's posted, maybe he shouldn't have posted here either as he didn't seem to have an issue with the new font?  :rolleyes:  ;)

I'll too will step out of this now, as it seems your posts have more credence over everyone else's.

You say other people that they should accept that problems. That is unpolite and don't help to solve problems. That is why I answered in the same manner. You don't have a problem, you like the font and that is totally fine. I see a problem and want it to be fixed. There are a lot of tickets on feedback tracker, you may answer there in the same manner: "I don't have such problems. Stop posting your tickets. Go play Arma.".

P. S. Yes, since feedback tracker closed, I think that thread is a "new ticket" about font problems.

In-game the fonts are much more read-able. Still not very pretty, but before it was quite confusing. For example, 6 and 8 looked pretty much the same.

The new fonts are quite a nice improvement.

Yeah, the font quite iffy. While in some places it looks okay, in others it's just bad. It's not a sin to have different fonts in different places to make it readable.

People still run in 1280x1024? That's probably half of your problem right there...

That is the best resolution, you know. But that is out of topic. New font hates scalability, as you can see.

My opinion the new font is better readable. I like it  :ok:

1920x1080  Normal Size

Tested the Purista font mod and things are just more eaay to read with that.