R3vo

Mine Detector

Hi R3vo,

a short update. Now it works. I changed my version form pw6 to the armolic version. Maybe pw6 is buggy.

Hi R3vo,

a short update. Now it works. I changed my version form pw6 to the armolic version. Maybe pw6 is buggy.

Ah thank god, because I couldn't find the bug :D

Update 1.10.9

Changelog

- added the ability to detect ace mines (Check out the module)

- script improvements

- lowered beeping volume to reduce sound artifacts

- finalised the German translation

@R3vo - thanks we going to use this in our missions.

• Like 1

revo hi!
The mod works great, good job.

does not work when the player is in a vehicle, it would be interesting to be working well, some plan?

revo hi!

The mod works great, good job.

does not work when the player is in a vehicle, it would be interesting to be working well, some plan?

Thanks for the feedack. That the detector doesn't work in a vehicle is intended. Something I could maybe add to the module in the future, so mission editors have an option to enable it.

• Like 1

Hey R3Vo are you aware that PW6 is far out of date. Anything you can do about that?

I've never told someone to upload it there... strange. Who do I need to contact?

I've never told someone to upload it there... strange. Who do I need to contact?

No idea thought it was yours :/ 

I Really like this mod most of the guys I play with would prefer a PWS version.

I would be nice to have a physical object  (launcher class maybe) to swipe around but I understand if its too much. 

Updated mod v1.10.7 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Revo , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Great job Revo. Finaly an exelent Metalldetector (I try to record the crying of my EOD's) ;) 

great mod, as i old an Ex-EOD from a few realism units in the arma 2 ace days, this is great no more play craw along look for mine in first person and hopping you wont set one off, one thing i sported this the the display is a bit small and bit hard to read, is there any way you could add a way to zoom onto the center of your screen, a bit like if you go into the map and click the compass?

great mod, as i old an Ex-EOD from a few realism units in the arma 2 ace days, this is great no more play craw along look for mine in first person and hopping you wont set one off, one thing i sported this the the display is a bit small and bit hard to read, is there any way you could add a way to zoom onto the center of your screen, a bit like if you go into the map and click the compass?

What resolution and interface size are you using?

In my Tests i find the Display big enough. Two other Points i find:

* If I press on of the ACE Action Keys, the Minedetector is gone and had to be restarted

* The Player can still wear an Weapon in his hands and can run with the Minedetector. 

And maybe add the Actions with ACE to an seperated menu under the Equipment Part of the ACE Self Menu. 

If you put the Source on Git, i will try to help you

* If I press on of the ACE Action Keys, the Minedetector is gone and had to be restarted

Can you explain this in more detail, because I can't reproduce that.

* The Player can still wear an Weapon in his hands and can run with the Minedetector.

Running is actually not a big of a deal, if someone runs in a mine field, the best detector in this world won't safe him ;)

Thanks for the feedack. That the detector doesn't work in a vehicle is intended. Something I could maybe add to the module in the future, so mission editors have an option to enable it.

Thank you for considering!

Can you explain this in more detail, because I can't reproduce that.

If you have, in the ACE Settings the Interaction Menu Background activated, the Mine Detector Interface is no longer displayed, when you press one of the Interaction Keys

Interesting, gonna look into it.

Hey, have you considered making a version of this that doesn't add dependencies to missions? E.g. by using the vanilla minedetector and ACE battery object instead of creating new objects with own classnames and a module etc.....

Far too often, mods don't work after an ArmA update and don't get updated by the author. Removing the mod then means to have to adjust every mission made with it........ therefore a version that doesn't add itself as a dependency and can be removed from the modset without problems would be really cool.

That makes absolutely no sense...

Hi R3vo just gave you mod a try last night and its really awesome. You really have created a whole new game mechanic that was thoroughly missed. So thank you.

I have some questions though about what type of cans the detector can see. From a bit of testing i could only get the detector to respond to one of the crushed cans(soda cans).

I was also wondering if it would be possible to have the mine detector detect weapons(that is if its a metal detector) as well.

Any plans for a 3d model of a detector to carry so we have to choose between a weapon or detector while scanning? Could be carried in the pistol slot and wouldn't require any new animations etc. (I've used one first hand in a test version of eods in the pistol slot using pistol animations and looks well)

Also a module that allows us to add classnames that can be detected would be cool.

Thanks

Edit.. I see you replied earlier in thread about a detector we can hold and u said u tried it already but anim looked rubbish which I take from that you have a working model already? :)

Definitely use it as a pistol it looks awesome and natural holding in both pistol positions (aiming and lowered positions I mean). No extra anims needed. Just a way to deactivate the detector if not in your hand would be the extra work I think. I wouldn't care if I had to carry the arma3 one and the pistol slot one if it means less work to transfer all the work u put into vanilla one across to 3d one :) maybe just a script that won't let u activate vanilla one if the 3d model isn't in your hand.

Thanks

That's not on the plan currently.

Any plans for a 3d model of a detector to carry so we have to choose between a weapon or detector while scanning? Could be carried in the pistol slot and wouldn't require any new animations etc. (I've used one first hand in a test version of eods in the pistol slot using pistol animations and looks well)

Also a module that allows us to add classnames that can be detected would be cool.

Interesting idea, I'll put that on the todo list.

I take from that you have a working model already?

Nope, there is no 3d model, I tried it with the vanilla one.

Hi R3vo just gave you mod a try last night and its really awesome. You really have created a whole new game mechanic that was thoroughly missed. So thank you.

I have some questions though about what type of cans the detector can see. From a bit of testing i could only get the detector to respond to one of the crushed cans(soda cans).

I was also wondering if it would be possible to have the mine detector detect weapons(that is if its a metal detector) as well.

It should currently detect all soda cans. The dented one and also the new ones.

I'll write idea with the weapons on my todo list, but I'll probably only include a new parameter to the module where everyone can declar own objects.