Works in MP

Screenshot

Click Me

Armaholic

Armaholic Topic

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Great work, and good idea.

I am going to try it. Put some pics on Armaholic to show the mod graphicly.

Thanq you for the share !!!

Great work, and good idea.

I am going to try it. Put some pics on Armaholic to show the mod graphicly.

Thanq you for the share !!!

You're welcome. I'll add some later I promise :)

why should someone work on something that is so shit like that?

no need to re-invent the wheel again and again...

better work on altis life github fork of danielstuart which takes the developement of "life" to a higher level already...

just my 2 cents...

There is a way to merge the 2 module you have done? ( Vehicleshop + weapons shop )

How do i add more/different vehicals to the shops, when ever i add more into this i just this error. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/547556781796998846/AA97E1A65D7952AE039AA4C873ACBB931A78184D/

What have i done wrong?

Thanks. 

class Military
	    {
	        displayName = "$STR_HG_SHOP_MILITARY";
		    vehicles[] =
		    {
		        {"B_MRAP_01_F",45000}
			{"B_MRAP_01_hmg_F",45000}
			{"B_MRAP_01_gmg_F",45000}
			{"B_MBT_01_TUSK_F",45000}

};
			spawnPoints[] =
			{
				{"$STR_HG_MARKER_2","military_vehicles_spawn"}
			};
	    };
	};

Dont worry someone PMed me what i was missing. just needed a , after each {}

Hey guys how do i combine add the two shops to the same mission, when i do i get tons of errors. of things already being defined etc...

Hey HoverGuy, hopefully you are still around, I've been using you Simple Vehicle shop as a foundation for a vehicle shop within my mission, upon adding new classes and such within the files. I seem to get a really odd issue of the UI freaking and not actually showing anything. Yet it was working fine beforehand. I'm not entirely sure what is causing the aforementioned issue. Do I need to extend the UI to allow more classes and sets within itself. Any insight would be fantastic cause I'm dig through files and getting a little lost now and then.

https://i1.someimage.com/hfaWD52.jpgis a link to the UI. So far I've set up 3 new classes within the default shop. (Or is that potentially where I would be going wrong?)

Once again any insight would be incredibly useful. :)

Hey guys how do i combine add the two shops to the same mission, when i do i get tons of errors. of things already being defined etc...

If you are combining numerous DESC and init.sqf files, put the includes into the same cfgclass definitons. IE

class CfgFunctions {

#include "HG_SVSS\Functions\HG_ShopFncs.h"

#include "EPD\EPDcfgFunctions.hpp"

};

instead of having two different CfgFunctions, as you'd of already defined them. At-least this is the method I've been using and it works nicely thus far.

If you are combining numerous DESC and init.sqf files, put the includes into the same cfgclass definitons. IE

class CfgFunctions {

#include "HG_SVSS\Functions\HG_ShopFncs.h"

#include "EPD\EPDcfgFunctions.hpp"

};

instead of having two different CfgFunctions, as you'd of already defined them. At-least this is the method I've been using and it works nicely thus far.

He sent me a PM, everything's fine now, I added a link to download the merged content in the first post.

Hey HoverGuy, hopefully you are still around, I've been using you Simple Vehicle shop as a foundation for a vehicle shop within my mission, upon adding new classes and such within the files. I seem to get a really odd issue of the UI freaking and not actually showing anything. Yet it was working fine beforehand. I'm not entirely sure what is causing the aforementioned issue. Do I need to extend the UI to allow more classes and sets within itself. Any insight would be fantastic cause I'm dig through files and getting a little lost now and then.

https://i1.someimage.com/hfaWD52.jpgis a link to the UI. So far I've set up 3 new classes within the default shop. (Or is that potentially where I would be going wrong?)

Once again any insight would be incredibly useful. :)

Hi, seems that you're missing localized text (stringtable.xml), so to fix this just drag & drop stringtable.xml in your mission folder.

Quite! I had it included. I believe however I broke it upon editing, after reverting to a clean string table and remaking my edits with less of a rush. I appear to have it solved. My only issue right now seems to be that the RHS guns do not appear on your person, magazines and misc items do using the Vehicle Shop and Weapon shop merge. I should probably post my question in that thread instead rather than clog this thread with questions pertaining to the other side of this. :)

How can I set a separate spawn position for aircraft and vehicles?

For example i want to spawn helicopters on the empty pads (if available) and jets in the hangars (if available). The option to spawn them where I spawn tanks should not even be possible.

Thank you for amazing script.

How can I set a separate spawn position for aircraft and vehicles?

For example i want to spawn helicopters on the empty pads (if available) and jets in the hangars (if available). The option to spawn them where I spawn tanks should not even be possible.

Thank you for amazing script.

Hi Zyme,

All positions are marker based, open HG_ShopCfg.h and setup your shops there, the interesting part for you is

/* 
    Spawn pos (markers)
    0 - STRING - Marker display name
    1 - STRING - Marker name
*/
spawnPoints[] =
{
    {"$STR_HG_MARKER_1","civilian_vehicles_spawn"}
};

And when you push Buy button, the called script checks if a vehicle is on the spawn point to avoid explosions etc...

Hi Zyme,

All positions are marker based, open HG_ShopCfg.h and setup your shops there, the interesting part for you is

/* 
    Spawn pos (markers)
    0 - STRING - Marker display name
    1 - STRING - Marker name
*/
spawnPoints[] =
{
    {"$STR_HG_MARKER_1","civilian_vehicles_spawn"}
};

And when you push Buy button, the called script checks if a vehicle is on the spawn point to avoid explosions etc...

I still don't understand how to separate a tank from a heli and a jet if I add them to the Military class and not allow a tank to spawn on a helipad.

Creating another spawn point marker isn't enough.

Please explain.

Also support for multiple markers and one spawn selection would be nice. For example you have 3 tank spawns but only need to select one spawn point and it will choose the first one that is empty instead of having a list of "tank spawn 1", "tank spawn 2" etc..

Is there a way to spawn vehicles without cargo items? I know the commands but i don't know where i place them in the script.  :(

I still don't understand how to separate a tank from a heli and a jet if I add them to the Military class and not allow a tank to spawn on a helipad.

Creating another spawn point marker isn't enough.

Please explain.

Also support for multiple markers and one spawn selection would be nice. For example you have 3 tank spawns but only need to select one spawn point and it will choose the first one that is empty instead of having a list of "tank spawn 1", "tank spawn 2" etc..

Added in the new version (will release soon), thanks for the idea.

By the way for now you can make multiple subclasses:

class MyShop
{
    class Jets
    {
        vehicles[] = {};
        spawnPoints[] = {};
    };

class Tanks
    {
        // Etc...
    };
};

Is there a way to spawn vehicles without cargo items? I know the commands but i don't know where i place them in the script.  :(

Added in the new version, it is now a parameter in the config to clear vehicle inventory or not up to mission makers, thanks.

Update

- v 1.1 -

Redo parts of dialog (some were complaining about the dialog being too small)

Support for multiple markers for vehicle spawning (the system will select first free spawn point), see HG_ShopCfg.h

Vehicle preview is now spawned in the air, it is no longer needed to have it on a flat surface

Support for different currency, see HG_ShopCfg.h

Ability to clear vehicle inventory when spawned or not, up to mission makers, see HG_ShopCfg.h

Ability to whitelist shops by ranks (waiting for feedback, is it a good idea?), see HG_ShopCfg.h

Better comments

Hello there HoverGuy! I must say i love your shop systems! Perfect timing as i was planning on what to do for my open world mission and found this on armaholic :D

I got a question though, Since im making a campaign and its impossible to be a one-mission type for me since it uses too many units that everything will just explode (Or break) is it possible for these vehicles to be persistent? Lets just say the player buys the car, It gets saved and the player can get it again for free (But with 10 minute delay if possible?) and or lets just say the player buys it and drives to one location that triggers another mission. Once the next mission load the car is still there. Is it possible? Im sorry for the confusing comment. Couldnt explain it properly :)

Im thinking "SaveVar" Could work but i dont really know much to be honest about persistency.

Thank you so much for your shop system scripts! They are extremely handy and fun to play around! (Especially the clothing shop system. Love it!)

Cheers!

Hello there HoverGuy! I must say i love your shop systems! Perfect timing as i was planning on what to do for my open world mission and found this on armaholic :D

I got a question though, Since im making a campaign and its impossible to be a one-mission type for me since it uses too many units that everything will just explode (Or break) is it possible for these vehicles to be persistent? Lets just say the player buys the car, It gets saved and the player can get it again for free (But with 10 minute delay if possible?) and or lets just say the player buys it and drives to one location that triggers another mission. Once the next mission load the car is still there. Is it possible? Im sorry for the confusing comment. Couldnt explain it properly :)

Im thinking "SaveVar" Could work but i dont really know much to be honest about persistency.

Thank you so much for your shop system scripts! They are extremely handy and fun to play around! (Especially the clothing shop system. Love it!)

Cheers!

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

I will add a virtual garage in the next update where you can store and retrieve vehicles you bought. Of course vehicles will be persistent (only for the active profile, each profile will have a different save variable).

What do you think?

• Like 1

Hi and thanks for your feedback.

I will add a virtual garage in the next update where you can store and retrieve vehicles you bought. Of course vehicles will be persistent (only for the active profile, each profile will have a different save variable).

What do you think?

Hello!

That sounds splendid! Definitely love the idea (Can't see why I haven't thought about that!)

It's also good to know that vehicles will be persistent :) Maybe there are work rounds for the vehicle to be taken to another mission at the same spot.

Love it! Can't wait for the update!

Cheers!

Update

- v 1.2 -
Persistent cash (toggleable), see HG_SVSS\Config\HG_Config.h
Persistent vehicles (toggleable), see HG_SVSS\Config\HG_Config.h
Cash display in HUD (toggleable), see HG_SVSS\Config\HG_Config.h
Ability to set start cash, see HG_SVSS\Config\HG_Config.h
Ability to give money to other players
Virtual garage
Ability to lock/unlock owned vehicles

• Like 1