a1994114a

Encountered a problem while trying to host non-dedicated internet coop mission

I knew that arma 3 uses 2302-2305 ports and I also knew that steam uses 3478,4379,4380, and 27000-27050 so I configured port forwarding in the router configuration webpage. The router is Bell Home Hub 2000 and it's IP address is 192.168.2.1

My computer is named Triumpher and its ip is static 192.168.2.16

This is a picture of such configuration

DMZ is off.

24428738084_5e7bc137cf_b.jpg

24428738384_f280eb8dee_z.jpg

I turned off the firewall on windows 8.1. Meanwhile I know another firewall within the router itself can potentially block the port but I haven't found any firewall setting in the router configuration page, so I guess there was no firewall in the router.

After that  I go to arma 3 multiplayer in-game and click new at the bottom left of the server browser. 

Then switch from LAN to internet and selected a game from the right side window and launched.
However, no one joined this game and when I checked ports 2302 and 2303 using website port checks, they all said the ports were closed.
So I think no one could actually see my game in the server browser and the result was considered a failure.
I don't think I can figure it out by myself.

Try changing the Local Ip Address section to your IP address. At first glance you seem to have done things right.

Is your IP public? Because I dont know how about Arma 3, But in Arma 2 you definitely need public IP to host via Internet. 

Ask your ISP to make your IP public. Its not expensive, but it costs some money.

Is your IP public? Because I dont know how about Arma 3, But in Arma 2 you definitely need public IP to host via Internet. 

Ask your ISP to make your IP public. Its not expensive, but it costs some money.

I don't know about that in Arma 3. i know all i had to do was create a static IP and do the port forwarding..

Try changing the Local Ip Address section to your IP address. At first glance you seem to have done things right.

I'm unable to change my computer's IP address to its external IP because on the router configuration page the first a few digits are fixed, which are 192.168.2 and I can only adjust the last digit.

I'm unable to change my computer's IP address to its external IP because on the router configuration page the first a few digits are fixed, which are 192.168.2 and I can only adjust the last digit.

Well thats pretty standart, i have it the same. Still people should be connecting to your router adress (not the PC adress) and that should be public, so they can find it.

I Had this problem after Gamespy died. i sudenly wasnt able to host via internet. For a while we used hamachi, but it was unconfortable, so after some consideration i payd for Public IP, and since then, i host both A2 and A3 via internet just ok.

Edit: You can also use Hamachi, or Tungle.

I knew that arma 3 uses 2302-2305 ports and I also knew that steam uses 3478,4379,4380, and 27000-27050 so I configured port forwarding in the router configuration webpage. The router is Bell Home Hub 2000 and it's IP address is 192.168.2.1

My computer is named Triumpher and its ip is static 192.168.2.16

This is a picture of such configuration

DMZ is off.

I turned off the firewall on windows 8.1. Meanwhile I know another firewall within the router itself can potentially block the port but I haven't found any firewall setting in the router configuration page, so I guess there was no firewall in the router.

After that  I go to arma 3 multiplayer in-game and click new at the bottom left of the server browser. 

Then switch from LAN to internet and selected a game from the right side window and launched.
However, no one joined this game and when I checked ports 2302 and 2303 using website port checks, they all said the ports were closed.
So I think no one could actually see my game in the server browser and the result was considered a failure.
I don't think I can figure it out by myself.

Your computer IP is only for the communications between your router and your computer (btw this IP is always static and usually can be manually changed and has nothing to with public internet connections).

Do you know your public (internet) IP, do you know if is static? From your public IP is possible to see if your server was ever online, Do you know the name that you gave to your server?