JohnF

Edit Altis Island?

Hi everyone!

I am new to this Forum and after about 24 hours of searching the web (with no sleep and almost no break) I've given up the search and start this topic in the little hope, some might be able to help me.. :)

I want to host an edited version of the Altis-Map to play Altis-Life (4.3) on it. I found out how to add new Objects and Buildings and stuff. I even *proudly* found out how to destroy objects and what the scripting-engine is working like. (That's all in 24 hours^^)

But the very most important information I seek is missing:

How do I entirely remove [existing] objects (e. g. Buildings, Roads) on the map?

> In X-Cam they are red and not move/copyable.

> I am not able to open the Altis-Map (wrp-file) in Vision 3 (did not tried Vision 2 yet)

What module/program/source do I need? Maybe some sort of third-party 3D modeller that gives me virtual access to the built map?

Thanks in advance,

John

//hide some objects with map id
{
    _obj = [0,0,0] nearestObject _x; 
    hideObjectGlobal _obj;
}
foreach 
[
]

This hides the objects, but does not remove them. But still, when you play they are not there. No collision etc.

• Like 1

Wow thanks. This works perfect!!

There is also this method

Add a invisible helipad somewhere on the map and the code in it:

//1779863 is coordinates for the building u want removed

this enableSimulation false; this allowDamage false; delh = [0,0,0] nearestObject 1779863; delh hideObject true;

This is the exact same thing, exect it requires an object and hast to be run on every client.( no need to disable damage/simulation since there is non an a invisible helipad).

I am sorry but your method is like telling somebody use: 5+5+5+5+5 instead of 5*5.

The result is the same but it requires more effort.