t.a.6

What text editor are you using?

7 hours ago, Tankbuster said:

It pains me greatly to say this, but Poseidon is apparently abandonware. The previously talkative @Tom_48_97 hasn't replied to the Poseidon thread since August year before last. Even if he's tagged, it gets ignored. I propose that doing this is henceforth known as doing a @klamacz. See here.

If I'm honest, I had a sinking feeling that this would happen when he because officially BI team. Ho hum.

So I'm moving to Visual Studio as that appears to have the next best level IDE for SQF.

Very few commands/functions are missing in Poseidon (sublime text2) and it's handy to strike F1 to jump into the BIKI reference for any of them.

Not sure I'd like to move at this time.

I didn't move as such. I just finished building my new gaming PC and when it came to reinstalling everything, I had to decide to go with Poseidon again or make a fresh start somewhere else.

All the commands since 1.73 are missing. It's not so much the missing commands that inconvenience me as the fact that he's getting notifications that he's being tagged in his own thread and he's just ignoring them. That's pretty rude IMO. I have made suggestions, given feedback and found bugs in Poseidon so there's a little bit of me (and indeed everyone who has done the same) and my time and effort in the application and now it's been tossed aside. I don't like that. If it's no longer in development, he should come and say so.

@HazJ  has been very helpful setting up Visual Studio for me and the F1 functionality is available from a right click on a command in the editor. There's nothing it can't do that Poseidon can.

Visual Code, not Visual Studio. But yeah. 😁

49 minutes ago, HazJ said:

Visual Code, not Visual Studio. But yeah. 😁

Visual Studio Code :yay:

I'm also using that btw. It's da best.

• Like 1

Is it possible to open the FSM editor from Notepad ++? I failed to add this in (tools?). I'm testing this editor.

1 hour ago, Dedmen said:

Visual Studio Code :yay:

I'm also using that btw. It's da best.

The cool peeps call it VS Code 😁

Visual Studio is something completely different. Was just clarifying.