This mod has been put on hold until we can gather enough support to get the modeling and texture work needed complete, we refuse to release something that will lack great quality. Sorry for the news and thanks for all the support, hopefully we can tell you guys something different at some point. 

-EA6B Team

Time to work on this soon-ish? Any luck finding people to work on this?

Time to work on this soon-ish? Any luck finding people to work on this?

If you would stop asking for updates (which is forbidden by the forum rules), we might get around doing some work on it. But at the moment the Growler is the main priority!

• Like 2

hey not to be rude or anything

but is this mod dead or under development still because my buddys and I want to play this amazing mod

Edited by ghostrider4515

15 minutes ago, ghostrider4515 said:

but is this mod dead or under development still because my buddys and I want to play this amazing mod

Look at the post directly above yours. Asking for updates is against the forum rules. 

2 hours ago, ghostrider4515 said:

Hey there! We all get excited so I dont mind giving you an update haha. Nobody has came to me to continue the project, and I am extremely busy with real life & wrapping up the EA-18G. So this project is in fact dead until someone wants to pick it back up & work with/lead my team. Most of the animations where complete. But thats where it is at. 

Flanders what all does this need?  Feel free to either PM me or reply to me on discord.

• Like 1

Hey everybody! I am excited to say that this project has been handed over to TeTeT, and that he will finish it. 

2B911C28782B84E50B3C01586A326532F9C1C63B

E3738657252DF0147F9886293794EC84E5A1759D

• Like 17

In the safest of hands, best of luck TeTeT.

• Like 4

Currently the EA-6B is used as a an experimental test bed for weaponry taking advantage of the sensors overhaul on dev branch. First experiments were quite promising, with help from oukej and Chortles the Prowler was able to engage a Tigris on Stratis without activating its radar. The current configs are available at http://tetet.de/arma/arma3/Download/unsung/EA6B/ They are in a very crude shape right now. 

My current planes for the Prowler are, that it will make an appearance in the Unsung mod as well as a standalone release for a later 80ies-90ies time period. Given that the upcoming Jets DLC will have quite an impact on the planes, do not expect any sudden releases though. 

As a teaser, here two screenshots from weapon testing on Stratis (don't examine closely the weapon proxies or anything ;)

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/182794793960194056/32688EAF8439B1B19515E2CF9F469709D1DA1ADE/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/182794793960194286/BD9144FC841EA90464FF3623F915897558FA7D4C/

• Like 8

The Queer.....finally coming. Nice! I like that bit about not being detected by the Tigris until too late. Ahh curtains to the SAM's and guns..........

• Like 1

@TeTeT Do you plan to have a modern day version of the EA6 since the marine corp still uses it to this day for SEAD?

Yes, once the Unsung EA-6B is finished, we look forward to provide a stand alone modern variant as well. But this will take some time, do not expect any release before autumn or even end of year.

• Like 4

You never know what might be out there... Many modders wont tell on there projects until release, Although whether it be tomorrow or in a years time, Somewhere and someone will upload a EA-6B for everyone to enjoy.

While there has been next to no progress on the EA-6 project in the past months, there are some good news. I recently patched together a cockpit for the upcoming and revived Unsung OV-10. With this knowledge I should be able to transfer the Unsung A-6 cockpit onto the EA-6 and modify it. This would move the bird one step closer to completion. 

I've also been thinking of a testbed electronic warfare mission for the EA-6 and potentially EKA-3. It's a bit early yet to know if it's a good approach, but hope is there definitely.

The first release of the EA-6 will certainly happen within Unsung, but time wise I think it's pretty much 2019 rather than 2018.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 9/25/2018 at 2:56 PM, TeTeT said:

While there has been next to no progress on the EA-6 project in the past months, there are some good news. I recently patched together a cockpit for the upcoming and revived Unsung OV-10. With this knowledge I should be able to transfer the Unsung A-6 cockpit onto the EA-6 and modify it. This would move the bird one step closer to completion. 

I've also been thinking of a testbed electronic warfare mission for the EA-6 and potentially EKA-3. It's a bit early yet to know if it's a good approach, but hope is there definitely.

The first release of the EA-6 will certainly happen within Unsung, but time wise I think it's pretty much 2019 rather than 2018.

Apon the release of the aircraft, Will it have the same electronic warfare pods, If not similar to firewills EA-18G, Even then the same system he used?

Will there be functionality for comms jamming with TFAR and ACRE?

On 28.9.2018 at 12:24 AM, AidenPlayz606 said:

Apon the release of the aircraft, Will it have the same electronic warfare pods, If not similar to firewills EA-18G, Even then the same system he used?

On 3.10.2018 at 6:14 PM, sargken said:

Will there be functionality for comms jamming with TFAR and ACRE?

Nothing has been decided yet on these topics. I have some hopes for a custom electronic warfare mission and integrate that into the mod, if it's working. TFAR and ACRE jamming largely depends if those mods expose those functions, haven't looked into that yet.

• Like 1

I recently started to work on the cockpit of the EA-6B and have to admit that my naive copy/paste approach from existing cockpit does not do the plane justice. Hence I'm looking for alternative ways to source a cockpit for the Prowler. I'll keep this thread updated on any progress.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ShadowSix said:

F-14s are out of US service, but Firewill's Tomcat pack is one of the most downloaded on Steam Workshop! 😛

Not to mention the impact of DCS F-14 tomorrow 🙂

Back on topic, meantime I've reached out to some modellers to see if there's interest in getting the EA-6B cockpit up to speed and if it's affordable to me or not.