Omg WORST PLANE EVARRRRRRRRRRRR.

Just kidding.  Looks good, man.  Keep at it.

Hey guys, so since my pictures from google  arent working, ill use steam

I have started using postimage.org which works VERY well.  :)

I have started using postimage.org which works VERY well.  :)

Havent heard of that one, do you need an account? And thanks for all the comments guys, looks like you guys are excited already and its barely flyable! haha

• Like 2

Hey everyone, some things have been done, but not much. Ive been concentrating on the Growler so progress on the Prowler has been quite slow. Anyway, here is a screenie

29AC1D26ED8918099F4537D8224EF77266BB24B6 Big things in progress

-Exterior cockpit texture

-Figuring the back seats out

-load out menu

-Textures

-Gear animations

-Speed brake/aileron animations (help with these would be awesome)

-Few other animations

I am looking for anyone who would like to help me on this project. Please pm me on here if you want to join, any help is appreciated. There are a lot of complicated things on this aircraft. 

• Like 10

-Figuring the back seats out

-load out menu

-Textures

-Gear animations

-Speed brake/aileron animations (help with these would be awesome)

-Few other animations

I am looking for anyone who would like to help me on this project. Please pm me on here if you want to join, any help is appreciated. There are a lot of complicated things on this aircraft. 

Those animations should all be share-able from my work on the Unsung A6.  While the model author doesn't allow the model to be shared outside of Unsung, I did all the animations... I remember fondly the hair-pulling to get them working only to find I had to redo them for the wing fold animations :)  Tetet should have access to the model.cfg stuff but feel free to ask me about them.  I know the "ailerons" were technically called spoilers or sometimes "speed dumpers".  This diagram is helpful in case you haven't already found it:

https://sobchak.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/a6intruder_cutaway.jpg

Like I said the model.cfg I built for the Unsung is my work so I'll be happy to share.  The wing folds were a bit of a challenge, more work since everything had to be cut in half.

Havent heard of that one, do you need an account? And thanks for all the comments guys, looks like you guys are excited already and its barely flyable! haha

I signed up but it either keeps me logged in or doesn't need a login.  I can post pics with the "login" prompt.

Also, my bulldozer viewer is broken from the last update, which makes it a pain to test my animations and what not. I have to pack it into a pbo EVERY single time I want to see if what I did is correct. So Im crossing my fingers that is fixed soon.  

I hadthe same issue, go to A3 Tools Dev Branch, it will fix it.

Plane looks greast :)

• Like 1

What weapons are planned for this? Looks Good!

Will it have any bomb-racks on it?  Like a bigger A-6-ish thing?  I would like to see Cup-ejector-seats in this!  Would look amazing....

Think A-3 Tools is getting better and better....but this constantly up-dating stuff ,breaks stuff much,just to gain -not so much, quite often.

Will your plane fly in the air or just taxi on the ground?  YOu know it would be neat if you made the engines work too.  And other stuff.  And things.  LOL

I sent you a PM.  I'll check on a few things.

• Like 2

What weapons are planned for this? Looks Good!

Will it have any bomb-racks on it?  Like a bigger A-6-ish thing?  I would like to see Cup-ejector-seats in this!  Would look amazing....

Think A-3 Tools is getting better and better....but this constantly up-dating stuff ,breaks stuff much,just to gain -not so much, quite often.

Anything thats on the actual Prowler is planned, the Intruder is a different aircraft with different roles although they are based off the same airframe. UNSUNG is doing an A-6, so Id look there.

Will your plane fly in the air or just taxi on the ground?  YOu know it would be neat if you made the engines work too.  And other stuff.  And things.  LOL

I sent you a PM.  I'll check on a few things.

Thanks! :)

• Like 2

I'm not scripting expert but i thought of something that might be useful for the Growler and prowler

Since the aircraft on the most part are passive (they dont attack) it might be a good idea to give them a "recon" script. It would work along the lines of how the AC-130 works in the USAF mod.

You would climb to a good altitude engage the script  and then the plane will auto circle around (for example 2k radius). You may be thinking "well the EW officer will be able to use his camera anyway" (depending on if the planes will have a camera) While yes that is true. 

but the pilot will be circling around with not much to do during an operation (presuming that the Growlers assistance would be required for the duration of an operation). It would be more useful for them to get another set of eyes on the battlefield below then having him circling around and around. 

Just a thought :)

• Like 2

Hey everyone, Peral in the background without me knowing did a ton of work. He added

- All animations (Gear, flaps, speed brakes, etc)

-Shadows

-Added 2 rear seat EWOs

Things being worked on

-Exterior cockpit textures

-Fixing an issue where the plane tips backwards when the plane starts

-Fixing an issue where the elevators animate in two oppisite directions

-Loadout menu

18EB34C0B720A8F29978D9F4622304445E791A13F2A0692BB66F4AB86661F756F34C8FCE2920EA0A

• Like 10

I'm not scripting expert but i thought of something that might be useful for the Growler and prowler

Since the aircraft on the most part are passive (they dont attack) it might be a good idea to give them a "recon" script. It would work along the lines of how the AC-130 works in the USAF mod.

You would climb to a good altitude engage the script  and then the plane will auto circle around (for example 2k radius). You may be thinking "well the EW officer will be able to use his camera anyway" (depending on if the planes will have a camera) While yes that is true. 

but the pilot will be circling around with not much to do during an operation (presuming that the Growlers assistance would be required for the duration of an operation). It would be more useful for them to get another set of eyes on the battlefield below then having him circling around and around. 

Just a thought :)

I like that idea, will consider it. 

• Like 1

Those animations should all be share-able from my work on the Unsung A6.  

Thats awesome of you to share your work Pookie, looking forward to seeing this mod in game, and nice to see someone helping like that. 

Well contrary to what some people think, this is NOT a competition ;)  Besides the more "real world" things added the better, right? 

Flanders I wanted to also mention and keep forgetting is the "detect" scripts I have developed for a few of my vehicles.  Namely, the Tu-95 which should be ready to fly once the missile box import is completed later this year.  The "detect" script for that is a sonobuoy script that drops a sonobuoy, and when deployed, sends a "reveal" command to all of the squad leaders and vehicles. I filter it down a little and give a bit of randomization to it, but the main focus is for the sonobuoy to reveal targets as it would in Real Life. 

Thinking ahead - the same script could easily be developed into an AWACS / EW type of script which could run on a loop, or have a cooldown timer to keep it from being spammed by people.  It could "reveal" the enemy targets as a start.  I chose to send the data to all vehicles and squad leaders on the notion they would be the ones w/ the correct radio equipment.  Presto you have an early-warning detector for the plane.

Tet and I have already discussed the missile spoofing deal from Franze's original scripts... eager to see those developed further as I simply don't have the time to work out the details right now  :)   However my Flankers will eventually need that spoofing technology.  Speaking of which, as the EA-6B is technically an AWACS role / electronic warfare platform, I intend to add the classnames to my SAM pack's antri-radar missiles.  Those Kh-31 "anti AWACS" missiles need some targets to chew on :)  One thing that we obviously don't have much information about, is how easy it is to spoof that class of missiles.  Since their role is a dedicated AWACS killer, one would think they have some way to counter any spoofing technology... maybe not.  All that stuff is classified info.  However an interesting thought!

• Like 3

If you ever wanted a AWACS - it is going to be in the 

Erieye -Saab radar AEW&C

It`s in the SAM-mod .The swedish guys are making it.Next release,maybe.

The RHS-mod is making a real radar~8km range or so.These scripts will come in handy,quite soon.

Well contrary to what some people think, this is NOT a competition ;)  Besides the more "real world" things added the better, right? 

Flanders I wanted to also mention and keep forgetting is the "detect" scripts I have developed for a few of my vehicles.  Namely, the Tu-95 which should be ready to fly once the missile box import is completed later this year.  The "detect" script for that is a sonobuoy script that drops a sonobuoy, and when deployed, sends a "reveal" command to all of the squad leaders and vehicles. I filter it down a little and give a bit of randomization to it, but the main focus is for the sonobuoy to reveal targets as it would in Real Life. 

Thinking ahead - the same script could easily be developed into an AWACS / EW type of script which could run on a loop, or have a cooldown timer to keep it from being spammed by people.  It could "reveal" the enemy targets as a start.  I chose to send the data to all vehicles and squad leaders on the notion they would be the ones w/ the correct radio equipment.  Presto you have an early-warning detector for the plane.

Tet and I have already discussed the missile spoofing deal from Franze's original scripts... eager to see those developed further as I simply don't have the time to work out the details right now  :)   However my Flankers will eventually need that spoofing technology.  Speaking of which, as the EA-6B is technically an AWACS role / electronic warfare platform, I intend to add the classnames to my SAM pack's antri-radar missiles.  Those Kh-31 "anti AWACS" missiles need some targets to chew on :)  One thing that we obviously don't have much information about, is how easy it is to spoof that class of missiles.  Since their role is a dedicated AWACS killer, one would think they have some way to counter any spoofing technology... maybe not.  All that stuff is classified info.  However an interesting thought!

ill talk to Tetet about that, I sent you a steam friends request as well. I really appreciate all the help from you guys at UNSUNG.

Hey everyone, just a quick update

All the issues I announced last week have been fixed (thanks to tetet for fixing a few) but other then that not much progress has been made as everyone is pretty busy. Hoping we can get some work done this week. Thanks for all the support and reccomendations. Also, this is a separate mod from the USN mod and has has no attachment to the USN mod. It just happens a few of the USN mod guys are on the team for this and the Growler and I help with the USN stuff when I can.

• Like 5

Kh-31s aren't anti-AWACS missiles.  They don't have the kinematic performance to actually hit an air target.

Kh-31s aren't anti-AWACS missiles.  They don't have the kinematic performance to actually hit an air target.

With all due respect, I'd take issue with that statement, shomu1. You should note that AWACs aren't fighters and there's no need to have highly maneuverable missiles to hit them. Anyway, unconfirmed source says that one of its variant is capable of 3.5Ma speed in ARM at alt 15000m and 2.5Ma speed in AS mode as sea level, also capable of 15G maneouvers. Another source says its seeker technology and active laser proximity fuse is suitable for anti-AWACS role and just needs adjustments for fuse timing. What's more the new enhanced version has range of 135NMI and it seems that US-based improvements of "target drone" version (MA-31) were exploited by Russians. On the other hand, in 2004 Tactical Missile Corporation "denied that it had ever worked on A2A version of Kh-31". Well, that might be the truth as some ppl name the new "anti-AWACS" version as a R-31P ;)

To sum up, I'd say there are no reasons to believe nowadays the Russians don't have access to enough manpower or advanced missiles technology to make such improvement. My understanding is that the NATO so-called "dispersed advantage in the air" is based on belief in AWACS EW&C2 role. If the Russians could wiped out AWACS net from the sky or just push them back due to a danger posed by R-31P, they would gain significant advantage over NATO air forces. That's why I believe that Russians'd been seeking to invent long range anti-AWACS killer for decades and they made it eventually. I don't know whether it is R-31P or different class missile but it's clearly seems to me that Kh-31 has capabilities to become an anti-AWACS killer.

• Like 1

I happen to know a few things about Russian ARM weapons as that is a vital part of my SAM Pack.

To be clear, Russia has 2 different models of Kh-31 (aka AS-17 Krypton).  One is a radar attack missile (homes in on radar emissions) and is capable of an ARM or anti-AWACS role.  So in real life, this means taking out Patriot radars, AWACS, etc. etc.  The other Kh-31 model functions as a standard anti-shipping missile, providing high-speed attack of armed ASM targets.  If you want to get REALLY technical there are about 4-5 different models with slightly different characteristics.  Of course, making this work in-game is what my ARM scripts (in my SAM pack) are all about.  Basically makes a "near entities" check then if the class type is detected, the scripts will EITHER fire the missile at the BVR target, OR will simply record the target which can then be attacked or avoided depending on the need.  It works.  It is script-dependant, but it works.

Supporting information:

The State Scientific Production Center Zvezda-Strela has upgraded the air-to-surface supersonic ASM Kh-31A NATO: AS-17 Krypton). Recently a variant of the air-to-air class based on the Kh-31 was made available, equipped with a hybrid active-passive guidance head for use against nonmaneuvering airborne targets such as AWACS (passive guidance) from far distances. The range of this missile is 200 km. The unofficial designation of this missile is 'mini-Moskit'. The Kh-31A missile has been developed from the technologies of the 1970-80s.

http://fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/missile/row/as-17.htm

and...

[]... ramjet powered Kh-31P (AS-17 Krypton) was originally designed as an anti-radiation missile to suppress NATO Patriot and I-Hawk batteries, entering use in 1988.

http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Rus-ASM.html#mozTocId784856

Flanders, as I'm moving this coming week it will be some time before I can really sit down and assist.  The basis of the spoofing scripts was two-fold - we were going to start w/ a custom flare weapon w/ no 3D model or effect, basically giving a flare CM effect w/o the visuals.  Not ideal, IMO.  The other part of the discussion was to examine Franze's Su-22 spoofing scripts, which based on some random / semi-random conditions would "activate" and cause the incoming missiles to do a simple setDir and setVector so they would be randomly re-directed.  MUCH better approach IMO.  Franze's Su-22 scripts are pretty old so they really need to be examined to determine the criteria to spoof the missiles.  setDir and setVector are easy... I think the criteria to decide if the jammer can effectively spoof a missile will be the trick... if you make it where the ECM pod is active, AND give it a cooldown so it isn't a "complete wipe" of all missiles, there are several things you could add to determine if the missile can be spoofed.  Stuff like that.  I do something kind of similar in my SAM pack, to determine if the radar will order the launcher to fire at any given target.  Just several loops.  IDEALLY, once you get it scripted, it can be put into a function so the script only runs 1x per session... avoids script lag :)

Regardless I would be glad to help, but like I said it will be some time before I can sit down and help out.  Unless you guys hammer out a script this weekend :D

• Like 2

Hello i am wondering if this is still in development and if it is still in development if i could get a possible ETA?

Hello i am wondering if this is still in development and if it is still in development if i could get a possible ETA?

This is temporarily on hold until the Growler is finished, so long way away on this one.