Aniallator

Faster/more realistic way for AI to land helos?

It annoys the hell out of me the way the AI lands helos: it hovers 50 meters directly above the spot you want it to land for a solid five seconds, then makes a slow descent, turning in the process. Is there anything I can use - mod, script, whatever - to make the AI land helos more realistically, and faster? Not this ridiculous hover-for-eternity followed by slow descent? A normal helo landing, i.e. helo approaches LZ while simultaneously descending, and not at snail pace?

• Like 1

AI is not good at flying at low altitude, thus it would collide if there is something in the path of the approach. That's why hover is a safer bet.

AI is pretty derpy in general, so this could be a good mod idea for someone to create. "Less Derpy AI"

It annoys the hell out of me the way the AI lands helos: it hovers 50 meters directly above the spot you want it to land for a solid five seconds, then makes a slow descent, turning in the process. Is there anything I can use - mod, script, whatever - to make the AI land helos more realistically, and faster? Not this ridiculous hover-for-eternity followed by slow descent? A normal helo landing, i.e. helo approaches LZ while simultaneously descending, and not at snail pace?

Yeah as the other guys said, AI are going to do what AI are going to do "Be stupid". You can however in the waypoints, slowly decrease the altitude in waypoint and that will give the slow descend feeling that you want.

• Like 1