glocks999

why are all servers running high/ultra settings?

Have you tried using your client-side options to reduce the graphics? Some servers offer server-side options as well, in your case, I'd recommend looking for a server that does.

Then again, it's common game-nature to potentially perform like potato on multiplayer servers, and this is usually down to the server's specs, not your specs.

As to why they mostly run on high/ultra settings; why because it looks better of course. ;)

In what way do the servers graphics option affect the clients...? Except for viewdistance or grass/no grass?

In what way do the servers graphics option affect the clients...? Except for viewdistance or grass/no grass?

They don't. I think some people are just confused as to why their FPS is el crappo in MP because they don't understand its not their machine that sucks, its the server thats probably running on a low-power xeon or something that isn't clocked very high.

• Like 2

They don't. I think some people are just confused as to why their FPS is el crappo in MP because they don't understand its not their machine that sucks, its the server thats probably running on a low-power xeon or something that isn't clocked very high.

Or it could just be the fact that expecting the same level of performance that you get in Singleplayer to happen in Multiplayer is so,etching that isn't a realistic in a game of this scope. Granted however I remember playing on some servers that felt absolutely butter smooth performance wise compared to the rest