I have permission to use the building in Santa Catalina island, however I would only use them for the commercial buildings, not houses as the houses are not enter-able. Someone has only told me that they are working on learning how to 3d model. I also hope to contact Mattaust in hoped to use some custom buildings, mainly houses.

The biggest thing with some of these new buildings that are coming out I'd that they look almost like a 'toy'. I'm not sure how bad the texturing if building assets are but I'm hoping to have a house ready to show in about a week.

Also Sunday I will let you guys know where I plan on doing the terrain. First one wont be the best as I am still figuring out the tools but I plan on doing a few.

The biggest thing with some of these new buildings that are coming out I'd that they look almost like a 'toy'. I'm not sure how bad the texturing if building assets are but I'm hoping to have a house ready to show in about a week.

It looks like a toy because its too "clean", lol. Had a Euro friend jokingly ask me if all American houses are that tidy in appearance, and I laughed for a bit..

Also Sunday I will let you guys know where I plan on doing the terrain. First one wont be the best as I am still figuring out the tools but I plan on doing a few.

May I make a suggestion?

It looks like a toy because its too "clean", lol. Had a Euro friend jokingly ask me if all American houses are that tidy in appearance, and I laughed for a bit..

May I make a suggestion?

I am planning on making my assets run down and kind of derelict. Feel like we need more of those as we have enough prim and proper looking houses. (If I can get it to look right)

May I make a suggestion?

Yes.

Yes.

I assume you already have a location in mind, but could you try add some decent lakes/streams? It'll kind of give some variety and give some extra scenery to the map. Cherno's lakes were pretty cool and added some nice scenery. Shame there weren't more. And please don't neglect railways if your doing a rural map. Rural America has plenty of them and they provide a alternative footpath for travel vs roads and woods.

Thanks for making this map. Its really nice somebody decided to focus on western terrain.

he means that starting work on an island and later finding out that the assets available are from a different movie altogether will be frustrating. 

that being said, making buildings is not that hard, just a bit time consuming. i might actually get a patreon up for this very reason, if there is a need for custom island making assets (buildings, vegetation, rocks etc).

I'd love to support you on Patreon, PUFU. Hopefully, some beer money would be enough :) The island makers are in dire need of new terrain assets / building. I suppose modelling experts can deliver those very fast :)