Robin DR 400

This version is discontinued, find the new one included here

Robin DR 400 

This is a port of Helijah's FlightGear Robin DR 400 

Credits/Thanks to: 
Helijah for the model and textures http://helijah.free.fr 
Christian Thiriot, Brett Harrison, Laurent Hayvel for textures 
Alwarren for the Blender Toolbox 
Arma 3 port by [Dust]Sabre https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/188022-robin-dr-400/ 

Required addons

Sabre's Aircraft Library

This addon for Arma 3 is released under CC-BY-SA 
The authors of this addon give no warranty

Downloads:

This version is discontinued, find the new one included here

news_download_a3_3.png

banner-420x120.png

Edited by [Dust]Sabre
  • Like 8

thanks!

Known issues are:

- only some instruments are working, and those may show inaccurate values : )

- flight model is WIP

any others I'd be glad to know.

Hi,

I really like this plane.

Thanks for your work.

I only noticed the bugs you have already said.

- The instruments

- The Sabre typical tilting to the front :D

There is something else I noticed but it isnt really a bug.

When you have two passengers in the back, they sit inside each other.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3o86z0l0xn4e3cn/arma3%202016-02-13%2012-46-32.jpg?dl=0

Yea that tilting, i managed to remove it from some planes. It's not coupled to CoG i think, seems to be connected to envelope settings.

Check the vanilla planes. they have it too depending on their speed afaik.

Yep, it is a tiny plane. the arma people are too large. i might scale it up by 1.1 or something.

Oh and of course the complete absence of proper materials/shaders etc.. Once I master that I will update some planes.

I am currently experimenting with materials on the T-28. It will take a few weeks/months though probably.

Ha funny. We had that plane in the flightschool where I instructed for some time.

oh great, could you comment on the behaviour maybe : )? is it too agile or too slow etc?

Wow ! Such a nice mod !! :) great addition to the game. Only flaw, it's hard to turn on ground.

Are you planning to add it some improvements ? Like stall alarm etc ?

Also, if you plan to add more GA plane Rocket Maule for A2 is a good base, just ask him for the model.

I can easily change the turning sensitivity on ground. No, I have no idea how that would be done.

Plans are to add/animate some more instruments and fix the values the current ones display.

Right now I am busy with creating some planes to match the sopwith camel. Maybe some other time : )

If you plan to add a stall alarm one day check the Maule! There was one on it

oh great, could you comment on the behaviour maybe : )? is it too agile or too slow etc?

Ill check it out

I'm a DR400-120 pilot, I haven't checked your mod out yet but I intend to as soon as I'm back on my gaming PC.

If you need some comments on the mod's flight model and such I'd be eager to help :)

Was a DR400-140B pilot 2 years ago. Model is awesome, only need the beautifull colors of my Club :P

Flight Model is correct, but speed is too high. Mine was cruising at approx 210Km/h.

Also flaps create a great brake on the original aircraft.

Nice mod Sabre !!!!

:wub:

I tried the mod and I have to note the same thing as dlang, the flight model is good although the plane should be far more sluggish when approaching stall speed, but what hit me the most was the speed and acceleration. The standard cruising speed of a DR400-120 is around 185km/h and while if you're on a hurry you can push it to ~200km/h you would be using a lot more fuel. And again as dlang said, while the first increment of flaps doesn't change much the flight dynamics full flaps results in one hell of a brake for the aircraft and you have to push the throttle quite a way forward IRL to keep the approach speed.

Apart from theses details that you couldn't know if you haven't been in one of these, the model looks really good and I'd love to fly around the different maps in such an aircraft. I can't wait to see this mod become complete. :)

Someone else have the problem, that the texture for the destructed / damaged plane is missing?

Tested on a multiplayer server.

3:24:45 Warning Message: Cannot load texture e:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3 tools\sab_robindr400\data\destruct_surface.paa.
23:24:45 Warning Message: Cannot load texture e:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3 tools\sab_robindr400\data\destr_glass_armour2_half_ca.paa.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xqlfdq2wm8li2h0/arma3%202016-02-14%2023-25-35.jpg?dl=0

Confirmed with textures missing on destroyed model.

Otherwise one awesome plane to fly! Possible to reduce wheel grip on the ground a bit?

Great work, indeed. I guess Heartbroken has nailed it pretty much. The Arma-DR400 is pretty damn fast. About the sensetivity, I guess it is good. Long time ago I've flown one of these tho. I would have commented on the scale and ground handling as well but you guys already did. Anyway, good work, keep it up and I belive we'll have a great plane on the way.

Yea that tilting, i managed to remove it from some planes. It's not coupled to CoG i think, seems to be connected to envelope settings.

Check the vanilla planes. they have it too depending on their speed afaik.

Yep, it is a tiny plane. the arma people are too large. i might scale it up by 1.1 or something.

Oh and of course the complete absence of proper materials/shaders etc.. Once I master that I will update some planes.

I am currently experimenting with materials on the T-28. It will take a few weeks/months though probably.

I'm hijacking this request :D

About the different registrations letters, the "F-" and XXXX at refers to a plane registered in France. It's different for every country, for exemple, if the plane had been registered in Greece, its registration would start with "SX-" and then 3 letters (XXX). Have a link: https://en.wikipedia...ft_registration

About the model now, it sure is pretty looking :D

But:

_The size, I'm 1,87m and my head easily touches the ceiling of the cockpit.

0607-210.jpg

So you're pretty good there. (not me in the bird, for more precise references, I dug up a picture at the bottom of this post)

_The elevators are actually the entire horizontal stabilisers, the very small elevators behind that are used for pitch trimming. (see next picture)

_I do believe the flaps in landing setting are a bit lower than right now.

2909-410.jpg

_There is an additional collision light (white) fixed on the rudder that you can kind of see here: 200050.jpg

_Have a picture of some instrumentation as well

tdb_hash_01.jpg

Also I went into the manual to get you those two: UDvDRlX.pngxbs0l22.png

As for the behavior of the aircraft: It feels a little fast but the anemometer tells me wrong, it seems alright. But the arma plane flight model (or lack thereof) makes it hard to compare with the real thing. Also there is no aibrakes on it but than again, arma flight system makes it hard to lose speed with air resistance alone.

section edit: as people have noticed, the issue might come from the acceleration)

Hope this helps :)

(All pictures are of my club's planes, so consider the livery for your next skin :P )

~poy (or arziben)

• Like 1

thanks Fox, and thanks for all the pictures and additional infos arziben!

This plane is originally from flight gear and made by Helijah, that explains why there are a bunch of french registrations. I just ported it into arma. That's also why the scale is good, it is just the arma characters are quite large and I have no other sitting animations yet. I might consider scaling the plane up very slightly, so they fit in better.

Someone else noticed, that you will explode if you roll fast and turn hard to the left / right?

step 1: someone tells me it turns to slow on ground,

step 2: i change it,

step 3: now i get a vid about a bug : )

why would you want to turn at high speeds while on ground : D?

in arma logic an explosion is what I would expect as a result.