Tankbuster

steam client goes offline when game updater runs

Nothing more than a minor annoyance, but my steam client goes offline when game updater is running and downloading the daily dev build.

Only shutting it down and restarting it will bring it back online and then it insists on steam password entry. :(

This is because Steam doesn't allow the same account to be connected twice on the same computer meaning when a new connection is initialized, the previous one is cut. Initially, I wanted to shutdown the Steam client just before the update and restart it once it can be connected however I decided not to do it because it would also mean shutting down every launched games too.

Edit: Things being considered, it could be an option  :292:

• Like 1

This is because Steam doesn't allow the same account to be connected twice on the same computer meaning when a new connection is initialized, the previous one is cut. Initially, I wanted to shutdown the Steam client just before the update and restart it once it can be connected however I decided not to do it because it would also mean shutting down every launched games too.

Edit: Things being considered, it could be an option  :292:

I see, but to get steam to reconnect, you have to shut down and restart steam, which means shutting down every launched game anyway.