Sign in to follow this  
djotacon

Congrats to the devs!!

Overhauled sounds.

New 3d occlusion system from Enfusion engine

Decorate functions....

I'm a happy man!

Too bad positive threads like this gain much less attention than the constant bitching of the ignorant around the forums. People love drama all too much.

• Like 2

Too bad positive threads like this gain much less attention than the constant bitching of the ignorant around the forums. People love drama all too much.

Maybe because there really isn't much to discuss when it comes to positive threads like this.

• Like 2

Everybody knows that all the things we aren’t "bitching" about are good things.

Nobody like Yello with a good Ballantines. ;)

Ever since gran turismo 4, I've been wondering what this song was. So thanks for that!

And I agree on the good job by the devs  :ok:

Yeah but but but fps optimisation waaahh waaahhh.

Why? Just didn't feel right arma being praised with no pissing and moaning . :D

Ever since gran turismo 4, I've been wondering what this song was. So thanks for that!

And I agree on the good job by the devs  :ok:

Yello is one of greatest electronic music duo of all times, mixing conga, salsa, with electronic keyboards and samples "classic".

His name "Yello" is spanish means ice ("hielo" in spanish) best served with a good Ballantines.. :D

And this is one "Oh yeah" is one most famous song/compositons ever.

Speaking about GT 4 try play a race game this another great compo of this electro-duo:

Yeah but but but fps optimisation waaahh waaahhh.

One step after another.

I can't wait for the new occlusion system, that thing (if it works out) is going to optimize city areas soooooooo much.

I'm not familiar with this decorate function though.

The parallax changes also deserve mention, its nice to see the technique used more widely on terrain with varying, subtle heights and the effect smoother and rendered further away so it doesn't warp the terrain in front of you. 

And of course.. https://twitter.com/maruksp/status/677891075487453184jaw dropping for graphics whores like meself.

I can't wait for the new occlusion system, that thing (if it works out) is going to optimize city areas soooooooo much.

I'm not familiar with this decorate function though.

The parallax changes also deserve mention, its nice to see the technique used more widely on terrain with varying, subtle heights and the effect smoother and rendered further away so it doesn't warp the terrain in front of you. 

And of course.. https://twitter.com/maruksp/status/677891075487453184jaw dropping for graphics whores like meself.

Agree.

The new occlusion system will be the most "heavy" fps boost inside the game because right now because attack directly to the main buildings ( bye bye Kavala lag).

Decorate function is a function to create object without any physx interaction or animations inside to "fill" your scenarios with more objects with less cpu resources (probably this definiton will be incomplete or wrong).

We will have all of this improvements in future patches.

Edit I see decorate functions into the gzdoom engine:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE

I dont know if this is related with Arma 3 engine but for explanatory purposes I leave this link here.

Agree.

The new occlusion system will be the most "heavy" fps boost inside the game because right now because attack directly to the main buildings ( bye bye Kavala lag).

Decorate function is a function to create object without any physx interaction or animations inside to "fill" your scenarios with more objects with less cpu resources (probably this definiton will be incomplete or wrong).

We will have all of this improvements in future patches.

Edit I see decorate functions into the gzdoom engine:

http://zdoom.org/wiki/DECORATE

I dont know if this is related with Arma 3 engine but for explanatory purposes I leave this link here.

Aahhh so the decorate function takes a functional object and makes it into something simple, so we can have vehicles but not need them locked anymore, or anything really if they aren't to move...not a bad idea.

Overhauled sounds.

New 3d occlusion system from Enfusion engine

Decorate functions....

I'm a happy man!

any idea if it also culls units? right now i can tell which direction units in game are simply by turning around until fps drops by 10 or more.

smoke is bad as well....

Anxiously waiting. I would love to play Kavala without having 13GB of RAM in use.

I strongly agree. With the updates and patches I expect nothing less a miracle (fps speaking) but takes time to achive that.

Added:

The Eden editor is fabulous!

Big congrats on Eden an utterly fantastic upgrade to this franchise. Ill never go back to you, you' anxiety-causing-cause-I-didn't-name-a-Player-to-group-2D-B*tch'!

• Like 1