autigergrad

AUTigerGrad's Regional Ambient Sounds Pack

Did you put the description.ext in the mission folder as well?

Howdy folks,

Our small group has been playing the fantastic Unsung Mod a bunch on our server and as a result I'll be adding a Vietnam era sounds pack to my collection very soon.

I'll also be beefing up the African pack with more French speaking African ambience to fit the new Tanoan factions.

The plan after those is to add a more Chinese/Korean oriented pack as we will inevitably have a flood of Asian themed terrains and troop factions coming down the pipe from the modding community.

• Like 5

Yeah. I guess one thing I did discover recently is that if you are "ghosting," which I do a lot when testing, the trigger won't recognize you if set to be set off by the player. It could be that too.

I just tried my first trigger since the patch (in SP at least. I was having issues there too) and it works again so I think we're good.

I found something interesting about this problem. If you set a trigger with sound effects, and you make a cinematic intro with different camera angles in different places in the map, the first time your camera is near to the trigger, the sound works perfectly. However if the camera jumps to an other position, and after that, the camera jumps again near the first position where the trigger is placed, the sound wont work anymore.

Any solutions to this problem? I don't want to delete neither the sound effects nor the cinematic intro.

loving your work here man, i was just wondering if you'd be able to add a sort of radio filter to the news broadcasts so that it's not just a clean sound file playing, would make it 50x better! 

loving your work here man, i was just wondering if you'd be able to add a sort of radio filter to the news broadcasts so that it's not just a clean sound file playing, would make it 50x better!

Yeah I've been tinkering with that. I should have some nice additions in my next update.

• Like 1

as well as creating some ambient US and Russian FOB radio loops (current world news, sports, etc.)

How about a Cubs win the world series related news broadcast?  ;) ;)
  • Like 1

@Estron  Yes, I've got one partially done.  Need to find a few more sounds to my liking then I'll release it.

I've also got a Asian and Russian/Eastern European sound pack in the works.  Been working on other things and my sounds kind of took a backseat for a bit.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, autigergrad said:

@Estron  Yes, I've got one partially done.  Need to find a few more sounds to my liking then I'll release it.

I've also got a Asian and Russian/Eastern European sound pack in the works.  Been working on other things and my sounds kind of took a backseat for a bit.

sweet, can wait to use the Tanoa one, will it be client side and work on servers without it being a server mod list idem?

59 minutes ago, Estron said:

sweet, can wait to use the Tanoa one, will it be client side and work on servers without it being a server mod list idem?

It would be placed directly inside the mission folder itself so you wouldn't run it as a mod.  

I'm really happy with the quality of the sounds I have for my Tanoa pack.  I hope to have an update out by next week.

• Like 2

Hey guys,

I'm still tweaking/polishing my next update but here is a quick preview of what to expect from my Tanoa pack of sounds.

• Like 7

AMBIENT SOUND PACKS UPDATED V1.3

-Added Tanoa Sounds Pack

• Ambient Crowd Chatter 
  • Ambient Street Noise
  • Tanoan/French speaking Radio broadcasts
  • Tanoan/French speaking Music

As with my other packs this is plug and play...just drop the "sound" folder into your mission folder and copy the accompanying description.ext into your mission as well.  All ambient sounds will appear in the "SFX" section of Trigger effects.

I hope you enjoy it.

• Like 3

i cant get thr trigger to work i dont hear anythin after i place t he trigger down and then select the SFX i want nothing happens

27 minutes ago, michael poole said:

i cant get thr trigger to work i dont hear anythin after i place t he trigger down and then select the SFX i want nothing happens

Make sure it's set to activate when your side enters and that it's repeatable. If that's not working please take a screenshot of your trigger settings. I'd imagine that might be the best way to help you out.

Also, make sure you have the files in your mission properly too (description.ext, etc).

thanks sweet it worked lol i have to use the trigger 0x100 cant use the other one nothing happens also how would i get the sound or anything to play threw load speakers 

6 minutes ago, michael poole said:

thanks sweet it worked lol i have to use the trigger 0x100 cant use the other one nothing happens also how would i get the sound or anything to play threw load speakers 

Are you on stable or dev (or dev RC)? You should be able to use any trigger size in stable.

What I like to do to emulate sound coming from and object is place a small-ish trigger around the object itself. Though it takes a bit of trial and error due to the way sound is handled by the game. Some things just don't work for me to my liking because the way the sound works is it can't fade as you exit the trigger area. It's sometimes too "all sound or no sound" if that makes sense. So take your time with it as it's very much trial and error.

My personal favorite applications for this are in buildings due to that. I also like placing triggers on streets near buildings too depending on the sound itself (I also sometimes lower the sound db volume in the files so it comes across as more ambient and less direct).

AuTigerGrad himself does a splendid job using this pack so if you ever want to see how it's done, grab some of his missions and unpack them and see how he uses it.

2 minutes ago, michael poole said:

well i have the templates but what mpas are they on as i cant seem to load them i only see them as Temos

Not sure man. The templates should have the map name included in the file (I haven't looked in awhile honestly). If not, I know he uses it here, which is a great mission in its own right too:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=510801855

Also how would i make the SFX play from the start without having to walk over a triger or something so for example i want to play sound from the  mosque but i want it to start soon as the map loads ?

33 minutes ago, michael poole said:

Also how would i make the SFX play from the start without having to walk over a triger or something so for example i want to play sound from the  mosque but i want it to start soon as the map loads ?

If you make the trigger large enough and have yourself spawn inside it, the sound will play. I use these ambient sounds in mosques myself. If you're truly and genuinely looking for a Muslim Call to Prayer that plays at set times regardless of where the player might be, download Spyder Addons and use his CTP module.

1 hour ago, michael poole said:

In the trigger condition if you change it from "this" to "true" then that will trigger straight away  

Oh man how have I not seen this until now?

This looks brilliant and I will definitely look to include this in my missions.

i also love if it would be possible to create some smaller samples where it might be two sentries talking to each other or something similar as mentioned previously in this thread. The kind where you can include in stealth missions and have to bypass them.

Anyway top notch work mate this has me excited to get back to finishing my duala scenario.