autigergrad

AUTigerGrad's Regional Ambient Sounds Pack

I think his problem is probably the trigger distance and who triggers it...along with is he setting it to repeated?  I cant fully understand his post but he mentioned a 4km distance...so thats my thought on it.

I'm glad the hotfix fixed it.  Now i'll have to give it a wirl  :)

Yeah. I guess one thing I did discover recently is that if you are "ghosting," which I do a lot when testing, the trigger won't recognize you if set to be set off by the player. It could be that too.

I just tried my first trigger since the patch (in SP at least. I was having issues there too) and it works again so I think we're good.

I think his problem is probably the trigger distance and who triggers it...along with is he setting it to repeated?  I cant fully understand his post but he mentioned a 4km distance...so thats my thought on it.

I'm glad the hotfix fixed it.  Now i'll have to give it a wirl  :)

My trigger settings: Condition: true

Repeteable: yes

effects: hitlerspeech1

The thing is, if I place a trigger and the player unit close to it (like 200meters) the sound loop always works. If I do the same, but the player unit placed 4 km away from the trigger, when I go close to the trigger area again sometimes works sometimes not. Hope you understand now.

The trigger is always active, since the begining of the mission. You have an example in this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp8ATvg2mLE&feature=youtu.be

My trigger settings: Condition: true

Repeteable: yes

effects: hitlerspeech1

The thing is, if I place a trigger and the player unit close to it (like 200meters) the sound loop always works. If I do the same, but the player unit placed 4 km away from the trigger, when I go close to the trigger area again sometimes works sometimes not. Hope you understand now.

The trigger is always active, since the begining of the mission. You have an example in this video:

Do you have the trigger set to activate by a particular group member? That's the only thing I can think of. I tested extensively in my British Steel Afghan mission and sounds worked repeatedly.

On a side note, if you're ever interested in playing some iron front hit me up!

Is there a way to change the range within which particular sounds are heard?

For, example I added a sound of my own to the description.ext just following your already established format. I just want it to be heard from further away from the center of its trigger I have setup. Which of those "15,1,18,1,1,1,0" numbers do I need to change to make that happen? :)

Thanks again for this mod. I am enjoying being able to add additional ambiance to missions.

Is there a way to change the range within which particular sounds are heard?

For, example I added a sound of my own to the description.ext just following your already established format. I just want it to be heard from further away from the center of its trigger I have setup. Which of those "15,1,18,1,1,1,0" numbers do I need to change to make that happen? :)

Thanks again for this mod. I am enjoying being able to add additional ambiance to missions.

The first number is volume. As its a 3D sound coming from a particular point, upping the volume would be your best route. Glad you like the sounds. I have more on the way very soon.

• Like 2

The first number is volume. As its a 3D sound coming from a particular point, upping the volume would be your best route. Glad you like the sounds. I have more on the way very soon.

Thanks for the help. However, I found that changing the volume didn't really extend the range, it just made it louder at the center of that range. I did change the "18" to higher values, and that seemed to do the trick, though. I was using it for a call to prayer that I wanted like it was playing over a loudspeaker from a mosque... It is working how I wanted it to, now.

Do you have the trigger set to activate by a particular group member? That's the only thing I can think of. I tested extensively in my British Steel Afghan mission and sounds worked repeatedly.

On a side note, if you're ever interested in playing some iron front hit me up!

No, the trigger has no more conditions to activate. You can see on the video I post. Thank you for your invitation to play IF, I will let you know :)

version 1.2

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/55j0oey9zfc8rbx/AAA2kc4svFaDBWdhCnkJk5pFa?dl=0

Some substantial additions to both the Middle Eastern and African Sound packs

-added both African and Arabic songs

-added Arabic speech over loudspeaker

-added multiple radio news soundbites from events occurring to both regions (Libya, Sudan, etc.)

-added ISIS propaganda speech

-added Military Radio chatter for Afghanistan missions

-for those requesting longer looped files, I actually created a 6 minute British-specific radio loop, covering both local and military news, as well as recreational radio chatter (Premier League news).  Should be nice to use at your home FOB when you are walking through the barracks!

As always, I hope you enjoy!

Special thanks to seba1976 for donating some of his own sounds to the project!

FYI,

Now that the African and Middle Eastern packs are pretty healthy, my focus will turn towards putting out an initial Eastern European Pack, as well as creating some ambient US and Russian FOB radio loops (current world news, sports, etc.)

Congrats on the release. The pack is amazing already :) .

Spot on bruv.

Yay or nay...

The Middle Eastern Ambient sound pack is suitable for Diyala Iraq.

It takes me a bit of time to lay down the sound triggers and it just occurred to me Iraq may or may not be suitable for Afghan sounds. I also don't pretend to know anything about the culture.

I'm far from the most realism oriented person. But that said, I don't want to plaster Afghan sounds from this pack if it may as well be like putting them on New York or Britian.

Anyone familiar enough with this pack familiar enough with Iraqi culture to know if these are a good fit together?

EDIT: LOL! Well apparently TPW thinks so as he just said as much in his thread. :) Good enough for me.

@HeroesandvillainsOS

I started adding triggers yesterday to Diyala and so far it does add alot more realism to the map. Not verse in the language but its making our mission that much better. Just my two cents.

@HeroesandvillainsOS

I started adding triggers yesterday to Diyala and so far it does add alot more realism to the map. Not verse in the language but its making our mission that much better. Just my two cents.

Yeah I added some too.

That map is something man. But I started to get cross-eyed trying to set up enough triggers yet not have them all feel repetitive and like the same-old same-old. I can't believe how many damn cities that map has! :)

So I played it a bit on the conservative side. I laid down probably a decent 30-40 and really only touched some 2-3 of the large urban areas and hit a couple of the mosques. I also randomly laid down some radio sounds in a lot of the out-skirts to keep things fresh while I explore.

How wide did you make the mosques triggers? I wanted the trigger to go off about atleast a street away but cant seem to get it to do that.  I also added at each corner of the mosque some of the people and market sounds so it blends in but cant get the prayer trigger to kick on from that distance when you enter the zone trigger.

How wide did you make the mosques triggers? I wanted the trigger to go off about atleast a street away but cant seem to get it to do that. I also added at each corner of the mosque some of the people and market sounds so it blends in but cant get the prayer trigger to kick on from that distance when you enter the zone trigger.

I'm having similar difficulties actually due to how Cype_Revenge sort of blocked off entry to the mosques. So what I decided to do was place the sounds2 and sounds6 (those are not the correct names. I'm not at home) prayer sounds on the corners so if the player gets close to the mosques they can hear the ambient prayer just barely from the street. Dead center in the mosques I placed prayer2 which is really neat sounding actually. When you go inside it sounds like the prayer is coming from up above you. :)

I also added Hazey/Spyderblack723's map-wide call-to-prayer to the map too.

Regarding the ambient civilian sounds - basically sounds1-8 aside from the two prayer ones - I've consistently had an issue with how out of place they *can* feel if you just so happen to enter the area and no civilians are actually around. I guess I could manually place civilians and traffic but the problem with that is, since I use ALiVE, manually placing them doesn't mesh well with how ALiVE randomly generates civilians and how Spyder Addons randomly generates civilian automobile traffic. I don't wan to confuse the player!

So I then tried to put sounds1-8 inside some buildings which has a neat 'far off in the distance' feel which makes it totally appropriate with good effect even when no one is around. The problem with that though is that ALiVE insurgencies actually require you to enter buildings so it's a bit odd hearing Middle East traffic sounds coming directly from the middle of a house! :) So I tend to use them very sporadically.

Which leads me to generally almost exclusively using the radio and music tracks because those never sound out of place. No matter how populated the map will or can be. In some of my missions I actually place a radio dead center where the trigger is which even knowing where I placed them looks neat. LOL!

Hopefully someday this pack will add "distant" sounds. But due to the limitations of the engine I'd assume they may not be easy to accomplish. Or maybe even a big-ass trigger would work. Who knows? I guess I should try it.

What would be perfect would be for someone to test TPW's SOAP and (other sounds) on a dedi someday or made it dedi compatible. It's remarkable what he's done with this pack as he's balanced the sounds and volumes remarkably! And for it to happen automatically is a stroke of genius. So for now, as long as it's just me placing the triggers, I tend to shy away from some of them and use a 'less is more' approach.

Man no wonder you are seeing crossed eyed! You spent sometime thinking about it but then again so was I. I added a few random civilians in the market and it works. I also put a few unarmed rebels in the square standing by a loud speak with the Isis propaganda clip. I'll play around with it some more and if I find a good balance I will share my triggers with you.

I was thinking that it would be cool to put the radio sounds on random civi vehicles and hear it as they pass by if you are close enough. I know there is no way now but it would add to the effect.

• Like 1

Diyala is in Iraq and they largely speak Arabic there. So autigergrad's sounds are totally appropriate to the region. I've expanded on his initial set of sounds with quite a few more Arabic themed sounds of my own for TPW SOAP and it really helps with immersion on that incredible map, especially in combination with ambient civ spawning.

I use the Arabic sounds on all Middle Eastern / Central Asian maps and to be honest I'm not versed enough in Arabic, Pashtun, etc to know the difference or feel any cognitive dissonance! As long as there's a murmur of foreign (to me) sounding voices then I feel like I'm on a living map with real people around.  

Many thanks again to autigergrad for bringing these sounds to us and for allowing me to use them as the basis for my mod.

• Like 1

Man no wonder you are seeing crossed eyed! You spent sometime thinking about it but then again so was I. I added a few random civilians in the market and it works. I also put a few unarmed rebels in the square standing by a loud speak with the Isis propaganda clip. I'll play around with it some more and if I find a good balance I will share my triggers with you.

I was thinking that it would be cool to put the radio sounds on random civi vehicles and hear it as they pass by if you are close enough. I know there is no way now but it would add to the effect.

Provided you have the sounds defined in CfgSounds, you can attach sounds to vehicles by using say3d ["name of sound", vehicle]. It works well and you get a nice doppler effect too as they pass.

I'm confused. I want to use this on Diyala. I make a mission, then move your sound files pack into its folder in my documents folder. Then I load and the sounds aren't there. What am I doing wrong?