autigergrad

AUTigerGrad's Regional Ambient Sounds Pack

I'm loving this.

So after messing around with this for a few nights, my favorite sounds are easily the ones that imitate radio sounds. It's just awesome sticking a trigger inside a building and hearing music and news being read in (I'd assume) Pashto. I'm really hoping the next update adds a lot of this stuff especially. It's so cool going into a building and hearing this stuff. Sort of faded on the outside but really nice and loud on the inside. Wonderful work. :)

The outside sounds I like, but not as much until someone can come up with a script to disable them during fighting.

But those radio sounds? Even in battle they are so so good! I really like the loudspeaker sounds a lot too!

Request: Could we get more middle eastern music and radio broadcasts? And would it be possible to have the sound files be longer? Instead of maybe 45 seconds maybe some of the sound files can last several minutes at least? The American broadcast for Kunduz and Sangin could stand to be longer too.

Anyway, great great job! One of the best mods to be released in a long time. Excellent work buddy.

I'm loving this.

So after messing around with this for a few nights, my favorite sounds are easily the ones that imitate radio sounds. It's just awesome sticking a trigger inside a building and hearing music and news being read in (I'd assume) Pashto. I'm really hoping the next update adds a lot of this stuff especially. It's so cool going into a building and hearing this stuff. Sort of faded on the outside but really nice and loud on the inside. Wonderful work. :)

The outside sounds I like, but not as much until someone can come up with a script to disable them during fighting.

But those radio sounds? Even in battle they are so so good! I really like the loudspeaker sounds a lot too!

Request: Could we get more middle eastern music and radio broadcasts? And would it be possible to have the sound files be longer? Instead of maybe 45 seconds maybe some of the sound files can last several minutes at least? The American broadcast for Kunduz and Sangin could stand to be longer too.

Anyway, great great job! One of the best mods to be released in a long time. Excellent work buddy.

I've actually got a pretty big collection of newsreels, etc that I'm putting together. I also have some ISIS propaganda, etc. that can be used for missions where you are raiding an ISIS stronghold, etc.  As I mentioned, my Middle Eastern and African packs will be continuously added to.

As for sounds playing during combat, I imagine even without a script, it would be pretty easy to simply include something on the actual trigger that the sound quit playing when OPFOR is detected/IND detected or something like that.  Again, I'm not an experienced scripter/coder but I would think that wouldn't be too difficult?  Just a thought.

I'll be putting up a demo of my Iron Front World War II sounds soon as well.  I've collected over 10 hours worth of actual radio broadcasts from 1939 to 1945 from US, German, British,and French news and radio, including radio shows and music.

• Like 2

IIRC, the only way to stop a sound being 3D played, is to delete the object that's playing it. I assume you could create a game logic to play the sound from there, if the command takes a game logic as argument, and then delete it when you want the sound to stop playing.

Still working on the pack, but here is a sample of the sounds I have for those of you playing the Iron Front for Arma 3 mod.  

+1 for the Glenn Miller tunes......smooth man very smooth.  ;)

If your looking for ideas to add to this wonderfully immersive pack, some Post Apocalyptic/Walking Dead style radio broadcasts would work really well with mods like Ravage or DSS 

• Like 1

Ok Fellas, version 1.1 is now available.

Additions include:

Soviet Sound pack for Iron Front mod for ARMA 3

US Sound pack for Iron Front mod for ARMA 3

Nazi Sound pack for Iron Front mod for ARMA 3

Here are some vids of the new pack in action:

• Like 3

Spot on bruv, very yolo, 10/10. I can't wait to suddenly gun down 10 SS officers listening to speeches from Hitler.

Hello,

Are your sounds compatible with zeus sound module ?

Regards,

El Tyranos

Hello,

Are your sounds compatible with zeus sound module ?

Regards,

El Tyranos

They work with the triggers just like the stock effects so I would assume so.

Anyone having any luck running this on Dedi after EDEN update?  Works fine testing on SP/Editor, but once i load mission....nothing..

Incase this is off, I placed triggers and selected sounds...activated by when BLUFOR enters the trigger and set it to repeatable...  Wondering if ARMA broke something...or its something else as i didnt test this before the EDEN update.

Anyone having any luck running this on Dedi after EDEN update?  Works fine testing on SP/Editor, but once i load mission....nothing..

Incase this is off, I placed triggers and selected sounds...activated by when BLUFOR enters the trigger and set it to repeatable...  Wondering if ARMA broke something...or its something else as i didnt test this before the EDEN update.

I'm out of town til Sunday but we played a dedicated match Thursday night and the sounds worked fine.

Thanks for confirming.  Probably mission related on my end.  I'll keep playing around  :)

OK just so i'm not going crazy, if anyone has a chance to test this for me:

Setup a new mission via EDEN format.  Setup triggers as mentioned above.  Then load DEDI server and play the mission where DEDI is loading it.  Does this still work?  Seems all sounds may be broken via triggers....Unless you play it via some command (i.e. playsound) or object.

If this is a bug i can open a ticket with BIS...but of course they've been breached so that will have to wait!

OK just so i'm not going crazy, if anyone has a chance to test this for me:

Setup a new mission via EDEN format.  Setup triggers as mentioned above.  Then load DEDI server and play the mission where DEDI is loading it.  Does this still work?  Seems all sounds may be broken via triggers....Unless you play it via some command (i.e. playsound) or object.

If this is a bug i can open a ticket with BIS...but of course they've been breached so that will have to wait!

I assume it's because triggers are broken in 1.56... check the devbranch changelog, it's already fixed but we'll get it in the next patch.

• Like 2

I assume it's because triggers are broken in 1.56... check the devbranch changelog, it's already fixed but we'll get it in the next patch.

I dont' know if my problem is about the broken triggers in 1.56, but the thing is.. if I set a trigger nerby the units respawn (like 300 around), it always works perfect. However if for example, I start the mission in a base and I have to conquer a village 4km away from the starting point, and in that village is set a radio playing a Stalin speech, sometimes works, sometimes not. Any idea what is happening? or someone else has this problem too?

Yeah, 1.56 FUBARED the triggers. I think they have it corrected in the upcoming hotfix though.

Yeah, 1.56 FUBARED the triggers. I think they have it corrected in the upcoming hotfix though.

I tried again with today's hotfix and still happening :(

I tried again with today's hotfix and still happening :(

This is a mission you made, yes?

I'll try this myself later when I get home. Question, could you go into the editor in the mission with the issue, lay down a unit, delete it and save the mission and see if the problem still happens?

This is a mission you made, yes?

I'll try this myself later when I get home. Question, could you go into the editor in the mission with the issue, lay down a unit, delete it and save the mission and see if the problem still happens?

I did that, still not working. In SP editor this happens again. Sometimes work, sometimes doesn't.

Well folks, great news!  The Hotfix has fixed the triggers.  I just tested both in sp and on my dedi.  Sounds are playing perfectly again.

• Like 1

Well folks, great news!  The Hotfix has fixed the triggers.  I just tested both in sp and on my dedi.  Sounds are playing perfectly again.

Sweet! I'm logging in now so I'll check on my end.

I wonder why Srjuanma is having problems?