autigergrad

AUTigerGrad's Regional Ambient Sounds Pack

So I'm a very active mission maker for my group and one of the areas I like to focus on is immersion.  Whether we are patrolling the streets of an Afghan city, or perhaps we're helping defend a village in Nigeria from Boko Haram militants, I like to feel as though I'm actually in that region.

So I decided to put together these "packs" of authentic regional sounds to be used in missions.

These packs include:
-ambient crowd noise/chatter 
-regional music
-authentic news broadcasts discussing the topics of the region
-other stuff (that's the scientific term)

**Current Collection** (v1.3) Updated 2/15/2017
African Sound Pack
Middle Eastern Sound Pack
Iron Front in ARMA III -Nazi Sound Pack
Iron Front in ARMA III- US Sound Pack
Iron Front in ARMA III-Soviet Sound Pack
Tanoan Sound Pack

I will continue to add to these as well as develop my other packs.  Other packs planned are:

Asian
Latin America
Eastern Europe

I figured some of you may enjoy adding these to your missions as well.

I've included 2 sample templates for the awesome Sangin and Isla Duala maps.  But you don't have to have those maps to use these.  Simply copy the description.ext and sound folders over into any map you want, then place appropriate triggers where you want the sounds to play.  The sounds will show at the very bottom of the "triggers" selection box under effects when using them with traditional triggers.

To give you an idea of how they work, here are 2 videos showcasing my sounds in action, both in a Middle Eastern and African setting.

I'm not a modder and I'm not a coder, just an avid ARMA fanatic who wanted to help make the ARMA experience better as much as I can.  I hope you like them.
*Current version*

version 1.3

AMBIENT SOUND PACKS UPDATED V1.3

-Added Tanoa Sounds Pack

• Ambient Crowd Chatter 
  • Ambient Street Noise
  • Tanoan/French speaking Radio broadcasts
  • Tanoan/French speaking Music

As always, I hope you enjoy!

Special thanks to seba1976 for donating some of his own sounds to the project!

African Sounds Demo

Middle Eastern Sounds Demo

US Iron Front Sounds Demo

Nazi Iron Front Sounds Demo

Soviet Iron Front Sounds Demo
  • Like 22

This is cool.

But are African nationals holding a drum circle while Black Hawks circle overhead and mortars land?

IE, are the sounds affected by combat?

• Like 1

This is cool.

But are African nationals holding a drum circle while Black Hawks circle overhead and mortars land?

I'm not a coder, so I have them set up with simple triggers.  I imagine it would be pretty easy to create a script to cause the sound to stop/fade if player is engaged?  

This is cool.

You've never held a drum circle beneath a Black Hawk squadron?You haven't lived my friend...

Seriously though-this is a great addition to Arma.Thanks :)

• Like 3

You've never held a drum circle beneath a Black Hawk squadron?You haven't lived my friend...

Seriously though-this is a great addition to Arma.Thanks :)

That did not answer my question at all, but that's okay, it was kind of funny.

So I'm a very active mission maker for my group and one of the areas I like to focus on is immersion.  Whether we are patrolling the streets of an Afghan city, or perhaps we're helping defend a village in Nigeria from Boko Haram militants, I like to feel as though I'm actually in that region.

So I decided to put together these "packs" of authentic regional sounds to be used in missions.

My first two collections are for African or Middle Eastern themed environments.  These packs include:
-ambient crowd noise/chatter 
-regional music
-authentic news broadcasts discussing the topics of the region
-other stuff (that's the scientific term)

I will continue to add to these as well as develop my other packs.  Other packs planned are:

Asian
Latin America
Eastern Europe
World War II (to be used in Iron Front missions for ARMA 3, complete with 1940s radio broadcasts, music, etc.)
Vietnam Era (to be used with the Unsung Mod)

I figured some of you may enjoy adding these to your missions as well.

I've included 2 sample templates for the awesome Sangin and Isla Duala maps.  But you don't have to have those maps to use these.  Simply copy the description.ext and sound folders over into any map you want, then place appropriate triggers where you want the sounds to play.  The sounds will show at the very bottom of the "triggers" selection box under effects when using them with traditional triggers.

To give you an idea of how they work, here are 2 videos showcasing my sounds in action, both in a Middle Eastern and African setting.

I'm not a modder and I'm not a coder, just an avid ARMA fanatic who wanted to help make the ARMA experience better as much as I can.  I hope you like them.

African Sounds Demo

Middle Eastern Sounds Demo

Question: what do you mean by copy the data into the map? I tried adding it to a tempmissionSPtakistan folder that's in my A3 documents folder, but that didn't get it done. What am I missing?

So there's a very strange, probably 'I'm the only person to ever notice' kind of issue with the script. It's very odd.

I have a mission with 3CB going on FATA. If you go into the SP editor, and type in a debug console command (I run a ghosting command and teamswitch command in the SP editor only for testing), if this script is enabled, once debug command is run, you can only move your player in a very slow motion kind of animation.

Just incase that was confusing. Let's pretend the game is running like normal. You add this script and throw down a couple triggers. If you go into the SP editor and preview the mission everything seems ok. Press escape, type in some kind of debug console command, press local exec to execute it, and when you go back into the game, your player can't move. Well, they can, but they are stuck in some sort of really slow waking animation.

In the editor SP editor for ALiVE missions, "ghosting" via the ALiVE Commander Tablet doesn't work so for mission testing purposes I have to run the command. When this is enabled, your player can't move. I've never had this problem before until I added the script.

So there's a very strange, probably 'I'm the only person to ever notice' kind of issue with the script. It's very odd.

I have a mission with 3CB going on FATA. If you go into the SP editor, and type in a debug console command (I run a ghosting command and teamswitch command in the SP editor only for testing), if this script is enabled, once debug command is run, you can only move your player in a very slow motion kind of animation.

Just incase that was confusing. Let's pretend the game is running like normal. You add this script and throw down a couple triggers. If you go into the SP editor and preview the mission everything seems ok. Press escape, type in some kind of debug console command, press local exec to execute it, and when you go back into the game, your player can't move. Well, they can, but they are stuck in some sort of really slow waking animation.

In the editor SP editor for ALiVE missions, "ghosting" via the ALiVE Commander Tablet doesn't work so for mission testing purposes I have to run the command. When this is enabled, your player can't move. I've never had this problem before until I added the script.

Are you running mods like Enhanced Movement?I have found that can occasionally cause that issue.

Hi autigergrad.

First nice addons. I think it will be needed a thingh like this. However, is it MP/COOP compatible or only SP? Thanks and good job!

Hi autigergrad.

First nice addons. I think it will be needed a thingh like this. However, is it MP/COOP compatible or only SP? Thanks and good job!

We use them in MP and on our dedicated server. Works great. No issues.

• Like 1

Are you running mods like Enhanced Movement?I have found that can occasionally cause that issue.

I am not. Thanks for the suggestion and letting me know it's probably a mod conflict though!

I'll have to do some testing.

That did not answer my question at all, but that's okay, it was kind of funny.

Question: what do you mean by copy the data into the map? I tried adding it to a tempmissionSPtakistan folder that's in my A3 documents folder, but that didn't get it done. What am I missing?

When you create a mission, it generates a folder for that mission in your documents.  You can copy the sound folder and the description.ext into your mission folder.  Once you do that, you can go into the editor, place a trigger down and click on "Effects".  All of the sounds are under the Trigger category at the very bottom of that drop down list.  That's it.

This is what I like to do....

1. I go into the editor and choose a map..let's say Isla Duala for example.

2. I place a playable unit down anywhere on the map then I start to place triggers over the areas that I want sound to play (cities, towns, wherever)

3. Select the sounds under Effects for each trigger.  They play in 3d so, for example, if you place a trigger down with people talking, etc. you can put that trigger right on top of a building or a group of people, providing the effect of hearing people inside the building when you walk by or conversation coming from a civilian group on the street corner.

4.  Once you have the triggers placed all over the map with the sounds set as you wish, save the mission and call it "soundtemplate".

5.  Now, instead of having to manually place triggers everytime you use that map, all you have to do is "merge" that template with any other mission you already have, then copy the sound folder  and description.ext into that new folder as well.  Voila!...now your other missions have the ambient sounds too. 

I do this for all of the maps I use then just merge them as needed with my actual playable missions. 

Great idea - adding this immediately to an african mission had sitting om me HD. Hope you make more :D

It's working! Wonderful addon.

Great idea - adding this immediately to an african mission had sitting om me HD. Hope you make more :D

I'll be adding to these constantly.  I have several ideas for packs as mentioned above as well.  The Middle Eastern and African packs should grow much larger in the coming weeks/months along with the addition of my other collections.

Another idea I have is to create a "one off" pack..basically very specific sound files for missions that folks create all the time.  I would divide them up in folders like "Night assault" or "Hostage Rescue", etc. 

For example...I'll create some sound files of Russian Soldiers chit chatting....then have that sound coming from a building on a "Night Raid" mission by Navy Seals so as you go by the building you can hear the enemy soldiers talking while you sneak past. 

To me, its the little stuff like that that can turn an ordinary mission into something a bit more special immersion wise.  So I thought other folks like myself would get a kick out of it.  And I tried to make these as "plug and play" as possible using simple triggers. 

• Like 1

Oh niiiiiicccceee. Really been looking for something like this. I congratulate you on initial release and look forward to more updates down the road. This will really add to mission immersion. Thanks so much !

Do you think as these packs grow, you could make the sound file names a little more descriptive? Right now I have a notebook open testing out the sounds and writing down what they do. :) Not a biggie now but if this grows as big as I think it might with more sounds coming, it could be helpful for mission makers to know what the sounds are before placing them down in the editor.

Do you think as these packs grow, you could make the sound file names a little more descriptive? Right now I have a notebook open testing out the sounds and writing down what they do. :) Not a biggie now but if this grows as big as I think it might with more sounds coming, it could be helpful for mission makers to know what the sounds are before placing them down in the editor.

That's the plan.

You can also easily rename them to your liking in the folder and description.ext if you'd like.

That's the plan.

You can also easily rename them to your liking in the folder and description.ext if you'd like.

I never thought of that! Thanks!

This mod has made me for the first time excited for the 3D editor! I placed the "Kunduz News" sound near where my Virtual Arsenal is and it's so awesome! Now I want to place a radio on a table near the trigger! :)

I have so many ideas. Especially for radios. I'd love to see some more radio broadcasts that are all 'crackily' like, with middle eastern music for the villages (that sound like its coming out of a radio) and even some regular old rock and roll my guys could be listening to near the barracks on my base.

This is such a powerful and immersive mod. I can't wait to see what treats you have in store.

Hey nice collection of samples! Will use definitely.

One unrelated and probably dumb question (to anyone who knows the answer really): Red Zamak, how do I get one?  :)

PS: I'll PM you my collection so if you like something you can use. I'm particularly proud of the real russian radio transmissions I've secured over time.  ;)

Hey nice collection of samples! Will use definitely.

One unrelated and probably dumb question (to anyone who knows the answer really): Red Zamak, how do I get one?  :)

PS: I'll PM you my collection so if you like something you can use. I'm particularly proud of the real russian radio transmissions I've secured over time.  ;)

Sweet.  Much appreciated.

The Red Zamak comes courtesy of Massi's excellent African Conflict mod.  

• Like 1