falagor

3DEN Editor - Localization/translation feedback

Dear players.

3DEN Editor has been localized into Arma 3 standard languages, and the localized versions are present in the development branch of Arma 3. Currently, localization testing takes place on our side. However, no testing can replace actual hands-on use of the tool, so we would like to ask you, players and users who are getting familiar with the editor, to help us with that. How? You can simply report us any localization bugs you encounter right here. This forum topic is meant exactly for that - here you can post all localization bugs, alert us about possible issues, let us know if you find some not so good translation, cut off or missing texts, or anything else related to localization/translation issues of 3DEN Editor. General localization/translation feedback is also welcome, of course. Just bear in mind that localization/translation of 3DEN Editor is still a work in progress, and we still might modify the localization even after Arma 3 Eden Update release.

How to report here in this topic? Please follow this simple template:

1) State the language version (Czech, German, Polish...)

2) Clearly state what is wrong

3) State where the issue is, how to locate it (reproduction steps)

4) Mention the wrong text (if any)

5) Mention the correct text or correct solution to the issue (what you suggest as the correct version)

6) Attach a screenshot clearly showing the bug (you can highlight it by coloured frame or underline it in red)

This forum is meant for reporting any localization issues, to make it easy for you, and also to receive some feedback from you. But please remember you can also always use Feedback Tracker, be that for localization or any other issues.

Thank you very much!

EDIT:

Any new reports not directly related to 3DEN Editor, please report them newly in Arma 3 Apex - Localization/translation feedback. Continue reporting here just the Editor issues from now on. If you already posted a bug here, no need to post the same one again there. Thanks!

• Like 3

Polish language on RC have some bugs:
"Save and Exit" is translated to "zapisz i wyjd" and should be "zapisz i wyjdź" (Pause menu)
Also on Waypoint there is totally wrong name of waypoint which can mislead - its "HOLD" - or Stop (didnt tired in english), that hand icon - it should be translated to "stop", not "utrzymaj"

• Like 1

Not meant as spam, just a small "cheering up", with this legendary (meanwhile fixed) localization gem from the first days of the Arma 3 launcher. :P

launchertranslation_zpscfa5f855.jpg~orig

Translation from German:

"Please keep ending Arma 3 with the carrier rocket."

Keep it up, BI! :thumb:

• Like 4

"Save and Exit" is translated to "zapisz i wyjd" and should be "zapisz i wyjdź" (Pause menu)

Also on Waypoint there is totally wrong name of waypoint which can mislead - its "HOLD" - or Stop (didnt tired in english), that hand icon - it should be translated to "stop", not "utrzymaj"

Thank you for the report! It would help us locate this issue if you could send a screenshot of the issue. Could I kindly ask you to that, please? We are more or less blind without it. :)

Translation from German:

"Please keep ending Arma 3 with the carrier rocket."

Keep it up, BI! :thumb:

Let's hope times like this are long since gone... thanks! :D

Whenever I play-test my mission in the Eden Editor, a black box appears 

Seems like the confg or something and wont go away at all! please help! :huh: 

Whenever I play-test my mission in the Eden Editor, a black box appears 

Seems like the confg or something and wont go away at all! please help! :huh: 

Hi. This is a thread related to localization bugs. Your issue still might be related to that - can you please send a screenshot of your issue here? Otherwise we have no idea what you mean. Thanks.

Oh sorry but im new on the forums I have a good screen shot but how do i post it here? 

When in the new post window, use the button Image to post a link from an external source (Dropbox, Photobucket, etc.), or use My Media function. That should work too.

Thanks a lot. But please note this is not a localization (translation) bug. It seems like an issue related to a community mod and I cannot help you about it. Please find an appropriate thread here https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/199-arma-3-eden-editor/and ask about it there. This thread is for localization issues only. Alternatively, you can report this bug at http://feedback.arma3.com/, once it is back online. Thank you!

I can't seem to get any of the Virtual Entities to work.

Systems > Logic Entities > Virtual Entities

None of them seem to work, not the virtual spectator, not the Zeus. Not sure about headless client as I don't have one.

I'm trying to make a dedicated Zeus player (like in Master Altis)

Typically in the 2d editor (which it still does work) you drop in a Zeus Module, drop in a Zeus Virtual Entity. Give them names and make the Virtual Entity the owner of the module and force the interface.

Simple really. However it seems when you try and do that in the 3d editor and try and play that mission, when you get to the briefing screen it is just black like you don't have a map, and as soon as you click play the mission is a failure.

In multiplayer on a server the Zeus player will get stuck on the loading screen.

For a far more simplified approach, just dropping in a Virtual Spectator entity achieves the exact same result.

I have tried syncing modules and entities and all kinds of solutions and nothing will seem to work.

So is there a different way of making a Zeus Virtual Entity in the 3d editor or does it simply just not work?

It should be zapisz i wyjdź now - can you please check it in the game and verify? Still working on that waypoint. Thanks!

• Like 1

I can't seem to get any of the Virtual Entities to work.

Hello. I think this is not an issue related to localization/translation. Please ask in one of the forum threads here https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/199-arma-3-eden-editor/or here https://forums.bistudio.com/forum/153-arma-3-troubleshooting/. Thank you!

The name of this waypoint in English is HOLD, not STOP. It means not to stop moving or advance, it means to hold the area/waypoint. The order here is to hold the area against enemies, not to stop moving. So, the waypoint translation should be correct.

Not a big issue, but funny: german translation for "tactical bacon" is "Taktisches Funkfeuer" (tactical beacon).

And a long existing error in Virtual Arsenal: category "watch" is translated as "beobachten" (instead of "Uhr"). This means "to watch", not "a watch".    

• Like 1

Not a big issue, but funny: german translation for "tactical bacon" is "Taktisches Funkfeuer" (tactical beacon).

And a long existing error in Virtual Arsenal: category "watch" is translated as "beobachten" (instead of "Uhr"). This means "to watch", not "a watch".    

Thanks for the report. Can you please let me know the correct German translation for Tactical Bacon? And I changed that Beobachten to Uhr.

• Like 1

Can you please let me know the correct German translation for Tactical Bacon?

As far as I know, there is no literally translation for this in german. It could be simply "Dosenfleisch" (canned meat), "Dosenschinken" (canned bacon) or "Dosenspeck" (canned ham). Compared to the real product, it would be "geräucherter Speck" (smoked ham). If you want do stick to "tactical", it would be "taktischer Speck" (tactical ham) or "taktischer Schinken" (tactical bacon). But this combination sounds very strange in german (don´t know if there is something similar used in german military for canned food). 

As far as I know, there is no literally translation for this in german. It could be simply "Dosenfleisch" (canned meat), "Dosenschinken" (canned bacon) or "Dosenspeck" (canned ham). Compared to the real product, it would be "geräucherter Speck" (smoked ham). If you want do stick to "tactical", it would be "taktischer Speck" (tactical ham) or "taktischer Schinken" (tactical bacon). But this combination sounds very strange in german (don´t know if there is something similar used in german military for canned food). 

Changing to Taktischer Schinken. Thanks!

• Like 2

There are a few things that causes some important mods to break, TFAR and ACE. They found somethings that needed to be fixed that is related to EDEN. If anything, that needs to be fixed right away in a hotfix.

There are a few things that causes some important mods to break, TFAR and ACE. They found somethings that needed to be fixed that is related to EDEN. If anything, that needs to be fixed right away in a hotfix.

Hi, thanks for the feedback, but if it is not related to localization/translation, it is not a report to make in this forum thread. If it is related to localization/translation, please follow the reporting steps in my first post here. Thank you.

1. The button to create a new layer is translated with "Neue Schicht" in the German localisation. As a native speaker I'd suggest "Neue Ebene", but maybe someone else has even a better idea.

2. The first entry in the menu strip category "View" is too long in the German localisation. In my opinion it would be perfectly fine if "Auf zufällig Position zentrieren" was cut to "Zufällig Position zentrieren"

All in all a perfect German translation.

DontCreateAi...... please, it works fine in 2D editor....in EDEN it is not.

DontCreateAi...... please, it works fine in 2D editor....in Editor it is not.

This is not the right thread and what the hell do you actually mean by don't create AI ?