Sign in to follow this  
swtx

FMOD in ARMA 3

What we have now with "new audio engine" are some effects similar to those who were added with some mods

There is no effect similar to mods because mods are scripts with impact on performance while built in engine audio code in significant faster and more robust.

also we do need to be an "audio geek" to know that.

You have now record of arguing against people who put actual evidence behind their claim while you simply using your words to back your own.

I find hard find to believe your facts or take you seriously.

• Like 4

Show me a evidence where I can see that we have higher ROF having higher FPS, like 60 FPS vs 120 FPS, for instance.
Also I suggest you to find (in game engine) from where we start to have delay (lag), meaning bellow which FPS or above which Ms the engine starts to render with delay.

Show me a game that actually does something like this? Or do you happen to know that some car games actually renders 166,67 sounds per second when you've 10.000rpm rev in the engine? And at the same time the sound doesn't change with the fps?

You asked for over 60fps and still the ROF is limited by fps, you get it.

Sorry I had my audio pretty loud:

Watching closer to the ground ~60-70fps. Watching air ~90fps.

You can clearly hear and see the difference from the audio and how fast the bullet count goes. I've set reloadTime = 0.008333333 and that is 120 bullets per second. You know what happens when the fps is lower than 120? The rate of fire is lower that the set value. 100rpm won't be any faster on 120fps than in 60fps. Nobody claimed that.

• Like 3

Im afraid to say this thread has derailed and all i can see is flame-baiting and personally accusations of several members of this forum. I will now be closing this thread and reviewing the thread for those members who have broken the forum rules.

Thanks

R0adki11

• Like 3