davidoss

[Co14] THE TET OFFENSIVE MP/SP

THE TET OFFENSIVE MP/SP

@EDIT: Due to mod updates mission is not working anymore.

At the end of 1967, after three years of direct intervention in Vietnam,
the U.S. was still stuck in a stalemate against the Communist forces.

The U.S. Army did not make any noticeable progress on dealing with the Communist guerilla tactics,
and there was little sign that the U.S.-backed South Vietnamese government could be able to fight against the North communists themselves.

As the war was escalated, American public kept raising more and more questions about its involvement in Vietnam.

According to the Gallup polls, the percentage of Americans who believed that the U.S.

had made a mistake by sending troops to Vietnam had risen from 25% in 1965 to 45% in December 1967.

To calm the public down, many government officials and military Generals began to speak confident words about Vietnam.

Vice President Humphrey asserted that the U.S. was “beginning to win the struggleâ€

while General Westmoreland reported that the end of the war “began to come into viewâ€.

General Bruce Palmer, Jr. went even further and claimed that “the Vietcong has been defeated.
†But nothing could be further from the truth. "

Yeah.. Jungle Time.

Players/player spawning at one of US bases in the jungle.

The Tet Offensive goal are:
Provide patrol re-con to find out where Vietcong locations are, then attack them.

Mission end:
Mission will end if all Vietcong locations are found and secured.

Features:

* Stable good FPS
* BIS group management
* In game BIS Battle Support
* Selectable Mission parameters
* Unforgotten game experience

* and much more...

Requirements:
@CBA_A3

@unsung_Vietnam_A3

@Med_util_heli

@xla_fixedarsenal

Community script used and Thanks:

- Shuko for his great positioning functions
- Jacmac for his great Generic Vehicle Service
- aeroson for his great Loadout Manager script
- Quiksilver for his great Soldier Tracker

- farooqaaa for his great FAR Revive system

- Heeeere's johnny! for his time and knowledge while helping me out

Download:

Newest version
GoogleDrive

Steam

Armaholic

• Like 2

Yeah had some jungle time, lots of fun audio there to create the authentic Nam atmosphere.

Thanks for the mission, davidoss !

Nikander

Has this scenario been played in singleplayer? Do you spawn as an individual or as a squad? I've noticed that a lot of coop scenarios don't translate well when played in SP. I know I should just download the required addons and try, but I have a very limited data cap. 

Tested in SP and on dedicated.

In SP you are squad leader of AI. You can dismiss an recruit new AIs on the flag.

In MP you are alone waiting for other players, or you can recruit AI units on the flag and lead them into jungle

• Like 1

Hey Davidoss, this seems like a clean mission to play with friends, i like all the resources, FOB, recruiting, etc good stuff!  Nice to see a new nam one.  I am having just one issue to get things rolling with my buds.  When you say provide recon patrol to find enemy, i have walked all over and flown the map and so far have not encountered a single enemy. I am sure this is something i am missing?  All mods correct, and just the ones listed.

Thanks for creating what seems like a very promising coop mission and appreciate the help.

Well maybe you and your team are not brave enough. Your enemy is Vietcong and this is Vietnam. Keep your eyes open. :D

Well maybe you and your team are not brave enough. Your enemy is Vietcong and this is Vietnam. Keep your eyes open. :D

Yeah, maybe that's it.  Ironically, right after i posted that we found some.  Seems like we had to walk all over for a long time.  I love the mission and you did a great job.  My only suggestion is more enemy locations, or maybe a parameter setting that allows more regions.  JMO.

Thanks for all your hard work on this though.  Nice to see someone doing it so clean.

Thanks that you liked it. There are enough enemy locations and some surprises as well i will not  reveal them here.

Good hunting..