Jump to content
ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

For some reason I am only getting 2-3 spots for civilian spawns on Kujari, anyone else?

 

Disregard

Edited by MacTheGoon
repaired kujari map and it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Plz hurry updating steam 😄

i cant upload dll files to oure server so need steam...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steam update is done.  Have at it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seems to be a weird issue with CUP APCs. So spawn in a crewed CUP apc let’s say an AAV now teleport the player near the apc so it spawns in and look at it and everything will be good. Now teleport the player far away so the APC despawns then again teleport back to the area so it spawns and the crew will get out and move into cargo positions every time except the driver. Does not happen with RHS APCs seems to just be the CUP ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, devildog664 said:

Seems to be a weird issue with CUP APCs. So spawn in a crewed CUP apc let’s say an AAV now teleport the player near the apc so it spawns in and look at it and everything will be good. Now teleport the player far away so the APC despawns then again teleport back to the area so it spawns and the crew will get out and move into cargo positions every time except the driver. Does not happen with RHS APCs seems to just be the CUP ones. 

Teleporting isn’t really a reliable testing method. If the APC naturally despawns, then respawns, will this issue occur? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Teleporting isn’t really a reliable testing method. If the APC naturally despawns, then respawns, will this issue occur? 

Lowered the despawn range and just ran and it has the same effect. I also noticed that more crew members are created then needed. I’m thinking it could be the config for the CUP vehicle and that the script is returning the turret spots (the cargo positions that you can shoot out of) of the vehicle as actual gunner positions. That could also be causing the issue where the crew takes up those cargo turret spots before the actual gunner and commander spots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, devildog664 said:

Lowered the despawn range and just ran and it has the same effect. I also noticed that more crew members are created then needed. I’m thinking it could be the config for the CUP vehicle and that the script is returning the turret spots (the cargo positions that you can shoot out of) of the vehicle as actual gunner positions. That could also be causing the issue where the crew takes up those cargo turret spots before the actual gunner and commander spots. 

It would be more about the "time" or quickness of teleporting,and not about the range that would cause odd behaviour.

 

Is your faction ORBAT made?If not,you could recreate the current faction you use in ORBAT,and on those vehicles with extra fire positions,man them with "none" in the ORBAT vehicle edit options.Or do the opposite and fill all seats so the commander and gunner will be sure of having crew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redarmy said:

It would be more about the "time" or quickness of teleporting,and not about the range that would cause odd behaviour.

 

Is your faction ORBAT made?If not,you could recreate the current faction you use in ORBAT,and on those vehicles with extra fire positions,man them with "none" in the ORBAT vehicle edit options.Or do the opposite and fill all seats so the commander and gunner will be sure of having crew

I figured the range would do nothing but i have tried waiting but still same effect. The faction is the Community Upgrade Projected(CUP) that is listed as a supported faction for ALIVE. I will try and see if i can edit it through the ORBAT or what i was thinking about doing is when ever a vehicle profile is spawned back in i can just run a script on the group to take the crew members and just assign them to the gunner and commander spots. Is there a way i can almost set an eventhandler or something so when ever a profile is spawned back in i can run the script? 

The CUP vehicles have the CargoGunner positions which seem to be priority over the gunner and commander.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So just a quick update I used the ORBAT as sugested and made the APCs into a new faction and removed all the CargoGunner positions in the config and now it works like a charm. So i dont know if you guys want to look into this issue and see why your scripts want to fill the CargoGunner positions first over the actual gunner positions. So again the issue can be reproduced every time by spawning in a crewed vehicle with CargoGunner positions then letting it despawn and then respawn again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, devildog664 said:

So just a quick update I used the ORBAT as sugested and made the APCs into a new faction and removed all the CargoGunner positions in the config and now it works like a charm. So i dont know if you guys want to look into this issue and see why your scripts want to fill the CargoGunner positions first over the actual gunner positions. So again the issue can be reproduced every time by spawning in a crewed vehicle with CargoGunner positions then letting it despawn and then respawn again. 

With the release we’re tracking and bouncing back and forth on quite a few issues right now. I passed this along but I’m not sure who’d have to address this (ALiVE team or CUP team). A ticket on our Github could be useful so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle if you have some time:

 

https://github.com/ALiVEOS/ALiVE.OS/issues

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey can someone walk me through how to export your faction and make a PBO? I've tried and failed repeatedly.  I know this has undoubtedly been asked before but I can't find anything. 

 

Once you create it in the ORBAT, create the groups and export it then what? Where do I copy it to? What programs do I need? How do I compile it? How do I make it into an addon? What programs do I need etc.? If anyone can point me in the direction of a youtube tutorial or anything that would be great. Because I can't find anything past how to make a faction in the mod. I got that part down. So now what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a heads up to Spyder Addons users. This hotfix adds a highly requested feature of implementing a fixed version of Spyder’s Civilian Interaction module system directly into ALiVE (yay!). Tupolov has really done quite a fantastic job of making ALiVE feel...well, more alive! 

 

That said, the above hotfix is coded to ignore these additions if Spyder Addons loaded in any way. With Spyder Addons loaded, it ignores the fixed civilian Interaction system and reverts back to how it works in Spyder’s mod, meaning insurgency players probably won’t have any way of revealing insurgency HQ’s right now (boo!).

 

We are in the process of testing a new implementation for Spyder Addons users where ALiVE only checks for Spyder Addon’s Civilian Interaction module and not the entire Spyder Addons mod itself. We apologize for any inconvenience. If all goes according to plan we will put out a new hotfix possibly tomorrow or shortly thereafter (no promises but we’ll try to get it out ASAP).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 questions:

 

1. On my custom map that is in testing, I attempted to place a bunch of just custom objects and an AI Commander but I kept getting stuck in the loading screen with an error that said something about "static data". AFAIK, that relates to indexing? Does a map need to be indexed in order to use custom objectives or am I enabling something that shouldn't be enabled that's causing this?

 

2. Do non virtualized units get saved in the ALiVE persistence save? IE, units that aren't tied to ALiVE at all, but just placed in the editor with no commander?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, i got few performance issue with the CQB module, i host a server at home on a dedicated computer, everything work fine for the other people but not for me, got weird performance issue :

-without the CQB module everything works fine

-with the cqb module (5%-500m spawn distance) my performance client decrease, i take in charge all the cqb unit, i think its because i have 0 ping.

-with the cqb module (5%-500m spawn distance) + 2 headless client, i got a weird performance issue the fps are fine but every 5 seconde i got a weird slow frame.

 

Its possible the engine load/unload repeatedly the cqb AI between me and the headless client (i have tried distribution option for virtualized AI headless/server) same issue.

 

There is way to force Alive to spawn CQB unit on the headless/the server only ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, acoustic said:

2 questions:

 

1. On my custom map that is in testing, I attempted to place a bunch of just custom objects and an AI Commander but I kept getting stuck in the loading screen with an error that said something about "static data". AFAIK, that relates to indexing? Does a map need to be indexed in order to use custom objectives or am I enabling something that shouldn't be enabled that's causing this?

 

2. Do non virtualized units get saved in the ALiVE persistence save? IE, units that aren't tied to ALiVE at all, but just placed in the editor with no commander?

1. That is correct. The map needs to be indexed for custom objectives to work. However, in the next release, this should be fixed and custom objectives and CQB should both work on non-indexed maps.

 

2. Correct. If it’s not tied to ALiVE, in all but some rare cases, it won’t persist. Manually placed units specifically will not persist and will revert to how they were placed in the editor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, damsous said:

Hello, i got few performance issue with the CQB module, i host a server at home on a dedicated computer, everything work fine for the other people but not for me, got weird performance issue :

-without the CQB module everything works fine

-with the cqb module (5%-500m spawn distance) my performance client decrease, i take in charge all the cqb unit, i think its because i have 0 ping.

-with the cqb module (5%-500m spawn distance) + 2 headless client, i got a weird performance issue the fps are fine but every 5 seconde i got a weird slow frame.

 

Its possible the engine load/unload repeatedly the cqb AI between me and the headless client (i have tried distribution option for virtualized AI headless/server) same issue.

 

There is way to force Alive to spawn CQB unit on the headless/the server only ?

@autigergrad ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/22/2019 at 5:32 PM, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

Just a heads up to Spyder Addons users. This hotfix adds a highly requested feature of implementing a fixed version of Spyder’s Civilian Interaction module system directly into ALiVE (yay!). Tupolov has really done quite a fantastic job of making ALiVE feel...well, more alive! 

 

That said, the above hotfix is coded to ignore these additions if Spyder Addons loaded in any way. With Spyder Addons loaded, it ignores the fixed civilian Interaction system and reverts back to how it works in Spyder’s mod, meaning insurgency players probably won’t have any way of revealing insurgency HQ’s right now (boo!).

 

We are in the process of testing a new implementation for Spyder Addons users where ALiVE only checks for Spyder Addon’s Civilian Interaction module and not the entire Spyder Addons mod itself. We apologize for any inconvenience. If all goes according to plan we will put out a new hotfix possibly tomorrow or shortly thereafter (no promises but we’ll try to get it out ASAP).

Sorry for my bad english but we are supposed to get civ interaction from spyder addon with Alive only ? does it work ? cause i set up a mission on Kujari and there is no interaction, and the basic interaction looks like broken (detain, arrest) only search option work.... I also found a civilian, sit in his house with 3 explosive charge attached to his knee (search him no explosive vest). Im using the christian african civilian faction from CFP, maybe the bug come from that mod i will give a try with spyder addons.

 

By the way the new civilian population is really nice, its more alive, on my first try a civilian throw at me a bottle and gave me a V-sign 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, damsous said:

Sorry for my bad english but we are supposed to get civ interaction from spyder addon with Alive only ? does it work ? cause i set up a mission on Kujari and there is no interaction, and the basic interaction looks like broken (detain, arrest) only search option work.... I also found a civilian, sit in his house with 3 explosive charge attached to his knee (search him no explosive vest). Im using the christian african civilian faction from CFP, maybe the bug come from that mod i will give a try with spyder addons.

 

By the way the new civilian population is really nice, its more alive, on my first try a civilian throw at me a bottle and gave me a V-sign 🙂

Spyder’s Civilian Interaction has been brought directly into ALiVE. You won’t need to use Spyder Addon’s Civilian Interaction anymore.

 

There was a bug that prevented it from working. I think today we’re releasing a hotfix. Let us know if it still doesn’t work after the update.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might you guys be able to slip an index in for my terrain next update?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, acoustic said:

Might you guys be able to slip an index in for my terrain next update?

 

 

At this stage, indexing is unfortunately still a manual process. Our indexing, which is available as a free tool within our mod, relies on building ID’s and needs to be redone every time the map adds/removes buildings.

 

Is the map complete or complete for now building-wise? Do you have an index handy or are you requesting we do it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

At this stage, indexing is unfortunately still a manual process. Our indexing, which is available as a free tool within our mod, relies on building ID’s and needs to be redone every time the map adds/removes buildings.

 

Is the map complete or complete for now building-wise? Do you have an index handy or are you requesting we do it?

I wasn't aware that it could be done by the user, I will give it a go tonight.

 

Yes, buildings are complete (I say that now, at least lol).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ALiVE has updated just an FYI. Hopefully this at least fixes all the urgent bugs. Thanks for the reports everyone.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When placing a random weighting on a mil civ TAOR,i am getting alot of instances where jets and helo's spawn in the open or in these towns/villages.

 

Is this normal and is there away to prevent it?In the drop down menu there are optios to set stuff like motorized to = 0 etc...but nothing for aircraft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, redarmy said:

When placing a random weighting on a mil civ TAOR,i am getting alot of instances where jets and helo's spawn in the open or in these towns/villages.

 

Is this normal and is there away to prevent it?In the drop down menu there are optios to set stuff like motorized to = 0 etc...but nothing for aircraft.

Air craft spawning is a separate dropdown. Pretty sure it’s in the Military Placement Military Objective module. Try turning that to off/no.

 

Though they shouldn’t just be spawning in random places like that. Unless I messed up an index which I’ve been known to do with my fat fingers. 😞  You can thank Tupolov for fixing helo’s spawning in pubs all over the new GM DLC map. 🙂 What map is this?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×