ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

If you place units in the new eden editor lets say in the first story of a building and they get virtualized with ALiVE and they spawn if you come close enough, the unit is in the ground floor. Would be better if the unit is where I placed it :)

Second thing. 

If I place units in the small city Oreokastro on Altis, there are none. No civil objectives are set. inside the "city". Bjective Size and priority Filters are set to "Do not filter". If the TAOR marker is big enough there are objectives at the windmills in the south of Oreokastro.

If you place units in the new eden editor lets say in the first story of a building and they get virtualized with ALiVE and they spawn if you come close enough, the unit is in the ground floor. Would be better if the unit is where I placed it :)

Second thing. 

If I place units in the small city Oreokastro on Altis, there are none. No civil objectives are set. inside the "city". Bjective Size and priority Filters are set to "Do not filter". If the TAOR marker is big enough there are objectives at the windmills in the south of Oreokastro.

Altis and Stratis will be getting fresh indexes soon.

• Like 1

I'm having an issue getting civilians to populate the map. I've done an album showing the setup here http://imgur.com/a/Vx3Dy

When I load the mission my RPT shows

ALIVE AMBCP - Warning no locations found for placement, you need to include civilian locations within the TAOR marker

Full RPT here http://pastebin.com/y8EMfpi8

I've tried making the marker bigger and smaller as well as every variation of ignore objective and location placement. The marker name is exactly the same as the TAOR (copied and pasted)

Where am I going wrong?

If Altis and Stratis need fresh indexes how do the A2 maps look right now? I'd imagine worse.

Altis and Stratis haven't been done in awhile, so some changes have messed up a few things (nothing big), such as helicopter spawn positions.

• Like 1

It was on the map Takistan and some time ago everything worked properly. This is a continuation of the last reported problem by me.

I'm having an issue getting civilians to populate the map. I've done an album showing the setup here http://imgur.com/a/Vx3Dy

When I load the mission my RPT shows

ALIVE AMBCP - Warning no locations found for placement, you need to include civilian locations within the TAOR marker

Full RPT here http://pastebin.com/y8EMfpi8

I've tried making the marker bigger and smaller as well as every variation of ignore objective and location placement. The marker name is exactly the same as the TAOR (copied and pasted)

Where am I going wrong?

Yeah, had the same problem, too. I fixed it by set the "Objective Size Filter" and "Objective Priority Filter" to "Do not Filter". (Was the only way to make it work for me!) 

Anyone else getting this?  Its happening in Kunduz map...:

_anyInRange = f>
21:24:57   Error position: <ALiVE_fnc_allCurators);

_anyInRange = f>
21:24:57   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_allcurators
21:24:57 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\units\fnc_anyPlayersInRangeIncludeAir.sqf, line 40
21:24:57 Error in expression <= ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers) + (call ALiVE_fnc_allCurators);

Anyone else getting this?  Its happening in Kunduz map...:

_anyInRange = f>

21:24:57   Error position: <ALiVE_fnc_allCurators);

_anyInRange = f>

21:24:57   Error Undefined variable in expression: alive_fnc_allcurators

21:24:57 File x\alive\addons\x_lib\functions\units\fnc_anyPlayersInRangeIncludeAir.sqf, line 40

21:24:57 Error in expression <= ([] call BIS_fnc_listPlayers) + (call ALiVE_fnc_allCurators);

Yes. There are a few errors within ALiVE caused by the latest CBA update (v2.3) changing how some things work. A hotfix for ALiVE will be released when it's ready. For now, stick with CBA v2.2 to avoid any errors.

• Like 1

Just wanted to follow up on this post from the old thread:

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/159708-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment/page-348#entry2955369

not seeing the "array has no elements", but I do still appear to be getting a game crash related to having installations with asymmetric warfare.

I haven't gone very deep with it on 1.56 and the latest version of ALiVE, but crash seems likely to happen if I get too close to an installation at times.

With debug on. This time it was vanilla units on kunduz. I haven't tested further with current patches, but the behavior seems in line with what I described in the linked post.

EDIT: This was a couple of days ago before CBA's latest update, by the way. 

I don't get a group option when placing ALive modules?

IS Sync the new grp? 

I don't get a group option when placing ALive modules?

IS Sync the new grp?

Right click the module. Click "connect to." Click "sync."

Then click on the module you want to sync the first one to.

Right click the module. Click "connect to." Click "sync."

Then click on the module you want to sync the first one to.

Ok, just to make sure I understand. 

In the 2D you grouped ALIVE Modules (AI Commander to MIL Placement) now in the 3D you Sync, which was a no no in the 2D editor. 

Ok, just to make sure I understand. 

In the 2D you grouped ALIVE Modules (AI Commander to MIL Placement) now in the 3D you Sync, which was a no no in the 2D editor. 

You have it backwards. You always want to sync modules together, you never want to group them.

• Like 1

New mod v1.0.0.1602091 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ALiVE team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

New mod v1.0.0.1602091 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey ALiVE team , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

Can someone help me with this? This error appears to me the logs on each map and mission.

https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/187954-alive-advanced-light-infantry-virtual-environment-10-ga/?p=2982296

Hi Dogpatch - can you post the full RPT file to pastebin and link back here?  Are you using the War Room with persistence?  If so double-check you've setup the server properly (instructions are under your group profile in the War Room).  If not, then remove @aliveserver from the list of mods for your server (and do not run it on your client).

I'm having an issue with using ALiVE to populate two markers. The override factions i'm using are rhs_faction_usarmy_wd and rhs_faction_msv. When I preview the mission both markers have proper factions spawned, but also units from RHS's Insurgent (Independent) faction in each one. I know that faction isn't supported by ALiVE (according to this), is there a way I can stop this?

Happy to dropbox the mission pbo when I'm at my home machine if that helps.

Hi Dogpatch - can you post the full RPT file to pastebin and link back here?  Are you using the War Room with persistence?  If so double-check you've setup the server properly (instructions are under your group profile in the War Room).  If not, then remove @aliveserver from the list of mods for your server (and do not run it on your client).

Here is a link to a file .rpt -> http://forum.hastati.pl/arma3.rpt

I do not use the War Room, and I do not have this mod on a server or in my client.

I'm having an issue with using ALiVE to populate two markers. The override factions i'm using are rhs_faction_usarmy_wd and rhs_faction_msv. When I preview the mission both markers have proper factions spawned, but also units from RHS's Insurgent (Independent) faction in each one. I know that faction isn't supported by ALiVE (according to this), is there a way I can stop this?

Ditto.  This happens even using vanilla units with RHS loaded...  I first thought maybe it was the CBA bug but after rolling back still happening

I'm having an issue with using ALiVE to populate two markers. The override factions i'm using are rhs_faction_usarmy_wd and rhs_faction_msv. When I preview the mission both markers have proper factions spawned, but also units from RHS's Insurgent (Independent) faction in each one. I know that faction isn't supported by ALiVE (according to this), is there a way I can stop this?

Ditto.  This happens even using vanilla units with RHS loaded...  I first thought maybe it was the CBA bug but after rolling back still happening

Thanks for the reports - looks like the static mappings to make RHS work with ALiVE need some attention.

@gibfender - if you have a repro mission with just RHS, ALiVE and CBA then PM to me if you can... thanks!

Here is a link to a file .rpt -> http://forum.hastati.pl/arma3.rpt

I do not use the War Room, and I do not have this mod on a server or in my client.

Thanks Dogpatch will take a look - are you placing the ALiVE data module in your mission?