ALiVEmod

ALiVE - Advanced Light Infantry Virtual Environment 1.0 (GA)

I mean I guess ASR AI could be causing issues. I doubt it but I haven't used it in awhile so you never know.

One thing to consider is despawning is a "normal" part of the process. It's one of the few things I'd consider immersion breaking in this mod but it's a means to an end (these supplies and troops need to come from somewhere and disappear. There is no way around this).

When you say they're hanging for 5-10 minutes then despawning, is this after dropping off the cargo? Or how about this...

Long shot but do you have any video recording software? Can you demonstrate this without any additional mods (no ASR AI)?

15 minutes ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

I mean I guess ASR AI could be causing issues. I doubt it but I haven't used it in awhile so you never know.

One thing to consider is despawning is a "normal" part of the process. It's one of the few things I'd consider immersion breaking in this mod but it's a means to an end (these supplies and troops need to come from somewhere and disappear. There is no way around this).

When you say they're hanging for 5-10 minutes then despawning, is this after dropping off the cargo? Or how about this...

Long shot but do you have any video recording software? Can you demonstrate this without any additional mods (no ASR AI)?

I will do some testing this weekend to see if excluding ASR_AI fixes the issue.

I know that units have to spawn and despair, thats the core functionality of the ALiVE mod itself, however, they arrive so perfectly coming from a far distance and then the opposite happens when they decide to move out.....a few seconds and then gone into thin air (its like I am in an episode of the TV show the Leftovers, lol).

THANX

16 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

I will do some testing this weekend to see if excluding ASR_AI fixes the issue.

I know that units have to spawn and despair, thats the core functionality of the ALiVE mod itself, however, they arrive so perfectly coming from a far distance and then the opposite happens when they decide to move out.....a few seconds and then gone into thin air (its like I am in an episode of the TV show the Leftovers, lol).

THANX

This is after unloading the cargo?

EDIT: I LOVE The Leftovers

1 hour ago, HeroesandvillainsOS said:

This is after unloading the cargo?

EDIT: I LOVE The Leftovers

Yes - after they offload (or after I get fed up with the noise of the choppers and shoot one down, lol).

I have just disable ASR_AI and am planning a quick play test (don't tell the wife).

P.S. Why do they all smoke in the Leftovers?

It's not ASR_AI.  I've seen the same thing.  It's not everytime, but several times Helos will drop troops off then hover directly above for 5-10 min then vanish.  It occurred in previous iterations as well.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, autigergrad said:

It's not ASR_AI.  I've seen the same thing.  It's not everytime, but several times Helos will drop troops off then hover directly above for 5-10 min then vanish.  It occurred in previous iterations as well.  

Thanx for the feedback autigergrad - I am going to run the mission for a few hours without the AI modification to see how the vanilla AI is running.  It's been about two years since I even looked at this game with Vanilla AI.

On a sidenote - I ma having particular good results now when I call in my CAS Plane and use the Laser Designator to mark targets :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, reaper lok said:

Thanx for the feedback autigergrad - I am going to run the mission for a few hours without the AI modification to see how the vanilla AI is running.  It's been about two years since I even looked at this game with Vanilla AI.

On a sidenote - I ma having particular good results now when I call in my CAS Plane and use the Laser Designator to mark targets :)

I use VCOM AI on just about every mission I run with our group.  We were hitting buildings with F-18 support last night with no issues so you may want to give VCOM a whirl.

• Like 1

Me too. That's one reason why I deactivate the logistic.

Sometimes the choppers don't move or do something (broken waypoints?).

The other is that often comes 20+ choppers at the same time.

Great chaos in the sky with a massiv fps drop.

11 minutes ago, iV - Ghost said:

Me too. That's one reason why I deactivate the logistic.

Sometimes the choppers don't move or do something (broken waypoints?).

The other is that often comes 20+ choppers at the same time.

Great chaos in the sky with a massiv fps drop.

Military Logistics has been updated in the current release. This has greatly reduced the amount of simultaneous resupply choppers/vehicles, which in turn has improved the performance.

If anyone is noticing anything odd, please make a detailed post in a situation where you're only using ALiVE and CBA.

I have nothing to do with Alive but In relation to helicopters not moving by any chance did they come under fire? I know from reading some threads on Dev branch that there is an old issue with helicopters coming under fire from an "Unknown Enemy" then getting stuck hovering in the sky because they are trying to run a retreat command that does not work. This might have nothing to do with your issue but I thought I'd give my two cents in case it helps. 

• Like 3

Is there any way to change the way Military Logistics brings in reinforcements? For example, instead of bringing them in via helicopter, can I have it spawn trucks that drive the reinforcements in?

47 minutes ago, montgomery said:

Is there any way to change the way Military Logistics brings in reinforcements? For example, instead of bringing them in via helicopter, can I have it spawn trucks that drive the reinforcements in?

I am pretty sure they do both - choppers will usually be the better option depending on the distance that the AI commander has to transport them.

I was testing today and I had 14 enemy tanks drop in via parachute right over my head, lol.  I thought this was a little over the top as they had just called in 14 choppers with several transporting vehicles also.....outnumbered and performance took a hit.

That happens if the player is in range of the Logistics HQ, which is used as the initial spawn point.  Rather than magic things out of thin air, if a player is within range they get parachuted down - not ideal, but since we have no strategic lift capabilities in vanilla ArmA, it's the best we can do to simulate theatre insertion of battle casualty replacements.  From there, BCRs will move by convoy or heli to the drop off point.  Infantry and light vehicles tend to prefer insertion by heli.  Heavy vehicles and armour will always travel by convoy.

You can define the Log HQ location by putting the Log module next to a high priority custom objective somewhere out of the way and set location selection to "fixed".

• Like 2

I'm total noop and sorry in advance to ask this question!

Is there a place where all completed index map files is kept?
Or how can I tell on steam workshop which map are indexed or not. 
I have searched every forum that I could think of but did only find some random maps.
Best regards

Allan

9 hours ago, reaper lok said:

I was testing today and I had 14 enemy tanks drop in via parachute...

This is one of the biggest problems for me and my ALiVE values.

14 choppers and 14 tanks (all with units on board) are to much for the performance (and the few players).

Every part of the reinforcement troops (helis, armoured, mechanised, infantery, maybe ships too ;-), ...) should be reduceable.

The reinforcement troops are not the only ai on map.

I'm aware of the list, but does it mean that all the maps natively are supported if I download from steam workshop or 

will I still have to find the index files manually put it in the map folder?

Only open the map in 3den-Editor and place the ALiVE-modules.

Nothing more...

• Like 2

If I understand the question, the maps on that list are supported by default, the ALIVE mod contains the index data. Grab the map and you're good to go. :)

6 minutes ago, iV - Ghost said:

This is one of the biggest problems for me and my ALiVE values.

14 choppers and 14 tanks (all with units on board) are to much for the performance (and the few players).

Every part of the reinforcement troops (helis, armoured, mechanised, infantery, maybe ships too ;-), ...) should be reduceable.

The reinforcement troops are not the only ai on map.

If you set Reinforcement requests in the AI Commander module to "Constant" they will send smaller replens but more often (they're triggered when units reach 90% combat effectiveness) so you should see a steady trickle of logistics runs.  "Seldom" kicks off logistics at 50% CE, so you will get fewer but much larger waves of replacements.  The number of units being resupplied is directly related to casualties taken.  If you want to limit the ability to resupply, reduce the available Force Pool.  We've staggered the replens by heli in the latest release to try and reduce the instances of AI pilots crashing into each other.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, friznit2 said:

That happens if the player is in range of the Logistics HQ, which is used as the initial spawn point.  Rather than magic things out of thin air, if a player is within range they get parachuted down - not ideal, but since we have no strategic lift capabilities in vanilla ArmA, it's the best we can do to simulate theatre insertion of battle casualty replacements.  From there, BCRs will move by convoy or heli to the drop off point.  Infantry and light vehicles tend to prefer insertion by heli.  Heavy vehicles and armour will always travel by convoy.

You can define the Log HQ location by putting the Log module next to a high priority custom objective somewhere out of the way and set location selection to "fixed".

When you say 'fixed', did you mean 'static'? Just making sure I am not missing something - thanx friznit2

Yeah, static - it won't move the location even if it's lost to enemy forces (in which case you'll lose logistics until the objective is recaptured)

• Like 1